News Toy Story Mania to be available via standby queue ahead of entrance relocation

nickys

Premium Member
Interesting it says the FP lines should return to operation in early May, when there are still no FPs avaialable right into June. (CL extra FPs reports say they cannot book TSMM).

I don't think the FP line will re-open before TSL opens.

MrPromey

Interesting it says the FP lines should return to operation in early May, when there are still no FPs avaialable right into June. (CL extra FPs reports say they cannot book TSMM).

I don't think the FP line will re-open before TSL opens.

Or it could be that Disney isn't taking any chances by opening up booking too far out when they don't know with certainty that they will meet that date.

It would be easier to withhold booking too far in advance than to have to have to go back and "fix" all those dates for people and explain at guest services at the front of the park why, even though the ride is running, their fastpass is still not valid if work is not completed on the date they expect it to be.

Then again, maybe I'm just giving them too much credit?

danitaytay

I feel like there has to be a better way to do this. I get they need to get the project done, but the standby waits already reach up to 2 hours with the FP line. I can't imagine how ridiculous the line will get now without the FP line. With there not being much more to do in HS, until the opening of TSL it seems like more and more of a waste of a park ticket.

nickys

Premium Member
I feel like there has to be a better way to do this. I get they need to get the project done, but the standby waits already reach up to 2 hours with the FP line. I can't imagine how ridiculous the line will get now without the FP line. With there not being much more to do in HS, until the opening of TSL it seems like more and more of a waste of a park ticket.

They need to change the route through the building of the FP lines, from the new entrance. So how could they have FP open, unless they stop stand-by and use the SB line as the FP line?

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
The line - and ride operation - will finally run as it was designed to. TSM was not designed to have FP.

LongballMG

The wait will be shorter! If all attractions had standby only, wait times would plummet!

djkidkaz

Do we know if the queue that we currently walk through will be updated or changed at all? It doesn't seem like they are leaving any time to really go in and refresh / update the current queue. It seems this month down time is to just relocate walkways or something. Hopefully they go in and at least give everything a fresh coat of paint so it doesn't stand out from the new Toy Story Mania areas.

Burbee

We are heading to WDW in 2 weeks. Not sure how I feel about this news. We couldn't get FP to this attraction, so were going to try to ride first thing in the morning. It is one of the few rides we have never tried, so really wanted to see it this time. Hoping you are all correct and the line will be shorter, not longer at that time of the morning.

Burbee

We are heading to WDW in 2 weeks. Not sure how I feel about this news. We couldn't get FP to this attraction, so were going to try to ride first thing in the morning. It is one of the few rides we have never tried, so really wanted to see it this time. Hoping you are all correct and the line will be shorter, not longer at that time of the morning.
Somehow (very surprising) we got a fastpass to Avatar Flight of Passage but not this. Maybe this is why....

Mathew h

For evidence, all one has to do is look back only six years ago before FastPass+ was implemented.
For evidence all one has to do is look how quickly lines move during extra magic hours when there are no fast passes. In Pandora, we rope dropped navi river journey, line was lined up all through the entire queue, and out in a straight line well past the wait time signs. It said 60 minutes. Took us 15 to walkthrough because no one was in the fast pass line. Now I don't have concrete numbers, this is all just my observation, but whenever I saw this happen, our wait time was about 1 quarter of what the posted wait time was. Perhaps it is different for other rides, but this is what we saw on navi, test track, expedition everest, and space mountain last trip.

Burbee

Doesn't "some of the ride tracks will be closed" mean less folks boarding as ride capacity will be slower and/or limited so lines will grow or do I not know what I am talking about? I assume that would back up lines. I guess in the end it doesn't matter. Going early one morning. Giving it a shot anyway. Thanks experts for the previous info.

Burbee

Doesn't "some of the ride tracks will be closed" mean less folks boarding as ride capacity will be slower and/or limited so lines will grow or do I not know what I am talking about? I assume that would back up lines. I guess in the end it doesn't matter. Going early one morning. Giving it a shot anyway. Thanks experts for the previous info.
and this ride better be worth all the hub bub....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom