Toy Story Land expansion announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

YodaMan

There were times last year that the aerials made me think this project would be done well before the intended target. But now I'm laughing at myself because these aerials still make me question if June 30th is really doable at Disney's speed. *insert laughing emoji here*

CanadianGordon

There's even a billboard for Toy Story Land off the highway here in Toronto. Never saw billboards here in Toronto for Pandora.

I can do you one better. How does a full SUBWAY train sound? Advertising TSL in Toronto. Inside AND outside the subway train. Disney does overkill advertising like no other.
I fully expect when SWL opens to see a full subway station covered.

Attachments

• IMG_4722.JPG
    IMG_4722.JPG
    159.9 KB · Views: 159
  • IMG_4723.JPG
    IMG_4723.JPG
    137.7 KB · Views: 163
  • IMG_4724.JPG
    IMG_4724.JPG
    121.3 KB · Views: 129
  • IMG_4725.JPG
    IMG_4725.JPG
    121.3 KB · Views: 124

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
Well, then I think that if you could peek at the building through the trees on the berm, it would be more invisible for the building to be green.

That was my thought as well... they must have realized that the trees/berm were going to be insufficient to completely hide the building from areas within Galaxy's Edge so they instead opted to hide it as much as possible by painting it go away green....

flyerjab

Why wouldn’t Disney market this like crazy? What are the adverts supposed to say? “Come to Toy Story Land! It’s not Star Wars, but it should still be okay...”

Also, wasn’t Chapek in Consumer Products or something like that? I would expect with him overseeing the parks and resorts that he would know how to promote anything, from something as big as a new land to something as small as a new churro flavor.

Last edited:

tonymu

Premium Member

Hmm, I don't hate it, but I don't like how the fence just ends abruptly at the corner now. Wondering if this is a time saving measure. Hopefully they maintain the rest of the exit theming in order to distract from the green warehouse that has now shown up in Andy's backyard.

I bet it has more to do with what you see from the Star Wars side of the berm. The brown fence would stick out and the green will disappear through the trees. Also the Midway Mania exit sidewalk is so close to that wall that it you probably won't even see it with the plants along the path and it would probably be proportionally to tall.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom