Transformative Multi-Year Expansion Announced for WDS Paris

J4546

they should have an entire indoor little mermaid area like tokyo imo. As well as the US parks too, that area looks amazing and gives a great massive covered area when weather gets bad

I hope they have redesigned the Ursula flat ride as from what I remember from the concept art that I saw a few years ago, it did not look great. While Mermaid Lagoon looks definitely beautiful, it would be an error to replicate it in this park, it is not as if we didn't have a Toy StoryLand which has the exact same category of rides, the best would have been to get Prince Eric's castle with a Little Mermaid dark ride, and who knows, anything is possible in the future as Moon Knight said that there was enough space to put a ride between the future quick service food point and the LK land.

What I fear the most after the expansion, Pandora and Lion King included, is that the Castle park will be seen as the park that has all the old attractions. Even if a mini version of Galaxy edge is to happen, I think it is not enough to make that park look young enough for the future guests! I hope they are planning to add more rides or even modernize some like Snow White which has received an incredible update in California.

Sir_Cliff

What I fear the most after the expansion, Pandora and Lion King included, is that the Castle park will be seen as the park that has all the old attractions. Even if a mini version of Galaxy edge is to happen, I think it is not enough to make that park look young enough for the future guests! I hope they are planning to add more rides or even modernize some like Snow White which has received an incredible update in California.
While I also think Parc Disneyland needs updates and investment, I wouldn't worry too much about it falling behind WDS in the estimation of many guests even if all of these additions come to pass. If they keep putting in the time and effort to refresh the park and keep everything working in top order, it will still be far and away the premium experience out of the two parks. They just need to push the Studios up to more of a DCA-level companion that is at least competitive with the original Disneyland for people's time. So far, it still seems like they have a long way to go.

JakeDLP

anyone got pics of the concept for the ursula flat ride?
Can't guarantee that the ride will look anything like this but this is a design

Attachments

• 20230421_181531.jpg
    20230421_181531.jpg
    216.9 KB · Views: 278

Moon knight

* The nightime show will be far more spectacular than any previous Disney show. The TDS Fantasmic floats, purchased by DLP 3 years ago, have been attached to one another as some sort of train... The tech has been improved with retractable LED screens, more fire and water effects, pyro and next-gen drones. Some drones might even be puppets or flying gallons ! The ongoing partnership between DLP and Dronisos will enable them to do wonders and set themselves aprt from the other Disney Parks !

Told you so... ;)

Sam_Sam

I knew that the Frozen area the will not be ready before the end of 2025 or even the beginning of 2026....
Since two weeks it's not the first time we hear someone saying this. If more people acknowledge this info it is not a good sign. Indeed, knowing you will be late this early in the construction would means that they already know they won't be able to caught up. So if it turns out to be true, the delay won't probably be just one or two month.

Sir_Cliff

In my brain, I'm picturing something like Africa at AK...or EPCOT's "Outpost".
I haven't seen the live action Lion King, so it is possible there are people in that version or that animals construct structures, etc.

Thinking about the animated version, though, something like Africa at AK wouldn't really fit within the world of the film as that is a world without humans where animals live within a natural rather than constructed environment. If they are building an "Africa" land with some Lion King attractions, that just sounds a little weird to me and kind of duplicates Adventureland.

Last edited:

Moon knight

Is it accurate ? ;)

Nope, The Lion King themed land will be build where Star Wars was envisioned, you've forgotten most of the kiosks that will be near the Lake, besides the Promenade layout isn't accurate.

Btw, could you please quote the forum in your future tweets when you do reuse some pieces of information that you've found here, it will be greatly appreciated, thank you.

Timothy_Q

A Lion King land doesn't make any sense to me either.

The closest thing we have for a land being entirely "natural" is Pandora, and even that has man made structures everywhere for food, shops, queues, bridges, etc. An entire land with no humans present in the backstory seems really hard to pull off

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom