Transformative Multi-Year Expansion Announced for WDS Paris

Toni25

Looks like they are painting Tower of Terror, right? Either way, still looks really good!
Not sure if that's just a model rendering thing or a fact...but I have said this a few years ago, going for a more glamorous look wouldn't be a bad idea. It doesn't have to be dilapidated to feel scary/haunted (eg: Tokyo). I know that it wouldn't fit the Twilight Zone storyline without that thunder struck effect, but considering it's a main icon of the park, maybe the "story" could be twisted to have the outside of the Hotel look like in it's glory days.

J4546

As much as I will get hate, I wouldnt mid it ToT was rethemed to perhaps Dr Strange Sanctorum. Give it a lot of kirby krackle effects in the ground around it so it looks like its been teleported to that area like the Collectors wharehouse in DCA.

MatheusPG

Did someone talk about this? If this is true, then the rumors of adding just Rise of The Resistance could be true, which in my opinion would be better than at the Studios, especially since they could add Star Tours to Star Wars Land and that ride is really great, much better than MF.

Sir_Cliff

Did someone talk about this? If this is true, then the rumors of adding just Rise of The Resistance could be true, which in my opinion would be better than at the Studios, especially since they could add Star Tours to Star Wars Land and that ride is really great, much better than MF.

In all honesty, that rendering of a Star Wars land attached to Discoveryland actually looks pretty amazing! It does kind of make Discoveryland almost an entire park in and of itself which seems a little unbalanced. On the other hand, it's not like all the other lands don't have headliners to draw people away. The main issue for me is that it makes WDS even less appealing compared to Disneyland even after all of the new additions.

As for the renderings of the theatre district, the new trees and paving looks nice. Nothing revolutionary, but better than nothing.

Indy_UK

I mean… I am here for it but my head can’t get around the idea of a smaller Galaxy’s Edge being on the back of Discoveryland.

rickreptile

I have seen a post from Disneyland Works on twitter(i'm sorry i don't have twitter and don't know how it all works) mentioning the image on the tablet is a fake. Seems the person tried it before with the exact image.

Sir_Cliff

I have seen a post from Disneyland Works on twitter(i'm sorry i don't have twitter and don't know how it all works) mentioning the image on the tablet is a fake. Seems the person tried it before with the exact image.
That makes sense. The rumours about a mini-Star Wars land coming off Discoveryland didn't suggest such a direct lift from Galaxy's Edge.

Henry Mystic

Author of "A Manor of Fact"
That makes sense. The rumours about a mini-Star Wars land coming off Discoveryland didn't suggest such a direct lift from Galaxy's Edge.
I always thought it would make sense to clone Rise as a Rebel/Empire version, perhaps with just the cantina and a couple of shops as Star Wars isn't quite as popular in Europe (outside of England). Then at WDS add Pandora.

Sir_Cliff

I always thought it would make sense to clone Rise as a Rebel/Empire version, perhaps with just the cantina and a couple of shops as Star Wars isn't quite as popular in Europe (outside of England). Then at WDS add Pandora.
This comment led me to look up the most successful films in France of all time, which led me to this wikipedia page: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_highest-grossing_films_in_France

What is fascinating is how many Disney films are on the list and, not that I want to start any rumours about the next land to appear around the lake at WDS, but it turns out that the animated Robin Hood sold more tickets than Frozen or Frozen II...

Animaniac93-98

This comment led me to look up the most successful films in France of all time, which led me to this wikipedia page: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_highest-grossing_films_in_France

What is fascinating is how many Disney films are on the list and, not that I want to start any rumours about the next land to appear around the lake at WDS, but it turns out that the animated Robin Hood sold more tickets than Frozen or Frozen II...

Top 5 Disney animated films on the list:

Snow White
Jungle Book
101 Dalmatians
Cinderella
The AristoCats

Only one has an attraction at DLP, and one a restaurant.

Also note how The Rescuers is #83, selling more tickets than the likes of Avengers Endgame and Return of the Jedi. Reissues really worked!

Henry Mystic

While I appreciate more trees and better pavement, new facades on par with MGM-Studios' Blvds is still my dream for this park.
Yeah it takes WDS from a disgraceful stain on the company to perfectly fine and nothing more. Though, the worst offender now in the park is the area around Crush’s Coaster. It needs to become a Finding Nemo mini-land ASAP.

It’s even more remarkable considering the park next door is the prettiest castle park in the world by a mile.

cjkeating

Yeah it takes WDS from a disgraceful stain on the company to perfectly fine and nothing more. Though, the worst offender now in the park is the area around Crush’s Coaster. It needs to become a Finding Nemo mini-land ASAP.

It’s even more remarkable considering the park next door is the prettiest castle park in the world by a mile.
After all the WDSP 2.0 works are done I think the biggest blight on this park will be the Crush's Coaster "blue soundstage"... in my opinion Crush's Coaster needs to be removed and replaced with a properly themed, higher capacity, Disney Parks specification coaster, the Flying Carpets land could be utilised for this too.

cjkeating

Saw all those pics on OutsidEars. Theater district sounds a bit pretentious for what it is?
New trees and floors...a nice addition, but the facades? Aren't they a bit lacking? Once again it seems like the bare minimum is being done. Is this supposed to be a longer project that expands over several years to develop the facades?
I assume the Outsidears renders were done from blueprints so some liberty may have been taken with thematic finishes and non-structural assets could be missing. Great to have these renders though as they'll show way more detail than any Disney concept art.

If we are lucky this redevelopment will be officially announced tomorrow.

Henry Mystic

After all the WDSP 2.0 works are done I think the biggest blight on this park will be the Crush's Coaster "blue soundstage"... in my opinion Crush's Coaster needs to be removed and replaced with a properly themed, higher capacity, Disney Parks specification coaster, the Flying Carpets land could be utilised for this too.
Or they could go the easier route and just make the exterior look like an aquarium, throw in a water feature, and get rid of the Magic Carpets & Cars Race Rally...

Toni25

I followed the discussion and the person defended themselves and they just reposted again the same photo, not necessarily "trying it again". Ally (apparently a reliable insider) also talked about the possibility of the photo being real.
But anyway, real or not, it doesn't mean much...it's just a model, it could change anytime, it doesn't mean a version of Galaxys Edge is necessarily going there, just that they consider a Stars Wars Land next to Discoveryland.
If I remember correctly, I've read years ago that they have been considering it for many years even before the WDSP expansion. Then they decided to put it around the lake. Now they might be reconsidering again. I'd take it with a grain of salt, but speculation is fun & entertaining nonetheless. I haven't been this excited on the forum for the past 2 years as I am now.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom