Transformative Multi-Year Expansion Announced for WDS Paris

Just JBC

So now, in theory, in late 2025, I can take a cruise on the Disney Adventure to somewhere near France, and then an Adventures by Disney trip through Europe, winding up at Disney Adventure World?

I thought it was bad enough to overlap the Disney Adventure with Adventures by Disney (that also offers river cruises). This is just a whole new level of why???

Maybe they will at least consider renaming the ship?

nickys

Premium Member
I’ve just read the Disneyland Paris News site and I’m laughing so much. Who writes this crap?

Both World Premiere Plaza and Disney Village will be “warm and dynamic” apparently. I look forward to seeing how that works in the middle of winter.

And in addition to breathtaking experiences, naturally I can have an unprecedented level of immersion and powerful storytelling.

But there’s more. At Disney Village I can have new experiences that are only available there. Shopping, I assume. I see they are introducing two new Disney shop concepts. And perhaps best of all I’ll be able to buy ready-to-wear clothing. 🧐

Meanwhile all this waffle / twaddle obscures more than half the concept art.

Meeko77

I agree with others that the new name is a poor choice. I am just relieved it looks like the Earffel Tower will be staying; I hope I get to see it in person one day, because I miss the one here in Florida very much.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
What’s the Twain?
Mark Twain riverboat. It went into refurb in 2011 but has pretty much sat rotting in the maintenance dock ever since. It’s on official record at least twice of returning but still nothing. It’s currently sat on the river under shrouds whilst the Molly is refurbed in the dock. Around the 2:40 mark:

Last edited:

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No

Disney Adventure World: Disneyland Paris renames Walt Disney Studios as part of massive expansion​

• Early 90s: Disney wants to build a park in the Washington, DC area called Disney America... falls through
  • Late 90s: Six Flags rebrands a park in the Washington, DC area from "Adventure World" to "Six Flags America"
  • 25 Years Later: Disney rebrands a park as "Disney Adventure World"
I know it's all coincidence, but it's just too coincidental to not mention...

SpaceMountain77

There is a small kiosk to the left of the entrance of Disney's Hollywood Studios called Movieland. I have often thought that if IPs, rather than lands, drive the park experience, then Disney Movieland could be a fitting and fun use of an existing name. Also, Auria and Eric, of the Frozen Sing-Along Celebration, refer to guests as Citizens of Hollywoodland. Disney's Hollywoodland also seems fun and fitting.

Dr.GrantSeeker

Disney Adventure World 🤮

I'm sure guests will eventually just call it "Adventure World" or "Adventure Park" which don't sound good for a Disney them park in my opinion. With all the the institutional knowledge that has left TWDC over the years it is no wonder we get names like this that are just utter garbage.

"Hey! Lets go to Disney Adventure World today!!"
Parks And Recreation Reaction GIF

mickEblu

Disney Adventure World 🤮

I'm sure guests will eventually just call it "Adventure World" or "Adventure Park" which don't sound good for a Disney them park in my opinion. With all the the institutional knowledge that has left TWDC over the years it is no wonder we get names like this that are just utter garbage.

It sounds like satire. Or like something out of an adult cartoon. I can hear Peter Griffin saying “I’m taking the kids to Adventure World.”

nickys

Premium Member
Mark Twain riverboat. It went into refurb in 2011 but has pretty much sat rotting in the maintenance dock ever since. It’s on official record at least twice of returning but still nothing. It’s currently sat on the river under shrouds whilst the Molly is refurbed in the dock. Around the 2:40 mark:

Thanks. I hadn’t appreciated there was more than one of the river boats. That is sad though. ☹️

Earlie the Pearlie

It sounds like satire. Or like something out of an adult cartoon. I can hear Peter Griffin saying “I’m taking the kids to Adventure World.”
Isn’t WDSP kind of a parody of a Disney park to begin with, though? Lots of “WALT DISNEY WAS OUR FOUNDER WASN'T HE GREAT"ing, barely themed flat rides and fake facades, a roller coaster or two slapped with Disney IP, a few pretty cheap looking areas based on Disney movies, and even an honest-to-good tower with Mickey ears!
This park was always something out of an adult cartoon (except those fake parks look better than THIS).
This name is just reinforcing that.

britain

We’re back in 2005 when everyone is telling Eisner DCA is lousy, and his fingers are in his ears saying, no, no, if we just smile longer, and ACT like sunshine plaza is a great place to be, then the masses will believe us.

I know Lasseter is someone we aren’t supposed to bring up anymore (and yes, he prioritized Pixar attractions) but it was so refreshing to have someone in charge who called BS on that stuff.

Enough of the adventure and magic WORDS! Be adventurous and magical in execution and aspiration.

JohnD

• Early 90s: Disney wants to build a park in the Washington, DC area called Disney America... falls through
  • Late 90s: Six Flags rebrands a park in the Washington, DC area from "Adventure World" to "Six Flags America"
  • 25 Years Later: Disney rebrands a park as "Disney Adventure World"
I know it's all coincidence, but it's just too coincidental to not mention...
It was called "Disney's America". I lived in the Washington, DC area at the time. I remember it all too well. It was all about the apostrophe. That didn't sit well. "Disney's???!!!!! Not in my back yard!" The fight was brutal, not only about rebranding of American history to "Disney's" and potential "Disneyfied" version of it but the impact it would bring to the area with traffic congestion, etc. not to mention the diluting down of actual historical sites all around the area.

JohnD

Disney Adventure World 🤮

True. The only time guests use "Disney" is when referring to Magic Kingdom as "Disney World."

Toni25

The "Adventure Bay" is the MOST ridiculous thing ever 😭 💀
What about romantic "English" gardens with Art Nouveau buildings that lead to a fairytale castle around a lake, screams adventure?! Not only is the name "adventure" bad, but also the word "world". It's shocking how they messed it up twice in the same title.

I was just saying the other day how it feels like the placemaking is a mess and there is no coherence...I was hoping marketing would come through with some good storyline/amazing names. Yet this is what we got?! It's even worse than before, even more confusing and ridiculous...how did they approve that?

CineMagique would have been such a good name, it sounded French, it's self referential, it's fun and unique, and they could have built around the idea that you step into the movies from Studio 1.
Why name Studio 1 = World Premiere and create a whole set-up about entering a cinema, and then renaming the park "Adventure World", what???

By the way, I do like the World Premiere/Plaza name and concept, although it looks a bit cheap and messy, I thought they might fix it in the future, but the entire renaming ruined everything.

I am shocked and disappointed to say the least you guys, good marketing & solid storytelling could have created the illusion of something better thought out, this is just plain laziness and lack of interest, knowledge and culture.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom