Transformative Multi-Year Expansion Announced for WDS Paris

Sir_Cliff

Honestly, they should have stuck with Disney Studio's Paris. I don't really understand why it needed the name change other than a chance to re-brand it as a "new park" for new customers.

It's Holywood Studios that's desperate for the name change.
Yes, this is very weird.

They are keeping and in some ways enhancing the studio and Hollywood theming for the front of the park, but getting rid of any connection to studios or Hollywood in the new name. Even just thinking about the shorthand, Disneyland and the Studios sounds more unique and interesting than Disneyland and Adventure World. The latter sounds like the sort of park we used to have in Australia trying its darnedest to approximate Disneyland by building some Main Street USA-esque buildings around their rollercoasters.

Jordan dby

So to summarise;

Name change, which is 'meh', I agree it's not inspiring,not even accurate ('World' is misleading and 'Adventure' isn't innovative, maybe entertainment/recreation quarter/garden/lot would be more accurate)

Apart from that, nothing? Some slight details on a new show starting next month which we knew was coming. A new concept art for the big area which is basically the old one but with the edges cropped so star wars isn't there anymore.

A redesigned indoor area that we already knew was closing imminently.

The lion king singing lady wasn't there that I can see.

Why have the event? Have I missed something?

JohnD

The "Adventure Bay" is the MOST ridiculous thing ever 😭 💀
What about romantic "English" gardens with Art Nouveau buildings that lead to a fairytale castle around a lake, screams adventure?! Not only is the name "adventure" bad, but also the word "world". It's shocking how they messed it up twice in the same title.

I was just saying the other day how it feels like the placemaking is a mess and there is no coherence...I was hoping marketing would come through with some good storyline/amazing names. Yet this is what we got?! It's even worse than before, even more confusing and ridiculous...how did they approve that?

CineMagique would have been such a good name, it sounded French, it's self referential, it's fun and unique, and they could have built around the idea that you step into the movies from Studio 1.
Why name Studio 1 = World Premiere and create a whole set-up about entering a cinema, and then renaming the park "Adventure World", what???

By the way, I do like the World Premiere/Plaza name and concept, although it looks a bit cheap and messy, I thought they might fix it in the future, but the entire renaming ruined everything.

I am shocked and disappointed to say the least you guys, good marketing & solid storytelling could have created the illusion of something better thought out, this is just plain laziness and lack of interest, knowledge and culture.
It probably went something like this:
  • Islands of Adventure Nope already used
  • Adventure Universe Can't do that. Too close to new Uni park name and can't use any word that's a derivation of "Universal"
  • Adventure Land We already have that as one word in multiple MK-type parks.
  • Adventure Park. Is that like Jurassic Park? Scratch that.
  • Adventure World Well. We have World of Frozen. So there's that. Good enough. Do we care that the only other place with "World" is Walt Disney World and meant to evoke a vacation destination, not just a themed area? Please. Anyway, we need to brand the park as ours.
  • Disney Adventure World. Perfect!

Last edited:

Earlie the Pearlie

I was hoping marketing would come through with some good storyline/amazing names.
To quote a good Disney movie:
And to that I say ha!
A-and no. They wouldn’t.
Marketing is, contrary to popular belief, not a very creative process. It is a science. Their job is to get people to come. Tourists are stupid! Cinemagique, from our point of view, is a pretty specific thematic name. It conveys a theme! But to average tourists? What does that promise them? Cinema magic?
Pah. They can get THAT on a phone. But a world of adventures? Now THAT sounds cool!
Tourists are stupid.
Now normally, it would fall on imagineering to come up with a theme to redeem this disaster of a park, a la DCA 2.0. But current management really just wants a place for Disney characters. This is on them. Bad editors don’t just let bad content through, they prompt it.
And so, Adventure World.

FutureCEO

Honestly, they should have stuck with Disney Studio's Paris. I don't really understand why it needed the name change other than a chance to re-brand it as a "new park" for new customers.

It's Holywood Studios that's desperate for the name change.
More merchandise money for people wanting to buy things that say the new name change

cjkeating

If we go back in time in this thread I am sure people were saying the park shouldn't be named "Studios" because it isn't a Studios anymore or "Walt Disney" as it has nothing to do with him. Not saying I like the new name though.

TheLewisHK

Cinémagique/Cinémagine/Cinémagination Parc would have been a better pick, imo. Plus would have given a lovely bit of nostalgia and love for the old show, with a bit of French flair.

1000016285.jpg

Including 'World' just seems confusing to me, and 'Adventure' is such a nondescript term in the industry now.

Although the concept art does look great.

Toni25

To quote a good Disney movie:
And to that I say ha!
A-and no. They wouldn’t.
Marketing is, contrary to popular belief, not a very creative process. It is a science. Their job is to get people to come. Tourists are stupid! Cinemagique, from our point of view, is a pretty specific thematic name. It conveys a theme! But to average tourists? What does that promise them? Cinema magic?
Pah. They can get THAT on a phone. But a world of adventures? Now THAT sounds cool!
Tourists are stupid.
Now normally, it would fall on imagineering to come up with a theme to redeem this disaster of a park, a la DCA 2.0. But current management really just wants a place for Disney characters. This is on them. Bad editors don’t just let bad content through, they prompt it.
And so, Adventure World.
Disney's CinemAdventure Parc ??? Idk 😭 The marketeers and imagineers could have been more in tune, some compromises could have been made. The Parc name isn't even the worst part of it...but the Adventure Way and Adventure Bay? Oh lord... I guess once Avatar & Lion King are added it would make more sense.
Names aside, I'm excited for the "worlds" they're going to add. I hope they won't be lazy one-ride copy/paste lands.

Ice Gator

Oh wow. WDS park should have been raised entirely. I’m sorry but this feels like such a mess. It was always the worst maintained Disney park and something of a parody of Disney Hollywood Studios at its best. The structure of the park seems awkward as well-especially with such a long stretch of nothing just leading to a lagoon with the new stuff. Theyre not Imagineering anything- just cramming in as many clones of existing IP lands into a broken Studios Park. It feels very disorganized to me. It’s like they’re testing AI to design this theme park.

Last edited:

fTs

Only a few hours train ride away we already have the parks:
  • Chessington World of Adventures
  • Adventure Island
The studio 1 retheme seems not that big of a change, it still looks like a Hollywood sound stage inside so I don't get why they are moving away from the studios theme but then building what appears to be a classic studio sound stage with building flats again.

montydysquith-navarro

In the Parks
No
Lol I'm predicting that at some point, the name will be extended to "Disney Adventure World Theme Park" (a la DAK - on the DAK page on the WDW website, the park's name is written down as "Disney's Animal Kingdom Theme Park")

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom