Toy Story Land expansion announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

Jones14

Mhmm. Which I pegged as being 'alright'. Especially since the barrier of entry is higher, Mine Train will still take the cake.
Plus, I have a feeling that a lot more people will balk at riding TRON than do Mine Train. It will be a *significant* step up in terms of thrills from the rest of the park. Rock'n'Rollercoaster next to Tower of Terror this ain't.

DisneyDreamerxyz

It's a shame they didn't include either the RC Racer and/or the Green Army Man drop ride just to bump up the capacity. I mean, maybe I'm just naive, but I wouldn't think adding either of those would have cost THAT much more but could have taken a bunch of pressure off of the capacity of the land in general...

I agree, and those rides appeal more to young adults, who Disney rarely caters to.

I think it would be cool to really take building the land into the next level and have more about the history of Sheriff Woody and the Woody's Roundup Show. (which they kinda have in Shanghai, with the whole "Western Town" area, which yes is like a cartoon version of Frontierland but still adds to the story.

Also there is a whole "world" they created for the Buzz Lightyear TV show that they could dive into. How about a Princess Mira Nova/Evil Emperor Zurg meet and greet? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buzz_Lightyear_of_Star_Command

Magicart87

HOUSE OF MAGIC
Premium Member
Anyone know if there are plans to develop costumed characters of the Aliens, for park roaming or meet and greets? Is that happening?

Unrelated: Is it too late to make a suggestion? I'm thinking this land could use some serious filler like kinetics and interactivity to round out the experience. I'm not seeing much "there" in regards to photo-ops or guest interactive elements. Give me a giant Magic 8-ball that requires strength and the willingness of strangers working together to flip it upside down revealing the fortune. Or how about a massive Etch-a-Sketch that randomly "draws" scenes when turning it's knobs. What will it draw next? Let's rotate the knobs and see! It's Andy's backyard right? How about a leaky sprinkler head that allows guests to cool off on a hot day? What about sounds... Will there be dogs barking, the sounds of lawnmowers humming in the distance? I hope they can find a way to amp up the feels...

IDK. I think this land needs more stuff. Interactives and kinetics to give it some life. It's very sterile. The inanimate statues do little to help, IMO.

Side note: Pandora has a fog-farting musical plant...

Last edited:

Phroobar

It's typical panic that we saw during DCA 1.0 where they rushed into development A Bugs Land because there wasn't enough for little kids to do. Here they wasted a lot of land for a substandard coaster and Mater's Junkyard Jamboree spinner. Even A Bugs Land had more interactivity than this place has with it's leaky water hose. Disney World guests deserve something more from this land.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Finally i can't fathom why they have put this land in every single park around the work - when it's universally hated for being cheap rubbish.

I've only seen pictures and videos of all the TS Lands. And the one in DHS looks, based on pictures, to be a big step up from the others. Precisely because it is so big and they're surrounding it with giant fences and it's filled with tons more props.

But, until you or I see the finished product in person... opinions at this point could wind up to be very, very off.

jmuboy

It's typical panic that we saw during DCA 1.0 where they rushed into development A Bugs Land because there wasn't enough for little kids to do. Here they wasted a lot of land for a substandard coaster and Mater's Junkyard Jamboree spinner. Even A Bugs Land had more interactivity than this place has with it's leaky water hose. Disney World guests deserve something more from this land.
Just dawned on me WDW could take the giant Water Hose from DCA Bugs Land and add to WDW TSL.. Even with no water coming from it the prop could be cool.

brb1006

Anyone know if there are plans to develop costumed characters of the Aliens, for park roaming or meet and greets? Is that happening?

Unrelated: Is it too late to make a suggestion? I'm thinking this land could use some serious filler like kinetics and interactivity to round out the experience. I'm not seeing much "there" in regards to photo-ops or guest interactive elements. Give me a giant Magic 8-ball that requires strength and the willingness of strangers working together to flip it upside down revealing the fortune. Or how about a massive Etch-a-Sketch that randomly "draws" scenes when turning it's knobs. What will it draw next? Let's rotate the knobs and see! It's Andy's backyard right? How about a leaky sprinkler head that allows guests to cool off on a hot day? What about sounds... Will there be dogs barking, the sounds of lawnmowers humming in the distance? I hope they can find a way to amp up the feels...

IDK. I think this land needs more stuff. Interactives and kinetics to give it some life. It's very sterile. The inanimate statues do little to help, IMO.

Side note: Pandora has a fog-farting musical plant...
Well they do exist at Disney On Ice shows.
5401664283_b17a6b0c1f_b.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom