Transformative Multi-Year Expansion Announced for WDS Paris

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Yeah it’s weird to think that an expansion that adds 3 new lands, rethemes one of Its headliners adds 3(4) new rides still likely will not move it from solidly 12th in most people’s rankings
Most people outside these boards don’t even know there’s 12 parks. Joe Public who’s son enjoys Avengers Campus or daughter who likes the Frozen ride will likely think it’s nice. Not to defend the shortcomings of the park mind.

Supersnow84

Any chance Paris might still surprise us with a random second ride in frozen we don’t know about yet or is it way too late for that one

They could have even used the old dumped idea HK had

Supersnow84

Some very rough copy pasting and editing, but the point is made -

What we are getting:
View attachment 722636

What we should have got:
View attachment 722637
(EDIT) Even removing the awful cars road trip would free up for another land
View attachment 722673

The expansion as it stands to open honestly makes no sense to me. I love DLP but the plan (what we know) is just such a disaster.
Also just looking at this is Paris frozen literally just Hong Kong’s frozen land but only the half on the town side of lake, the plans look almost identical

And with all that space

Supersnow84

Way too late. There's no space based on the layout and we would have seen signs of differing construction by now.
About what I assumed, but knowing the map now (which is literally just HK frozen cut in half) is really such a disappointment with how far away it is from the rest of the park and how much the park is going to be trying to lean on it

Supersnow84

is there room for later expansion?
Considering there is land for 3 other full sized lands around the lake I can’t imagine they would be constrained with the size of frozen if it turned out to be a runaway success, as far as I was aware they could expand it on either side

Supersnow84

1CFC8A9D-F867-4349-BFAB-68A6DD881AEE.jpeg
12ED7939-AF9F-4F86-8811-ADEACC08F27B.jpeg

I put this in the HK thread as well but this a direct comparison of the two parks frozen land taking into account the FEA show building for both of them is functionally identical in size

Rush

Hong Kong's land is going to be far more fleshed out, with a more rounded village area and an additional "forest" sub-area housing two attractions.

Supersnow84

not trying to be “pro HK” or “anti Paris” it’s more just if they are going to double the length of the park and put it on the far side of a giant new lake they haven’t really fleshed out what they intend to do with then you’d think they would put in at least as much effort as the HK land (which itself is still only 5 acres)

Would you walk from the front Main Street to the back of fantasyland for a gift shop, a quick service and a D ticket boat ride

Last edited:

Rush

It is on brand with WDS so are we really surprised? 🤭 but in all seriousness, there's heavy rumors that suggest there will be rapid expansions around the lake post 2025 so at least that's good!

Supersnow84

If that plan on the previous page does come to fruition (I know it’s not an official plan) even if all three of the lands are copy’s it will probably make WDS the best second gate outside of TDS based on volume and diversity of attractions

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
not trying to be “pro HK” or “anti Paris” it’s more just if they are going to double the length of the park and put it on the far side of a giant new lake they haven’t really fleshed out what they intend to do with then you’d think they would put in at least as much effort as the HK land (which itself is still only 5 acres)

Would you walk from the front Main Street to the back of fantasyland for a gift shop, a quick service and a D ticket boat ride
In all fairness this wasn’t the plan (which of course they should reinstate asap)

J4546

View attachment 726345View attachment 726346
I put this in the HK thread as well but this a direct comparison of the two parks frozen land taking into account the FEA show building for both of them is functionally identical in size
thanks for making the pics the same size lol

also for what its worth, in Paris they also are using Frozen land to hide the massive backstage docks and the frozen land harbour is actually a pass through area for boats, so I guess that makes things a little harder to do perhaps. Regardless, having 1 ride in a new land thats in the worst disney park and is also on the exact opposite end of the entrance is a questionable choice

Supersnow84

also for what its worth, in Paris they also are using Frozen land to hide the massive backstage docks and the frozen land harbour is actually a pass through area for boats, so I guess that makes things a little harder to do perhaps. Regardless, having 1 ride in a new land thats in the worst disney park and is also on the exact opposite end of the entrance is a questionable choice
Me the mobile idiot who doesn’t know how to change and resize images so they are the same size

Supersnow84

Isn’t the plan to have the docks (if you are facing FEA from the front of the park) behind and to the right (when FEA would better hide it if it was behind and to the left)

Are they planning on using rock work to cover the entire back area wrapping round the lake to where WOSS is at HK or is the land just meant to draw your attention in the other direction

Rush

Keep in mind that we're not looking at a single land opening, but an entire inauguration of WDS 2.0 with a re-done Studio 1 and Theater Distric, the new Promenade, Lake, Frozen land, 2 (possibly 3) rides, 5 dining locations, new entertainment and a nighttime show.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom