News Toy Story Mania to be available via standby queue ahead of entrance relocation

disneygeek90

Once you have scanned for your third FP ride at the first entry post, you are able to search and grab another FP for your next ride. That would be impossible to do without a smart phone.
Sure, but you can go to a kiosk. Getting your 4th+ FP while in line doesn't save you THAT much time. You're already looking at the "leftovers."

mikejs78

Premium Member
Yes, it does. The line is no longer constantly flowing when it’s stopped by the greeter. By its nature a stopped line is stationary. Joining the rear of it will lengthen the line instead of joining it and moving forwards.
This would be true *if* load times were delayed because of it and prevented the ride from running at capacity. But the post merge backs up too.... So again I think this is more perception than reality.

Last edited:

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I'm just repeating myself here, so go ahead and do what ever you want, you don't have to pay any attention to me.

Crowding has been blamed on:

1. FPs: FPs change people's position in lines. It doesn't get rid of lines. You want to argue that it creates winners and losers in the queuing game, that's a fair argument to make. You want to argue it creates longer queues, I am 100% unconvinced.​
2. Understaffing: Still waiting for someone to tell me that years ago, besides shortening the hours and putting big rides under refurbishment that WDW never reduced capacity by reducing staffing in the off-peak periods. Yes, understaffing in this year when there is no off-peak times anymore is a bad ops decision and we should all complain. But were they purposely understaffing this Easter week when every line had hour+ queues? Can't blame that on understaffing.​
3. Increased attendance: And those who keep blaming FPs or Understaffing, and, at the same time, keep ignoring that in just 10 years, the MK gets an extra 3 million people per year is inconceivable. When people propose theories without accounting for that, I don't know what to say. You can't argue with willful ignorance.​

donsullivan

Premium Member
Do we know if the queue that we currently walk through will be updated or changed at all? It doesn't seem like they are leaving any time to really go in and refresh / update the current queue. It seems this month down time is to just relocate walkways or something. Hopefully they go in and at least give everything a fresh coat of paint so it doesn't stand out from the new Toy Story Mania areas.

When I rode about 2 weeks ago, we found that nearly all of the standby queue was blocked off with tall black curtains. We went in through the bank of doors to the left of the normal entrance and then walked almost straight forward to the location where the FP+ queue would normally take their 3-D glasses and then up the stairs to board. Nearly all of the standby line was outside the building to the left of the entrance. That seems to indicate to me that they are restructuring the queue already in anticipation of the entrance moving to the other side of the building this summer.

RSoxNo1

Crowding has been blamed on:

1. FPs: FPs change people's position in lines. It doesn't get rid of lines. You want to argue that it creates winners and losers in the queuing game, that's a fair argument to make. You want to argue it creates longer queues, I am 100% unconvinced.​
2. Understaffing: Still waiting for someone to tell me that years ago, besides shortening the hours and putting big rides under refurbishment that WDW never reduced capacity by reducing staffing in the off-peak periods. Yes, understaffing in this year when there is no off-peak times anymore is a bad ops decision and we should all complain. But were they purposely understaffing this Easter week when every line had hour+ queues? Can't blame that on understaffing.​
3. Increased attendance: And those who keep blaming FPs or Understaffing, and, at the same time, keep ignoring that in just 10 years, the MK gets an extra 3 million people per year is inconceivable. When people propose theories without accounting for that, I don't know what to say. You can't argue with willful ignorance.​
That and MK being underbuilt from an attraction capacity by anywhere between 5000-10000 guests per hour.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
That and MK being underbuilt from an attraction capacity by anywhere between 5000-10000 guests per hour.

Someone just posted a 60 Minutes video about how MK affected Orange County. Mike Wallace said MK was getting 10 mil people a year. It's over 20 now. So, it certainly should have at least doubled its capacity since then.

TenderTofu

Hey Im Christian just wanted to contribute to this forum. It's definitely going to be interesting to see how the line will be effected. When I was working at the attraction I remember a board that had 1,825 and that would be our Guest per hour goal. That was with all three tracks operating. So if only Track C with around 600 gph is going to be operating, then the line is going to be moving slow but steady of course if there is no issues at load/unload.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Hey Im Christian just wanted to contribute to this forum. It's definitely going to be interesting to see how the line will be effected. When I was working at the attraction I remember a board that had 1,825 and that would be our Guest per hour goal. That was with all three tracks operating. So if only Track C with around 600 gph is going to be operating, then the line is going to be moving slow but steady of course if there is no issues at load/unload.
Welcome Christian. It’s always nice to hear insight from current/past CM’s.

Casper Gutman

Capacity doesn’t change, but which guests fill that capacity and when they do so does change.

Look, if I am 100th in line for ToT and the line is standby only, I will be the 100th to ride. But what if Bob, who is 20th in line for RnRC, has a ToT faspass? His presence in the RnRC line makes that line longer, and his ToT FP means I will be the 101st person to ride, making my line longer. He is waiting in both a virtual and physical line. He is making TWO lines longer.

GlacierGlacier

Welcome to the forum! It's always awesome to have more people with actual operations perspective on board here.

exnihlio13

The only date that someone was able to get through the club level booking was June 25th.

I'm only trying to book via resort stay 60 day window. Hoping they open up the May 8th window before that date but otherwise hoping I'll be able to book my May 13th FP+ for TSM the morning of May 8th if the schedule remains on point.
Still interesting to see that, at least based on the app, wait times for TSM didn't seem to go past 60 minutes in the morning.
Mind you I now see on the app it's "temporarily closed" which can't be a good sign.

matt9112

That's absurd. Show your work.

ok the basic theory is like this currently FP spreads crowds out evenly because when you reserve your attractions far in advance somebody somewhere picks COP....at rope drop (remember the first window is technically at park open) now multiply this across the board so people are reserving fastpass at everything that has it. so fast forward to this day in question and rides that normally wouldn't have that massive demand suddenly are packed. pirates and haunted mansion come to mind but even small world lines get absurd these days. so it breaks down like this ALL rides have long lines as overall park capacity is maximized better on paper vs old system of big attractions having long lines (maybe longer than now) but lesser or high capacity attractions having minimal wait times. on top of this my honest opinion is that people inherently move toward rides with low waits and walking past a 5 minute wait are likely to go into the que vs keep walking toward space mountain per say.

I personal think the current system skews heavily toward those in the know those who reschedule fast pass times from rope drop to get 6 or 7 or even 8 as well as simply people who know what rides dont need fastpass (like myself) but that's a poor design. the legacy system made more sense to me. on top of all this theory crafting we have record crowds and a company anemic to adding capacity.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom