Toy Story Land expansion announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

brb1006

Seeing the effect Minons has on Universal I'm kinda surprised these guys aren't already out and about.
Be glad you didn't see the older version of the Aliens when Toy Story was on ice back in 1996.

Seeing the aliens only at Disney On Ice shows reminds me of how you can only see a solo costumed version of Roo at Disney Live Shows since I seen photos of him online. While Roo is only seen inside his mother's pouch motionless at Disneyland Paris (And Walt Disney World since she's now rare). It sure would be lovely to see more Pooh characters besides just Tigger,Piglet, Eeyore and Rabbit (At least at Disneyland).

Homer fan

Is there anything to Tim Allen's comments about the details? I'm sure he was given those lines, making me think there will be more details than anticipated and maybe more interaction.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I know there aren't any current plans for a phase 2, but I'm wondering if TSL has any expansion pads? If so, nothing says they couldn't add an attraction or two in a few years...

No obvious planned pad sitting idle waiting for an attraction. They'd have to overhaul OMD or demo more backstage... Which would have to be done anyway for a true hub and spoke park. But that would be a huge undertaking and insiders are saying no new phases at this time.

Last edited:

ppete1975

Be glad you didn't see the older version of the Aliens when Toy Story was on ice back in 1996.

Seeing the aliens only at Disney On Ice shows reminds me of how you can only see a solo costumed version of Roo at Disney Live Shows since I seen photos of him online. While Roo is only seen inside his mother's pouch motionless at Disneyland Paris (And Walt Disney World since she's now rare). It sure would be lovely to see more Pooh characters besides just Tigger,Piglet, Eeyore and Rabbit (At least at Disneyland).
Although one of my favorite characters.. vanellope von schweetz scares me.....
DL11042012_116.jpg

after a quick google search looks like they have improved it since I saw it 3 years ago (I remember it being pretty bad then).... something about human children made into 6 foot costumed characters sometimes doesn't translate well

SpectroMan93

Hmm, I don't hate it, but I don't like how the fence just ends abruptly at the corner now. Wondering if this is a time saving measure. Hopefully they maintain the rest of the exit theming in order to distract from the green warehouse that has now shown up in Andy's backyard.

discos

Toy Story Land billboard seen in downtown Toronto. They’re really pushing hard on the new land

Attachments

• A6100B64-960B-40F8-BDE6-18E6E3B6E0D3.jpeg
    A6100B64-960B-40F8-BDE6-18E6E3B6E0D3.jpeg
    68.6 KB · Views: 133

matt9112

The hourly capacity is fine for a kiddie coaster but not for a Tier 1 E-ticket that will be the go-to attraction this summer. They keep building rides and expecting them to handle the crowds of bigger, better rides.

Better start the second track!

they hype them up.....THEY promote them as headliners THEY push the product....I dont think they care.

Sir_Cliff

they hype them up.....THEY promote them as headliners THEY push the product....I dont think they care.
That's what I find so strange about the massive marketing push they're giving this land. Even if they saw these attractions as simply meant to pad out the slim options at DHS they would have capacity issues. However, they seem to be actively calling for people to travel from far and wide and drop thousands of dollars specifically to experience these 2-3 attractions. Imagine the headaches they'll have if the marketing campaigns work!

The Empress Lilly

Finally i can't fathom why they have put this land in every single park around the work - when it's universally hated for being cheap rubbish. Sure Toy Story is a big IP in America and Europe, but they also put it into China - where the sequels weren't even released in cinemas.
My theory is that Toy Story Land is any mediocre manager's ticket to greatness. At last he can understand Disney synergy. 'The movies promote the land!...The land then promotes the toys!....The toys then promote the movies!'.

If Toy Story had been named A Friend's Story there wouldn't be a Toy Story Land in Orlando.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom