Transformative Multi-Year Expansion Announced for WDS Paris

Moon knight

Glad to see that my very knowledgeable friend Ally confirms what I have been able to tell you since my return on the forum. The future of DLP is promising ! ;)

* The 2nd flat ride of the gardens wil be once again unique to Paris, it was initially designed for DCA and it's NOT a carroussel. I'll let Ally keep the exclusivity on this one so I won't spill the beans.

* The speeder-bike coaster would be, as I previously stated, the main E-ticket of this potential new themed area, so it won't be part of Discoveryland apparently. Hopefully they'll end up building a Mandalorian D-ticket ride along with it. Think about Hagrid's Motorbike Adventure ride but with Star Wars theming and some clever tricks to hide the tracks... Imagine yourself going to Star Tours and then disembarking from the Starspeeder in Discoveryland or on another planet, way more alive than the US Galaxy's Edges thanks to the speeder-bikes zooming sounds ! There still a long way to go before any of this is greenlit though...

* The Lion King ride couldn't have fit the Adventureland theme, believe me. Paris version of Adventureland is all about European's curiosity for numerous exotic regions of the world. We thus encounter Pirates, Archeologists, Genies and so on but we shouldn't be discovering that Lions are talking about kingdoms, succession or thrones. The Lion King has set a world for itself, in which not a single human being seems to live. Moreover, the African area of the land isn't big enough for the magnitude of a water based attraction showbuilding. Let Moana and the Jungle Book benefit from those expansion pads !

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I believe the second flat ride is about the little mermaid, an Ursula based attraction.
1679009038921.png

IMDREW

Please not the ursula spinner! Imagine a giant ursula sticking out over there.

Lion king sounds fine. Can’t imagine them developing that ride without having plans to copy it to DAK.

Keep star wars around star tours. Great plan.

Greatest news out of all this is space returning to Jules Verne.

mrflo

A SW speeder bike ride like Hagrid's sounds great. I absolutely love that ride and it would bring much needed kinetic energy to a SW area. However, Hagrid's is also said to be the most expensive coaster in the world (USD 300 Mio). I doubt that Disney would be able to cut those costs significantly if we are expecting a similar scale and quality.

Talking about quality - if the Lion King ride plans were created over the last 2-3 years wouldn't this mean it was designed with the same mindset or people as for recent rides like Flight Force or Cars Road Trip? I don't know and can only guess what Bob Iger's impression of Flight Force was. But in his position I would have each active WDI project reviewed to see if it meets the Disney standards. WDS does not need another gamble at this stage and deserves an impressive e-ticket ride. Fingers crossed that the LK will deliver that. Choosing proven attractions like FoP or RotR would be still the safer option.

mrflo

I rediscovered this article by Disney and more published in 2014 about what the next couple of years of DLP would potentially look like: All About Disneyland Paris Future (2014)

It's nice to see how some of those plans/rumours back then actually became reality - especially around the refurbishments and updates to the classic attractions (project sparkle). Otherwise it's also a bit of a Déjà-vu with many of those in 2014 mentioned plans - like Pandora, SW in Discoveryland, Frontlot & Studio 1 updates, etc. - still or again being rumoured for the next couple of years.

mrflo

Some initial plans had a new hotel planned behind the coaster building of Flight Force and next to the land initially supposed to be for SW:GE. I assume that the Star Wars hotel was at least considered for DLP as well and could have fit at that location.

With the plans for SW:GE changed, would you still like to see a new hotel at that location that could fit with of the Studio's themed lands at some point? Maybe some altered Animal Kingdom Lodge style hotel to fit with the potential Lion King mini-land?

I personally would prefer DLP to focus on new attractions first. But I like the idea of having at least the option/land to build a new hotel that could connect to the Studios.

wdrive

Some initial plans had a new hotel planned behind the coaster building of Flight Force and next to the land initially supposed to be for SW:GE. I assume that the Star Wars hotel was at least considered for DLP as well and could have fit at that location.

With the plans for SW:GE changed, would you still like to see a new hotel at that location that could fit with of the Studio's themed lands at some point? Maybe some altered Animal Kingdom Lodge style hotel to fit with the potential Lion King mini-land?

I personally would prefer DLP to focus on new attractions first. But I like the idea of having at least the option/land to build a new hotel that could connect to the Studios.

I’d rather they built a new hotel on the lake plot first.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom