Transformative Multi-Year Expansion Announced for WDS Paris

Supersnow84

Keep in that we're not looking at a single land opening, but an entire inauguration of WDS 2.0 with a re-done Studio 1 and Theater Distric, the new Promenade, Lake, Frozen land, 2 (possibly 3) rides, 5 dining locations, new entertainment and a nighttime show.
Which I mean still basically amounts to a large land since all of that besides studio one is just on the lake or has already debuted it just hasn’t be officially launched

The studio one overhaul is years overdue regardless, really the big thing left is the lake and the lake side dining + arendelle

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Which I mean still basically amounts to a large land since all of that besides studio one is just on the lake or has already debuted it just hasn’t be officially launched

The studio one overhaul is years overdue regardless, really the big thing left is the lake and the lake side dining + arendelle
They haven’t torn up the area between Studio One, Tower and Studio D yet.

cjkeating

I guess hope springs eternal, but I will believe that when I see it. They're not exactly rushing to finish the first phase.
Keep in mind how projects are phased. The heavy consultation workers which have the most to do in Frozen and the lake area will move towards the front of the park as the other disciplines move in (electricians, plumbing then finally set installation, painters etc) and then these disciplines “catch up” towards the smaller projects (Tangled, restaurant, English gardens) as less time is required to complete them.

I know gantt charts aren’t exciting but it’s how’s all projects are planned.

Supersnow84

So for fear of reading through the 174 pages .... what is it we are actually getting?

I sense the tone is a tad disappointing from some posters.
Not including what’s already open

-refurbed studio 1 and theatre district
-lakeside promenade and nighttime show (maybe)
-frozen Land half the size of the HK land

What’s already open
-avengers campus
-cars ride

DonniePeverley

Not including what’s already open

-refurbed studio 1 and theatre district
-lakeside promenade and nighttime show (maybe)
-frozen Land half the size of the HK land

What’s already open
-avengers campus
-cars ride

That's the sum of all the expansion ?

Blimey ... disappointing is not a strong enough word. And we wasted 174 pages on all of this.

Supersnow84

That's the sum of all the expansion ?

Blimey ... disappointing is not a strong enough word. And we wasted 174 pages on all of this.
I can at least understand this expansion is more of a transformative tool, the lake is supposed to become the new centre of the park and they can expand into new lands from there without having the slightly wonky arrangement of the front half of the park get in the way

It’s like a rebirth expansion but they kinda have only put in the bare minimum to make the current expansion worth it

So it’s kinda changed the park from “actively bad” to “tolerable 3/4 day park with a good future if they deliver” which I mean is a massive improvement for WDS

Sir_Cliff

Everything's disappointing to you.
winnie the pooh christmas GIF

Supersnow84

WDS was just that bad at launch that it would take more money than Disney reasonably has to fix it in one shot, it does make the current expansion come off as not the best though

Supersnow84

Oh, they can afford it now if they wanted to. But attendance says they don’t have to yet.
Disney is probably the only park chain that I think more often than not will expand a park even if the attendance doesn’t warrant it because of the brand maintenance (explains HK and almost all the second gates except TDS which doesn’t count anyway)

I do think Disney would be hard pressed to afford the 2030 vision of WDS right now especially with the expansions going on at 4 other resorts (only DLR is kinda stable right now) but it doesn’t really have to because people will still flock to the half finished expansion because it’s still a drastic improvement on old WDS

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Disney is probably the only park chain that I think more often than not will expand a park even if the attendance doesn’t warrant it because of the brand maintenance (explains HK and almost all the second gates except TDS which doesn’t count anyway)

I do think Disney would be hard pressed to afford the 2030 vision of WDS right now especially with the expansions going on at 4 other resorts (only DLR is kinda stable right now) but it doesn’t really have to because people will still flock to the half finished expansion because it’s still a drastic improvement on old WDS
They have the money. They don’t have the resources currently. Not that something already planned needs more R&D mind.

To be quite honest just turning the lasers on in FF would be a good day for WDSP for now.

Supersnow84

They have the money. They don’t have the resources currently. Not that something already planned needs more R&D mind.

To be quite honest just turning the lasers on in FF would be a good day for WDSP for now.
Yeah fair the problem is more resources, I just kinda lump “resources” in as money, so actual cash, workers and resources all together

There is little that wouldn’t improve WDS right now with how comically bad the park is right now

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Yeah fair the problem is more resources, I just kinda lump “resources” in as money, so actual cash, workers and resources all together

There is little that wouldn’t improve WDS right now with how comically bad the park is right now
Is it wrong to be marginally happy that it’s “not as bad as it was” ?

cjkeating

This will shock you but I took a group of three adults who’d never been to Disney before and we did our first day at DL Park and the second day at WDSP. We did every ride, every show, witnessed the streetmosphere, ate at Remy’s, snacked at the Christmas market stalls and saw the drone show…. Guess which park they preferred? WDSP!

They said it felt more modern, was easier to navigate, less walking, more thrilling, more relaxed.

I obviously don’t agree but I think for people who are first time visitors or just like to pick and choose attractions based on relevancy to them and what they perceive as Disney they don’t see all the flaws fans do and enjoy WDSP.

Kev1982

This will shock you but I took a group of three adults who’d never been to Disney before and we did our first day at DL Park and the second day at WDSP. We did every ride, every show, witnessed the streetmosphere, ate at Remy’s, snacked at the Christmas market stalls and saw the drone show…. Guess which park they preferred? WDSP!

They said it felt more modern, was easier to navigate, less walking, more thrilling, more relaxed.

I obviously don’t agree but I think for people who are first time visitors or just like to pick and choose attractions based on relevancy to them and what they perceive as Disney they don’t see all the flaws fans do and enjoy WDSP.
I think for most people, they go to Disney to see Disney. Point.
While i really appreciate the themes and placemakings, more than the rides I can understand it

Supersnow84

I’m not gonna berate another’s opinion but WDS problems to me don’t really stem from it being a bad Disney park, it stems from just being a bad park in general

It has what…. 11 rides total if you count all three of its TSL rides individually, there are regional theme parks in far flung places like Australia with a better lineup than WDS, it’s streetscape is fine I guess, the right side of the park is definitely better on this front but I’m neither here nor there on it (though given Disneyland Paris’s main advantage over the other 5 is it is probably the most beautiful of the magic kingdoms so it has stiff competition), I feel it also strongly suffers from being a second gate, like most second gates do

In everything else it’s just kinda……there, it really doesn’t have a theme anymore (unless you count dumping ground for IP’s that don’t fit in Disneyland parc as a theme)

Just in general the park is unbalanced and messy, though that’s just my opinion

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom