Transformative Multi-Year Expansion Announced for WDS Paris

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Talking about winter & original park, the whole new area does not seem to have much shelter for days with unpleasant weather conditions. Imagine for a family with small kids having to go back from Frozen land all the way to Studio 1 during a rainstorm in November.
Very true, even with the mandated additional shelter. But that’s symbolic of the design of the whole park.

A few weeks ago we took a tour in Disneyland Parc following the original covered route where guests could get from the Disneyland Hotel all the way to Auberge de Cendrillon without getting wet. How things changed for the park next door. The more I look into the 2002 design - and later additions - the more it’s an eye opener.

Last edited:

montydysquith-navarro

In the Parks
No
Talking about winter & original park, the whole new area does not seem to have much shelter for days with unpleasant weather conditions. Imagine for a family with small kids having to go back from Frozen land all the way to Studio 1 during a rainstorm in November.
I agree. That's why I'm still wondering why a lot of fans want Studio 1 to be demolished entirely. There is already a lack of shaded areas in the park, why even ask to reduce that further?

I still hope that they'll build a properly themed thoroughfare to the lake with closed arcades later on, but Phase 2 never really pans out as planned with Disney. An armchair Imagineer can only dream...

Moon knight

Please explain. I don't understand.
The new exit of Studio 1 (towards the L.A. Broadway area and the rest of the Park) will lead you through a renowned Hollywood Theatre (Pantages or El Capitan), you'll then be leaving the showbuilding by chosing one of the two new exits of its fake ticket lobby in which you'll recognize some WDS attraction posters designed as movie posters. This blog should give you an idea : http://dlpexplorersclub.blogspot.com/2013/05/faux-attraction-posters-vol-2.html

Fun fact the author of this blog is now a DLP imagineer...

So the layout will be quite similar to the Diagon Alley (USF) brick wall entrance since you won't follow a direct path.

In brief,
the tube station = hollywood theatre facade inside Studio 1
brick walls = small theatre lobby
Diagon Alley= L.A. Broadway area

Henry Mystic

Author of "A Manor of Fact"
The new exit of Studio 1 (towards the L.A. Broadway area and the rest of the Park) will lead you through a renowned Hollywood Theatre (Pantages or El Capitan), you'll then be leaving the showbuilding by chosing one of the two new exits of its fake ticket lobby in which you'll recognize some WDS attraction posters designed as movie posters. This blog should give you an idea : http://dlpexplorersclub.blogspot.com/2013/05/faux-attraction-posters-vol-2.html

Fun fact the author of this blog is now a DLP imagineer...

So the layout will be quite similar to the Diagon Alley (USF) brick wall entrance since you won't follow a direct path.

In brief,
the tube station = hollywood theatre facade inside Studio 1
brick walls = small theatre lobby
Diagon Alley= L.A. Broadway area

If that’s actually what they’re doing that would be fantastic. I wasn’t aware of this. Has Disney posted anything official?

mrflo

One of the core issue of this expansion is undeniably the DLP's PR team.

Considering how desperate the DLP PR/Comms team seems to be to sell any little novelty as major news, why would they not share more about the expansion project if they can? Would this not also be a decision made by the DLP Management team when/what to communicate and WDI providing the content to share?

I have also brought up the topic to have something similar like the Blue Sky Cellar for the WDS expansion a few weeks ago. Hence, I am fully onboard with your comments that it would be a good for DLP to share the overall new concept, story & timeline for the WDS expansion.

With all the major leadership changes over the last couple of months (from Disney CEO, to WDI Creative Lead & DLP COO) including major layoffs and budget adjustments could it also be the case that many plans are getting re-evaluated? Bob Iger wants and needs to make major changes to course correct on the creative side of the company. Maybe he was not impressed with what he saw for the WDS expansion plans and has asked to raise the ambition & quality? This is pure speculation. But if it was the case, it would explain the lack of future WDS plans that the team could share last week.

Moon knight

Considering how desperate the DLP PR/Comms team seems to be to sell any little novelty as major news, why would they not share more about the expansion project if they can? Would this not also be a decision made by the DLP Management team when/what to communicate and WDI providing the content to share?
The first concept art of Avengers Campus was released in October 2018 when it could very well have been presented a few months during the general announcement of the expansion plan.

I have also brought up the topic to have something similar like the Blue Sky Cellar for the WDS expansion a few weeks ago. Hence, I am fully onboard with your comments that it would be a good for DLP to share the overall new concept, story & timeline for the WDS expansion.
When 2/3 of this expansion will be essentially a huge tribute to the Walt Disney Animation Studios, it really would have been a no-brainer to use the post-show area as a preview center indeed...

With all the major leadership changes over the last couple of months (from Disney CEO, to WDI Creative Lead & DLP COO) including major layoffs and budget adjustments could it also be the case that many plans are getting re-evaluated? Bob Iger wants and needs to make major changes to course correct on the creative side of the company. Maybe he was not impressed with what he saw for the WDS expansion plans and has asked to raise the ambition & quality? This is pure speculation. But if it was the case, it would explain the lack of future WDS plans that the team could share last week.
Everything that could be re-evaluated in this project already had been at the time of his visit like a month or so prior...

Last edited:

Moon knight

I knew that the Frozen area the will not be ready before the end of 2025 or even the beginning of 2026....
ughhh I think everything will be ready by june/july 2025 : Theater District and Studio 1, the Lake Promenade, the daytime parade, the Summer Pavillon (Art Nouveau Table service restaurant), the quintet of jazz musicians in front of the Tower of Terror, the Ursula and Rapunzel flat rides, the Toy Story Playland new entrance, the British garden and its show, the Eastern Pavillon, Frozen Ever After and the new nighttime show.

Timothy_Q

ughhh I think everything will be ready by june/july 2025 : Theater District and Studio 1, the Lake Promenade, the daytime parade, the Summer Pavillon (Art Nouveau Table service restaurant), the quintet of jazz musicians in front of the Tower of Terror, the Ursula and Rapunzel flat rides, the Toy Story Playland new entrance, the British garden and its show, the Eastern Pavillon, Frozen Ever After and the new nighttime show.
Any idea where the Ursula flat ride would go?

Hopefully once these 2 spinners are open they can finally remove the carpets and redo that corner
That corner will become the new ugliest part of the park once everything else is done

dreamersnight

ughhh I think everything will be ready by june/july 2025 : Theater District and Studio 1, the Lake Promenade, the daytime parade, the Summer Pavillon (Art Nouveau Table service restaurant), the quintet of jazz musicians in front of the Tower of Terror, the Ursula and Rapunzel flat rides, the Toy Story Playland new entrance, the British garden and its show, the Eastern Pavillon,e Frozen Ever After and the new nighttime show.
wired. We told me (from a guy working on the Frozen site) that the land and the lake area will open later due to issues regarding material supplies. The third area based on the Lion King will not open in 2027 or 2028 but later too, sadly

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom