Transformative Multi-Year Expansion Announced for WDS Paris

LondonTom

I kind of like the aesthetic of Studio 1 actually! I mean for what its trying to do, and the budget they had, I think its ok.

I'd just like to add another proper through fare to the rest of the park, to avoid some of the crowding espeacially at park open/when the studio band is playing (and maybe the sets should be ...more proper like you are in the movies by the time you get to the end of it? ).

yensidtlaw1969

BVS wouldn’t work under the artificial lighting. Studio one “works“ since its a false environment under false lighting. Besides, BVS isn’t that amazing.

The added searchlights on the roof of S1 are a nice touch.
I have to agree that Buena Vista Street was totally underwhelming to me. The idea of making the DCA equivalent to Main Street should have been an easy home run. Instead it doesn't even live up to Hollywood Boulevard at DHS, a similar concept that's 20+ years its senior.

Studio One at least gave me some nice Great Movie Ride-style vibes.

UNCgolf

I have to agree that Buena Vista Street was totally underwhelming to me. The idea of making the DCA equivalent to Main Street should have been an easy home run. Instead it doesn't even live up to Hollywood Boulevard at DHS, a similar concept that's 20+ years its senior.

Studio One at least gave me some nice Great Movie Ride-style vibes.

Hollywood Boulevard was close to perfect in the early days of Disney-MGM; they should have just copied it.

UNCgolf

I’m shocked they didn’t. Even Disney seems to understand that the front of DHS still works and they’ve left it alone.

Yeah. They've butchered the interiors to an extent -- losing Sid Cahuenga's was a real blow to the park, and of course the shops have fallen victim in general to the same unthemed generic merchandise that Disney is selling everywhere -- but it still works.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
And yet they have not fixed this issue in nearly 20 years.
The bobs are to blame for that.

I think the thing I’m looking forward to most in the revamp is more physical walking space. What’s been announced is good but not nearly as much as is needed. If we get Rise there’s a net gain of one attraction. And hopefully a night show of course.

sedati

The bobs are to blame for that.
Iger spent an astounding amount of his park budget on renovations and redos. There's also been a tremendous focus on infrastructure. Still, never enough, but imagine if out the gate the focus was more on the new that rectifying errors. Epcot is still a mess, but I stress the word still as it was an inherited mess.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Iger spent an astounding amount of his park budget on renovations and redos. There's also been a tremendous focus on infrastructure. Still, never enough, but imagine if out the gate the focus was more on the new that rectifying errors. Epcot is still a mess, but I stress the word still as it was an inherited mess.
Eisners final legacy are DCA, WDSP and HKDL. Bob 1 had his work cut out. Bob 2 still does (in more ways than one)

sedati

Eisners final legacy are DCA, WDSP and HKDL. Bob 1 had his work cut out. Bob 2 still does (in more ways than one)
But beyond that, the amount of reforms that went on at Disneyland for its 50th were astounding, and went far beyond paint. Also look at the ongoing upkeep to restore DLP.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
But beyond that, the amount of reforms that went on at Disneyland for its 50th were astounding, and went far beyond paint. Also look at the ongoing upkeep to restore DLP.
I’m not denying that. Aside from Space Mountain.

I’ve also said TWDC owning DLP just before covid possibly saved the resort. Thankfully Paris still has enough autonomy for now to do things mostly their way.

lazyboy97o

It’s not enough because the renovations and redos are a bunch of extra frosting but no real cake. They flashing but lacking in substance, fail at basics and will be even more expensive to fix.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member

DL's 50th was Ouimet and Harris, no one else. A rare bright spot in Eisner's final years.

One would think he learned a lesson from rushing MGM, but WDSP shows the lesson was not learned.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom