Transformative Multi-Year Expansion Announced for WDS Paris

TheLewisHK

So putting a CARS-themed land OUTSIDE of Worlds of PIXAR and Grizzly Gulsh in this park would make sense to you ? What the heck ????????

Besides, Andrew Ryan's map hasn't been updated since 2018, so...
No. It was used to represent the level of space that is available and to illustrate the level of lands that I think should have opened with the main expansion space. I'm fully aware that there is likely very different plans for lands, however with the map that I (very incredibly roughly) put together you have something to compare that space to. You can also see how absolutely barren the entire expansion is going to feel for at LEAST 5/6 years until they open any other expansions.

The expansion we are getting is poor and is going to do nothing to fix the original problem. THAT is what the photos are meant to illustrate.

I agree that Cars should stay as California Adventures exclusive land.

Last edited:

JakeDLP

They are already repeating it by placing a pixar show right next to the avenger campus and opposite the land where it should be...
Not quite the same as a whole land being built. the show is isolated in the theatre and can be easily switched out. If anything it would actually make more sense for the Pixar show and mickey and the magician to swap theatres (not that that they would actually bother with that) It's like how there's a lion king show in frontierland, it doesn't really matter.

Sennar

Not quite the same as a whole land being built. the show is isolated in the theatre and can be easily switched out. If anything it would actually make more sense for the Pixar show and mickey and the magician to swap theatres (not that that they would actually bother with that) It's like how there's a lion king show in frontierland, it doesn't really matter.
I don't know if a switch is feasible without incurring large costs. In any case, the distance between "cars quatre roues rallye" and the Road Trip shows that they don't care about having any real consistency...

JakeDLP

I don't know if a switch is feasible without incurring large costs. In any case, the distance between "cars quatre roues rallye" and the Road Trip shows that they don't care about having any real consistency...
I mean yeah the switch would never ever happen. Cars road trip was made with it being temporary in mind whereas Cars Race Rally is permanent given that it had almost a year long refurbishment not that long ago. Cars road trip is just a capacity boost

Supersnow84

WDS is already a thematic mess and always has been, the park hasn’t been thematically consistent since they built ratatouille and before that it was so small as to barely even be considered a Disney park

If anything WDS is worse than DCA because while DCA has long since lost park wide thematic integrity it’s land based integrity is still strong, WDS doesn’t even have that

J4546

Ive never been to DSP, but from what I can see Id take DCA over it. The only major (e ticket) rides DSP has is ToT (smaller version) Rat (many argue not an e ticket) Iron Man Coaster (pretty weak from most accounts) and then the only big exclusive thing is Crush Coaster (seems really legit). In a couple years it will open its 1 more major ride in Frozen land with FEA and I do think its a good ride at Epcot but god damn, they could have done something much better, especially if its headlining an entire land and its in the weakest Disney park in the world..... or at least added another ride like HK frozen land

DCA has Grizzly River (I will admit my bias and say I love this ride) Incredicoaster (theming aside, great classic style coaster) Radiator Springs Racers (Cars land is one of the greatest areas in any park Ive been to and Ive never seen the movies) ToT (I like the retheme but its the same smaller version as DSP) and as for biggish exclusive things it has the Ferris Wheel (most underrated ride seriously) and a few solid none exclusives like TSMM and Soarin (which I love)

Its crazy that with all the work and expansion happening at DPS, its still gonna prob be the worst DIsney park, but at least probably not a BAD park anymore.

As for thematic messes, I still think CA has a very Cali centric theme though forced IP is making it less than ideal. DSP seems like once the new layout/lake pathway are done, the worst part of the park will be that Aladdin/Cars/Crushes Coaster area. I doubt Crush goes anywhere but maybe they could retheme the Spinner and Cars thing into Crush/Nemo/Mermaid aquatic theme that entire area like in TDS I dunno.

Supersnow84

Yeah it’s weird to think that an expansion that adds 3 new lands, rethemes one of Its headliners adds 3(4) new rides still likely will not move it from solidly 12th in most people’s rankings

Depending on what people rank as 11th it might not still even come close to 11th as FEA is a weak anchor for a land so detached from the rest of the park (unlike HK where the land is both a wider extension of fantasyland and also has a second ride to better anchor it) and avengers campus didn’t really bring anything new to the game

JakeDLP

I'm pretty sure the park is thematically organized or certainly in the process of, Worlds of pixar (does what it says on the tin) A series of pixar related mini-lands. I don't get why pixar pier is acceptable but that isn't. The front lot to production courtyard is all Hollywood themed which is set to be reinforced. from there each land is inspired by a specific cinematic universe. the lake promenade works as a transitional area between different worlds. What's so hard to grasp?

Supersnow84

I'm pretty sure the park is thematically organized or certainly in the process of, Worlds of pixar (does what it says on the tin) A series of pixar related mini-lands. I don't get why pixar pier is acceptable but that isn't. The front lot to production courtyard is all Hollywood themed which is set to be reinforced. from there each land is inspired by a specific cinematic universe. the lake promenade works as a transitional area between different worlds. What's so hard to grasp?
Because currently it isn’t like that and most of the lands won’t be terribly effective to move through the lake area, like avengers campus you won’t really move through the lake unless you are only coming from frozen

Plus there is just the problem of like DHS “in the movie” lands don’t really gel with the production concept of the studios park

LondonTom

It's like how there's a lion king show in frontierland, it doesn't really matter.
As cool as the show is....

I don't really like that either and it makes little sense to me 😂 (but hey before that it was Frozen, so apparently who cares 😂)

The Worlds of Pixar vs the New Pixar show I think feels odd, cause they purposefully only just designated Worlds of Pixar, then announced a Pixar show randomly the opposite of the park to it 😂

And as good as Mickey and the Magician is, a new show wouldn't be entirely a bad idea, then all they would have had to do is retheme Alandin's Flying Carpets and you have a really nice transition from Hollywood/Broadway/Production into Worlds of Pixar. (You could have even added the Pixar Campus entrance with Luxo to really indicate you entering the Worlds of Pixar!)

Then you put a new Mickey/General Disney show in Studio Theatre.

Jordan dby

I think the park now can just be seen as an overflow of parc disneyland. If there is a ride they want to build but it wouldn't fit (space or theme) in the big one they just toss it over the fence.

I like DCA. The way the ticketing works in california I rarely get park hoppers, so I'm stuck in DCA for the whole day and it's always good. There are some great things to do in WDS (mickey and the magician, remy, ToT) but we do them then get out - we'd never spend a full day there!

I do think it's a shame though that disney haven't done a universal type studios park. A place for the non disney stuff that they own the IP to, with universal type rides. Commercially I think this would have been a big success too, and harmed their nearest competitor. I think the mentality at disney is just to put mickey everywhere, and that's what has happened here.

wdrive

I can sit with a beer almost anywhere in DCA, most likely anywhere except the Backlot area, and enjoy my surroundings. It has a place and a setting. Most of WDS is still flat plain concrete and pretend studios.

JakeDLP

Because currently it isn’t like that and most of the lands won’t be terribly effective to move through the lake area, like avengers campus you won’t really move through the lake unless you are only coming from frozen

Plus there is just the problem of like DHS “in the movie” lands don’t really gel with the production concept of the studios park
The park will flow from "where the movies are made" to being in the movie after the theater district. Most of the production aspect of the park will be gone other than the entrance plaza which even then will be more about the history of Disney as a company rather than the production aspect

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom