trams from the parking lots

Club Cooloholic

That’s one of the benefits of staying on Disney Property. No walking to the parking lot, then fighting traffic getting back to an offsite hotel. You kinda know going in that there will be a lot of walking. You don’t realize how much unless you use a fitness tracker. Then when you check it out at the end of the day, you’re like WHAT!!
That's the thing though. People do realize that if you are staying at say the Boardwalk, it will be a 15 min walk back to your room from the exit at Epcot(or less time or more based on each person's walking speed). 15 to the car isn't awful especially if they started timing from when they got off the monorail, it's not like the tram is right at the bottom of the ramp nor does it show up right on time.

Last edited:

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
15 minute walk! Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!
That 15 minute walk is absolutely gruesome in the August heat after spending an entire day at Magic Kingdom. - And I'm 22 in physically good health.

Absolutely the worst experience I ever had at WDW, to be honest. I can't imagine what it's like for those who walk slow, have bad knees, or a disability... Pushing a wheelchair, ect. It's probably not that bad when the weather is fine but good god try it out in August.

Last edited by a moderator:

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
IMO that's not what it was about at all. It was and still is about social distancing. Hard to do on a tram.
I'm tired of this argument. No it wasn't. It's not any different than any of the rides at the parks.

Load every other row, put a sheet of plexiglass between rows, and voila. This argument is tired and overdone on the trams. It is absolutely possible to load the trams... If they can load Rock n' roller Coaster, Slinky Dog Dash, Living with the Land, Thunder Mountain, Everest, Monorails, Steamboats, Jungle Cruise, Busses, and literally every other form of transportation imaginable, then they could have easily figured it out for the trams.

Lilofan

I'm tired of this argument. No it wasn't. It's not any different than any of the rides at the parks.

Load every other row, put a sheet of plexiglass between rows, and voila. This argument is tired and overdone on the trams. It is absolutely possible to load the trams... If they can load Rock n' roller Coaster, Slinky Dog Dash, Living with the Land, Thunder Mountain, Everest, Monorails, Steamboats, Jungle Cruise, Busses, and literally every other form of transportation imaginable, then they could have easily figured it out for the trams.
The attractions are what draws people to the parks. The trams don't exactly do that.

ELG13

That makes no sense considering what is operating inside the parks.

It’s an excuse for a budget cut and everyone knows it.
I agree. When we rode the bus from pop to mk every seat in the bus was filled. There was plexiglass in between seats and they had the emergency hatch on the top open for ventilation but that was it. So if you are telling me that was safer than a tram, I really don't know how any of this works 🤣

peter11435

That makes no sense considering what is operating inside the parks.

It’s an excuse for a budget cut and everyone knows it.
It makes perfect sense and is the primary reason trams are not operating. There’s a big difference between how the trams operate and how everything in the park operates. It has nothing to do with budget cuts but that’s certainly a positive result, just not the reason at all.

peter11435

The issue is not about the guests ON the tram. Plexi or loading every other row will not solve the issue. Social distancing IS the reason trams are not operating. You can think and argue otherwise but you would be wrong.

Maybe their concerns are overblown or irrational, but they are the reason.

ELG13

Oh they are filling all seats on the bus now? I hadn’t heard that but makes sense considering increased crowds.
They did that morning. And it was back in January. I honestly didn't care. Everyone was masked etc but I think that from the "safety" reasoning of the trams not running it doesn't make sense. It obviously a budget issue.

ELG13

It makes perfect sense and is the primary reason trams are not operating. There’s a big difference between how the trams operate and how everything in the park operates. It has nothing to do with budget cuts but that’s certainly a positive result, just not the reason at all.
But If that's the reason, how are they filling busses to capacity? At least trams are outside and very well ventilated.

peter11435

But If that's the reason, how are they filling busses to capacity? At least trams are outside and very well ventilated.
They are not filling buses to capacity. They are filling every seat. But that is roughly half of pre Covid capacity and there is extensive use of dividers in the buses. Also as I have said the concern with the trams is not the trams themselves.

UNCgolf

They are not filling buses to capacity. They are filling every seat. But that is roughly half of pre Covid capacity and there is extensive use of dividers in the buses. Also as I have said the concern with the trams is not the trams themselves.

I'm struggling to see how people waiting to board a tram is any different than people waiting to board a Disney bus or any other form of transportation. Put up a queue with markers etc.

At least I assume that's the issue; I can't think of any other one. Unless it's tied in with a staffing issue in that they don't want to have to keep someone out there to enforce the distancing.

ELG13

Ok I see the point. They are not to "capacity" but every seat is filled. You sit directly next to other people. The closest have been to any other human during the pandemic was on the Disney bus. I still think that even at half capacity the busses are much less socially distanced than the trams.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom