Transformative Multi-Year Expansion Announced for WDS Paris

BrianLo

Perhaps it's just me, but the one-two punch of the new expansion not opening until 2026 and Lion King Land being the project coming afterwards has kind of deflated my interest all of these developments for the moment. After all these years of watching this construction crawl along, we have more than another year to go of watching it crawl toward completion. The payoff also doesn't seem that great considering an even larger Frozen land has been open at Hong Kong Disneyland since 2023 and the centrepiece of the land is a ride that has been open since 2016 at Epcot. It's hard to see how they really hype this when it does finally open.

Between all that and the plans to fill in Rivers of America to stick Cars into the middle of Frontierland and Liberty Square at Magic Kingdom, this D23 more generally left me feeling a bit disinterested in the direction of the parks. I'm kind of curious to know if it's just me, but I just came across some construction pics from "Disney Adventure World" on Twitter/X and was struck by how disinterested I was in even clicking on them.

I remain relatively disinterested in Paris, but positive on the US. DCA in particular. Paris remains the short end of the stick.

If anything, the US parks construction will be more interesting to watch from a controversial lens. Erecting a clone of a clone in a field isn't currently doing it for me either.

Gusey

Whilst it isn't new, Frozen Ever After will be Disney Adventure World's 1st boat ride, 2nd dark ride, and 1st attraction with more than one audio animatronic. This phase definitely seems to be more a staging phase by adding Frozen at the back of the lake, effectively creating multiple expansion plots they could use in the future that were previously hard to access

jmuboy

Absolutely random thought. But at DCA is believed the backlot ( and thus the MONSTERS INC ride ) will be going away. What’s the opinion on bringing this over to DAW as an added dark ride to the Pixar area. It’s no E ticket but it’s decent dark ride that would be a shane just to trash.

Loose Pebble

Absolutely random thought. But at DCA is believed the backlot ( and thus the MONSTERS INC ride ) will be going away. What’s the opinion on bringing this over to DAW as an added dark ride to the Pixar area. It’s no E ticket but it’s decent dark ride that would be a shane just to trash.
I imagine they'll find some way to repurpose the animatronics, but idk how they would bring everything else over to another park, especially considering how far away Paris is from Anaheim.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom