Transformative Multi-Year Expansion Announced for WDS Paris

Disstevefan1

... And? This is the Paris subforum. Workers in Orlando are not the workers in Paris. You can start multiple projects at once. Why are you even bringing EPCOT or MK in this thread
Ok, ok…. I apologize.

Folks are so touchy that I acknowledge that DLP is gonna get work done while EPCOT is seemingly at a standstill.

My thoughts were directed to TWDC, not to the DLP fan base.

You would think a gripe about TWDC would be fair game in any thread on the Unofficial Walt Disney World discussion forums. I guess not.

I guess I should email TWDC directly. Naaaa, they will immediately delete my email.

Good luck with DLP.

I will be over in Orlando staring at dirt and walls…. 😉

Sir_Cliff

Ok, ok…. I apologize.

Folks are so touchy that I acknowledge that DLP is gonna get work done while EPCOT is seemingly at a standstill.

My thoughts were directed to TWDC, not to the DLP fan base.

You would think a gripe about TWDC would be fair game in any thread on the Unofficial Walt Disney World discussion forums. I guess not.

I guess I should email TWDC directly. Naaaa, they will immediately delete my email.

Good luck with DLP.

I will be over in Orlando staring at dirt and walls…. 😉
Enjoy!

If you get bored of that, you can come and stare at dirt and walls in Paris. I guess I can understand your frustration that all other projects across the parks from Paris to Shanghai haven't come to a grinding halt until Epcot is finished, but it might make you feel better to know that this rumour about permits being filed for an expansion announced several years ago that doesn't seem to have even started construction doesn't mean it's going to open before all the Epcot projects.

walt-e

This discussion is getting pretty intense based on a false piece of information (shared by a young french « fan » who likes to share false piece of information for whatever reason)... No permits have been filed for the Star Wars area which, based on the latest rumours, shouldn’t open before 2026 at the very earliest... And Epcot is not the only park with a huge pile of dirt since Frozen construction site has been left empty since March 2020 while work only began in January of the same year and isn’t expected to resume before next year... Really, there’s nothing to be jealous of!

Disstevefan1

Enjoy!

If you get bored of that, you can come and stare at dirt and walls in Paris. I guess I can understand your frustration that all other projects across the parks from Paris to Shanghai haven't come to a grinding halt until Epcot is finished, but it might make you feel better to know that this rumour about permits being filed for an expansion announced several years ago that doesn't seem to have even started construction doesn't mean it's going to open before all the Epcot projects.
Nothing would surprise me. As a safeguard, I am keeping expectations low for all projects at WDW.

ToTBellHop

Other way around. In theory.
It will be interesting to see if they still build the Falcon prop. While the ride may be a bit lacking, the prop is iconic. Of course, it would be silly to build it in front of nothing. Maybe they could make the physical structure a walkthrough like the Nautilus.

UNCgolf

It will be interesting to see if they still build the Falcon prop. While the ride may be a bit lacking, the prop is iconic. Of course, it would be silly to build it in front of nothing. Maybe they could make the physical structure a walkthrough like the Nautilus.

That's what they should have done at Galaxy's Edge anyways. It's the only interesting thing about Smuggler's Run, and then they could have built a different attraction that wasn't just a bad video game in a cool "vehicle".

Robbiem

That's what they should have done at Galaxy's Edge anyways. It's the only interesting thing about Smuggler's Run, and then they could have built a different attraction that wasn't just a bad video game in a cool "vehicle".
I agree a walkthrough falcon would have been a great smaller attraction with smugglers run replaced by a different attraction. I’d love to ride a speeder attraction or fly like a mandalorian

IMDREW

FEpOJUoXMAAq2d_-2.jpeg

Too bad DLP isn't getting the coaster as well. I know it won't be anything mind blowing, but it makes the land feel complete imo.

UNCgolf

Too bad it’s not getting the coaster full stop as opposed to a copy of a shoehorned ride squeezed into somewhere built for something else over a quarter century ago.

I've known about this for over a year and I still can't get over how dumb it is.

Frozen Ever After was a quick retheme done on the cheap (relatively speaking; the AAs are nice but the rest of the ride is barren) to get Frozen into the parks. It has a tiny capacity, barely even makes sense, and is just not a very good ride.

The fact that they are cloning it elsewhere instead of building something that's actually befitting one of their biggest movies ever is quite the indictment on current Disney thinking/management.

Last edited:

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I've known about this for over a year and I still can't get over how dumb it is.

Frozen Ever After was a quick retheme done on the cheap (relatively speaking; the AAs are nice but the rest of the ride is barren) to get Frozen into the parks. It's not a good ride, it barely even makes sense, and it has a tiny capacity.

The fact that they are just cloning it elsewhere instead of building something that's actually befitting one of their biggest movies ever is quite the indictment on current Disney thinking/management.
Sadly it’s one of those parts of Burbank that’s infecting Paris.

LondonTom

So far as I know the falcon prop wasn’t planned.
That seems like such a big oversight? But not entirely surprising with how Disney treats Star Wars, the falcon really adds a bit of wow/iconic star wars to an otherwise semi barren land.

By the time they are actually ready to start, maybe they will change their minds on a mini Galaxy's Edge and give us the Mandalorian era land we need 😂

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
That seems like such a big oversight? But not entirely surprising with how Disney treats Star Wars, the falcon really adds a bit of wow/iconic star wars to an otherwise semi barren land.

By the time they are actually ready to start, maybe they will change their minds on a mini Galaxy's Edge and give us the Mandalorian era land we need 😂
It’s iconic but the thinking is no falcon attraction no prop I guess.

fradz

Since nothing is moving, some French fans like to speculate about what could have been in a dream world! Fun little map by a French CM, obviously purely fictional, but I liked the drawing so I thought I'd share:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom