trams from the parking lots

eliza61nyc

No but it is common knowledge that the Minnie van drivers were laid off.
Off topic, lol I always thought of the Minnie van people as living on borrowed time. Never really seemed to be a huge advantage as they were just a painted uber so I always thought they were on borrowed time.

Lilofan

Off topic, lol I always thought of the Minnie van people as living on borrowed time. Never really seemed to be a huge advantage as they were just a painted uber so I always thought they were on borrowed time.
When one joins or transfers to a " new opportunity", it is also taking a big risk if that job will work out ( ie Minnie Vans).

UNCgolf

Ye but the bus driver is in control of how many board it. Honestly I can't remember the time I rode one of the trams but I'd memory serves it stops and people start boarding it, is there a line or do you just find a spot?

I have no clue how it operates; I've never used it to my knowledge. I've just used the internal bus system on all the trips I remember. We may have parked at the parks when I was a kid, but I don't know that they even had a tram back then.

TrainsOfDisney

I’m personally annoyed when an “insider” acts this way about a topic. Same thing happened with the conversation about the steam trains running in shuttle mode.

It makes respected insiders look like little kids on the playground going “I know something you don’t know so I know you’re wrong” - It’s annoying and childish behavior.

There isn’t any reason the trams can’t be running. If there is a reason.... Disney could find a solution.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
I’m personally annoyed when an “insider” acts this way about a topic. Same thing happened with the conversation about the steam trains running in shuttle mode.

It makes respected insiders look like little kids on the playground going “I know something you don’t know so I know you’re wrong” - It’s annoying and childish behavior.

There isn’t any reason the trams can’t be running. If there is a reason.... Disney could find a solution.
People keep ignoring that very last statement every time it is brought up

Club Cooloholic

They might just figure with less people allowed in the parks the lots shouldn't be as full and don't them?

Last edited:

CntrlFlPete

I mean... They can move the tents. Literally everything can be adjusted, thought out, and changed. It's not too incredibly hard to just, ya know, shake things up a bit... Re-route the system.

Also,

You are correct and I am sure Disney could run the Trams IF they wanted to, but I assume they put the tents where they did for a reason. I believe the folks doing the checks are NOT Disney employees. I did not stay on site when I went to the MK but hotel guest are routed differently than folks from the monorail/ferry so they go to different security and temp checks, I would assume the temp checks could be done at the hotel (I really do not know where on-site guest are screened as they do not go through the TTC, but just talking about buses being different).

I also imagine that plexiglass could be a tough install, they would need to hold like windows in the wind and the travel speed of the tram, I assume the trams would be unsafe with plexiglass stuck up everywhere w/o design considerations. Certainly cheaper to just wait and see when/if capacity is increased.

Anyway, I will continue to believe that WDW is having a labor shortage w/o the CP and International programs sending them headcount.
Itnis actually worse nownbecause they are spacing parking.
the skip spots but then fill them right after (if the spots were numbered, they fill row 1 odd then fill row one even) all rows can be used, they just space when they are used in order to keep a space between people.

Lilofan

You are correct and I am sure Disney could run the Trams IF they wanted to, but I assume they put the tents where they did for a reason. I believe the folks doing the checks are NOT Disney employees. I did not stay on site when I went to the MK but hotel guest are routed differently than folks from the monorail/ferry so they go to different security and temp checks, I would assume the temp checks could be done at the hotel (I really do not know where on-site guest are screened as they do not go through the TTC, but just talking about buses being different).

I also imagine that plexiglass could be a tough install, they would need to hold like windows in the wind and the travel speed of the tram, I assume the trams would be unsafe with plexiglass stuck up everywhere w/o design considerations. Certainly cheaper to just wait and see when/if capacity is increased.

Anyway, I will continue to believe that WDW is having a labor shortage w/o the CP and International programs sending them headcount.

the skip spots but then fill them right after (if the spots were numbered, they fill row 1 odd then fill row one even) all rows can be used, they just space when they are used in order to keep a space between people.
WDW does have labor issue hence the more recent relax dress codes ( ie tattoos) to attract more to apply for jobs.

MickeyLuv'r

Ye but the bus driver is in control of how many board it. Honestly I can't remember the time I rode one of the trams but I'd memory serves it stops and people start boarding it, is there a line or do you just find a spot?
The trams have a queue of sorts. Hopefully, I can explain with some clarity. The trams run in a designated lane that is very clearly marked. When the tram stops, it stops in a designated area that has clear line markers painted on the pavement. Along where the tram stops, there has always been (or at least for a long time before the pandemic) a very bright wide yellow line. As the tram approaches, CM's repeatedly announce to, "STAND BEHIND THE YELLOW LINE!" until the CM tells them to board. When the tram fills, they tell people they must STAND BEHIND THE YELLOW LINE! until the next tram arrives.

At the park exits, designated queue rows are marked for people who want a tram back to their car, but I don't think queue lanes are marked in the parking lots themselves. They could be added, but then the trams would only be able to use those specific pick-up/drop-off areas. In the past, they only drove in the tram lane, and usually aimed for specific parking rows, but could drop people off anywhere along the tram lane.

I think, currently, the parking lot CM's are - in the morning- temporarily, using every other parking space. After families have time to unload, the CM's THEN fill in the every-other empty spaces. (to help with social distancing).

These days, parking lots don't get particularly full, and walking would not be particularly significant for many folks. It could, however, be a problem for people with mobility challenges. People who really know WDW can use the drop off area, but the parking lots attendants don't make that an easy option. When people enter the parking lots, they are funneled into a specific designated lane of traffic. The traffic lane is bordered with cones and often CM's waving their arms. If anyone tries to go a different way, the CM's will pretty quickly let them know they do NOT want anyone going a different way. If you know you can drop off a disabled guest AND you advocate forcefully, they will permit you to use the drop off area, but in my experience, you often have to insist. It depends on the CM, unless you specifically have handicapped permit plates.

People who aren't very familiar with WDW (i.e. most people) likely wouldn't think to ask if they can do a drop off, especially if they were at all expecting the trams to be running.

And let me add: folks who attempt to do some research before they arrive, will find many WDW information sites are currently offering outdated, pre-pandemic information. It took me 2 seconds to find a WDW information page saying WDW has trams- including pictures of said trams - but no indication trams are NOT currently operating. Ugh!

Last edited:

MickeyLuv'r

The tram line runs point A to point B. If point A is the parking lot, point A has no rows. If point B is the AK entrance, that area has marked queue rows.

The entire tram line has a STAND BEHIND THIS yellow line marked for whenever tram is in motion. There are also brightly painted anti-traffic posts, so nobody can accidentally drive a car into the designated tram lane.

I don't have any personal pictures, but they are easy to find, that clearly show all the markings and posts.

Last edited:

spock8113

The fun-filled Vacation:
1st you have to get tickets which is difficult enough with reduced attendance. Then, they make you pay vast amounts of money to go to the parks.
Then you have to $rent$ a car to get from the airport to said expensive Theme Park. Then you have to pay a parking fee to park your rental car. Then you have to walk across the Sahara Parking Lot where you subject to your faulty memory that you are parked in "Covid-19" parking line. Now masks are required in the 90-90 Florida weather (Temp/humidity) and you literally carry a pallet of sanitary wipes and a 5 gallon pail of alco-jel. When it comes time to get $food$, you can't even get money out because your hands have no more feeling from being sanitized for the last 18 months....................................um, there is definitely a "theme" for this "themepark."😉

tpoly88

in the heat and if your in a lot that is far from the entrance this could be an issue walking for some especially when they have their kids with them, as a few of the lots at the TTS are a hike to entrance. ive not taken a tram in a long while even before covid as the tram would sit there for 10 minutes waiting to fill up and there would be 4 no more boarding calls and still not move. i go to Epcot a lot and pre-covid my wife and i would walk and beat the tram to the entrance every time but if i had the little ones with me it would be a struggle.

Kobe!!

Is premium parking available? Can I park hop with a car to a different park and not have to pay again if I buy the premium parking pass?

UNCgolf

Is premium parking available? Can I park hop with a car to a different park and not have to pay again if I buy the premium parking pass?

I'm pretty sure you only have to pay for parking once a day and its good for all parks, although I don't know that for sure.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom