Toy Story Land expansion announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

ThatMouse

I'm honestly surprised they don't sell stuff in-line in a non-virtual way, today. All those people in standby with nothing to do... heck, you can even buy snacks halfway through the line to get on the Hogwarts express at Universal... I'm also surprised they haven't worked easy access to restrooms into the design of some of those lines (especially FOP) given the wait times the queues were designed to handle.

A beer vendor would get me to stand in lines longer. Also, the play area in Dumbo has the right idea, but why is it only for kids! Why not make the exit areas the line. People can hang out and be paged. It would be a different category of standby.

lazyboy97o

If Slinky has two trains on the track at once and each holds 18 people, then...

Ride length - - Hourly capacity
60 seconds -- 2,160​
70 seconds -- 1,860​
80 seconds -- 1,662​
90 seconds -- 1,440​
100 seconds - 1,301​
110 seconds - 1,180​
120 seconds - 1,080​

So, the good news is that if it's just 1,000 pph, then the ride is a full 2 minutes! Which is unlikely because there's a video that shows from the middle block brakes to finish, it's only 37 seconds.
Ride Time is not the same as Cycle Time.

beachlover4444

There are like 10 rides just in Fantasyland alone over at MK. That is why MK is always the number 1 attended park, lots to do, not just shopping and dining. I just dont understand how HS cant get more rides out of these 2 huge lands being added for the amount of acreage they are taking up. Its great the Toy story and Star Wars will look phenomenal like Avatar does but when it comes down to it once you walk through it a few times, it comes down to go in, ride, go out.

hpyhnt 1000

The hourly capacity is fine for a kiddie coaster but not for a Tier 1 E-ticket that will be the go-to attraction this summer. They keep building rides and expecting them to handle the crowds of bigger, better rides.

Better start the second track!

Dueling Slinkys? Now there's a concept I can get behind! Just don't let them get all tangled up...

Animaniac93-98

So to summarize, Disney has just spent hundreds of millions to build two Cedar Fair-ish quality rides that suffer from low capacity and technical issues, while at the same type hyping them as major additions because they don't have any other new rides at WDW this year and they want you to book your vacation ASAP and not wait until Star Wars opens. This is all before the guests actually arrive and find out that they wasted a tier 1 FP on a C-Ticket spinner ride.

What a mess.

Last edited:

yensidtlaw1969

OK, but, that isn't saying that it's Cars Land. I'm not sure what the aim was originally, but, what I do know is we are getting what we are getting and we can whine about what might have been forever because that is an infinite level topic. However, as far as it ever materializing, it didn't, it isn't going to and all the talk in the world will not change that. So why waste the time concerning ourselves over the might have been, and try to find the good in what is. We were owed absolutely nothing.
More than half the park's attractions have been shuttered for new development and customers are expected to pay the same expensive amount to visit. This is perhaps the first time in Disney Park history where the guests absolutely WERE owed something.

Star Wars Land surely seems like it will be worth the trade off of what the park lost for it. DHS' other new land didn't need to quite live up to the apparent next-level quality of Galaxy's Edge to be worthwhile, but splitting the difference between that and the forthcoming Toy Story Land seems like it would have been adequate.

I'll say again -- I LOVE Toy Story. On paper, a Toy Story Land makes me giggle with excitement. What we are getting, however, does not appear to be worthy of any standard you might apply to it: It's not worthy of the Franchise its based on, It's not worthy of the amount space it takes up, it's not worthy of the piles of money spent on it -- and with what we're learning of the new rides' THC, it doesn't seem like it will be worthy of the time it takes to actually get on the attractions. I BEG that the dissenters are proven wrong when it opens, but there don't appear to be any surprises left for us to discover upon its opening. We've got a pretty clear shot of what's coming and each piece seems to be underwhelming.

I'm perfectly capable of enjoying an underwhelming experience for what it is, and I intend to enjoy myself when I find myself in Toy Story Land, but I see no reason not to speak up against work that does live up to the Disney Standard. There was every excuse to make an exceptional land - the space, the money, the creative and popular IP were all there for the reaping and yet somehow it appears the result will be lesser than the sum of its parts -- the antithesis of what the dwindling Disney's Hollywood Studios needed. There is really no excuse.

Little Green Men

Why is June 30 the opening? It seems late for summer....
Summer starts June 21...
So to summarize, Disney has just spent hundreds of millions to build two Cedar Fair-ish quality rides that suffer from low capacity and technical issues, while at the same type hyping them as major additions because they don't have any other new rides at WDW this year and they want you to book your vacation ASAP and not wait until Star Wars opens. This is all before the guests actually arrive and find out that they wasted a tier 1 FP on a C-Ticket spinner ride.

What a mess.
Still better attractions than any other TSPL

Kman101

The ride system was fine for Mater's. I'd say the rides are a big step up. It goes without saying more was needed in the land. Or to have made better use of it. Were they 'worth' it? I don't know. For many I guess not. I can see why but I'm still not entirely against either of them. They just aren't the headliner attractions that they'll be treated as.

Shame this all wasn't better thought out.

ToTBellHop

The ride system was fine for Mater's. I'd say the rides are a big step up. It goes without saying more was needed in the land. Or to have made better use of it. Were they 'worth' it? I don't know. For many I guess not. I can see why but I'm still not entirely against either of them. They just aren't the headliner attractions that they'll be treated as.

Shame this all wasn't better thought out.
Yes, imagine 45,000 people trying to get into MK, demanding a ride on Barnstormer and Dumbo. Because they heard about Barnstormer and Dumbo on a Good Morning, America segment. And then The View. And then Nightline.

What are they thinking?

WDWFanDave

Yes, imagine 45,000 people trying to get into MK, demanding a ride on Barnstormer and Dumbo. Because they heard about Barnstormer and Dumbo on a Good Morning, America segment. And then The View. And then Nightline.

What are they thinking?

Any guesses on opening day line length? All the way to the gate?

I'll be there. Will try to post pics. Thought it might be -fun- to be there for a grand opening...we'll see!

Did not get a FP for either new attraction on opening day; did get one for Aliens a few days later.

RMichael21

Any guesses on opening day line length? All the way to the gate?

I'll be there. Will try to post pics. Thought it might be -fun- to be there for a grand opening...we'll see!

Did not get a FP for either new attraction on opening day; did get one for Aliens a few days later.
I'll be there opening day as well. It should be interesting! Was only able to get a Fastpass for TSMM in the morning, so we'll be rope dropping the new attractions. We check out the next day, so another day wasn't possible unfortunately.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom