Transformative Multi-Year Expansion Announced for WDS Paris

G.L.A.D.I.O

2nd hint :
IMG-20211027-WA0002.jpg

montydysquith-navarro

In the Parks
No
Sounds like the Tangled-themed tea cups ride we’ve been hearing rumours for months now...
(Light-German = Tangled and Tea = tea cups)
I also had Tangled in mind as well (Compass/Guide + Walking + German "T(ea)")! Though, I feel that when this is confirmed at D23 or something, there'll be a lot of comparisons of quality between WDSP's expansion and Tokyo DisneySea's since they'll both have Tangled-related offerings (one's a dark ride, another's a tea-cup spinner)...

britain

I also had Tangled in mind as well (Compass/Guide + Walking + German "T(ea)")! Though, I feel that when this is confirmed at D23 or something, there'll be a lot of comparisons of quality between WDSP's expansion and Tokyo DisneySea's since they'll both have Tangled-related offerings (one's a dark ride, another's a tea-cup spinner)...

And WDW’s got bathrooms.

G.L.A.D.I.O

WDS and TDS are chalk and cheese—one will be a mediocre expansion and the other a super detailed and immersive one.

Disstevefan1

It's super important TWDC spend the money to expand Disneyland Paris, in fact I think they should keep the dirt piles and the wall up in EPCOT. It does keep with Walt's idea about Disneyland will never be finished...

Consider this, the current dirt piles in EPCOT that have been there so long trees are going out of them, is in the Nature neighborhood, so the dirt piles do work well.

Sir_Cliff

It's super important TWDC spend the money to expand Disneyland Paris, in fact I think they should keep the dirt piles and the wall up in EPCOT. It does keep with Walt's idea about Disneyland will never be finished...

Consider this, the current dirt piles in EPCOT that have been there so long trees are going out of them, is in the Nature neighborhood, so the dirt piles do work well.
If they cancel the expansion at Disneyland Paris, they're not finishing up things at Epcot any quicker nor splashing around more money on new additions. They didn't take that money away from WDW in the first place, either.

The French aren't destroying Disney World, don't worry.

cookiee_munster

Other way around. In theory.
Interesting! I'm glad that Rise will be built instead. Seems like a far superior experience compared to Smugglers Run. What'll be intriguing is the language barrier and how they get around that. There's lots of cast interaction throughout the attraction, what with the park being a little more diverse in regard to the nationality of guests. Some attractions tend to go from French to English narration throughout. So it'll be intriguing to see how they tackle that on Rise.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Interesting! I'm glad that Rise will be built instead. Seems like a far superior experience compared to Smugglers Run. What'll be intriguing is the language barrier and how they get around that. There's lots of cast interaction throughout the attraction, what with the park being a little more diverse in regard to the nationality of guests. Some attractions tend to go from French to English narration throughout. So it'll be intriguing to see how they tackle that on Rise.
Exactly. For something like Big Bird the language issue would be hard to make work with potentially six different languages needed at once for an attraction where the narration is needed to be understood. Rise works like any other narrated attraction - and a dual narration would be easy to implement.

Plus yes, Rise is the better experience. IMHO.

Robbiem

Does anyone know what filing for permit actually means? Is it a sign of construction being imminent or is it a much earlier planning thing outlining the intention to build something?

Disstevefan1

If they cancel the expansion at Disneyland Paris, they're not finishing up things at Epcot any quicker nor splashing around more money on new additions. They didn't take that money away from WDW in the first place, either.

The French aren't destroying Disney World, don't worry.
Who is talking about the French? Not me. I don’t think the French care about Disneyland Paris or WDW.

As for destruction, EPCOT has been looking pretty destroyed for a while now. the French had nothing to do with that.

It’s too bad TWDC drags their feet on some projects while moving forward with others… Oh yea, I forgot, folks will come, walls, dirt piles and all.

fradz

I will stay polite but the ignorance in this comment is baffling. Do you really think the Paris resort has ever been privileged over the domestic ones? The main gate hasn't seen an additional ride since 1995. 26 years ago.

Disstevefan1

I will stay polite but the ignorance in this comment is baffling. Do you really think the Paris resort has ever been privileged over the domestic ones? The main gate hasn't seen an additional ride since 1995. 26 years ago.
This has nothing to do with privilege, but thanks for your comment on my post.

This has to do with TWDC dragging its feet on work still in progress while at the same time planning new work.

It’s unclear how much longer the dirt piles and walls will be in EPCOT.
How many more years will the WDW RR be down?

Oh, yea, I forgot, no RR, walls and dirt pikes, folks will go to WDW anyway.

fradz

This has nothing to do with privilege, but thanks for your comment on my post.

This has to do with TWDC dragging its feet on work still in progress while at the same time planning new work.

It’s unclear how much longer the dirt piles and walls will be in EPCOT.
How many more years will the WDW RR be down?

Oh, yea, I forgot, no RR, walls and dirt pikes, folks will go to WDW anyway.
... And? This is the Paris subforum. Workers in Orlando are not the workers in Paris. You can start multiple projects at once. Why are you even bringing EPCOT or MK in this thread

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom