Toy Story Land expansion announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

ToTBellHop

Any guesses on opening day line length? All the way to the gate?

I'll be there. Will try to post pics. Thought it might be -fun- to be there for a grand opening...we'll see!

Did not get a FP for either new attraction on opening day; did get one for Aliens a few days later.
It’ll still be more fun than a colonoscopy. On-site so you can be there at 7?)

Pedro Soto

Here's a thought lets ALL JUST WAIT to the land OPENS before passing Judgement!!!! Yes it isnt Galaxy's Edge, its not Pandora = its Toy Story Land it is what it is, a Much NEEDED addition to DHS. My family & I are looking forward to it as well as SWGE, the RAT, Tron, GotG = Disney is spending money on new attractions which is better then getting NOTHING :) Hoping the future of DHS & Epcot is great

ToTBellHop

Here's a thought lets ALL JUST WAIT to the land OPENS before passing Judgement!!!! Yes it isnt Galaxy's Edge, its not Pandora = its Toy Story Land it is what it is, a Much NEEDED addition to DHS. My family & I are looking forward to it as well as SWGE, the RAT, Tron, GotG = Disney is spending money on new attractions which is better then getting NOTHING :) Hoping the future of DHS & Epcot is great
I’m not judging the quality of the ride experience. I’ve said multiple times I think the rides will be fun and my sons will love them. I’m discussing the inefficient use of space, cost of construction, and insufficient hourly capacity. All based upon facts that I have access to and have shared. I’ve made no claims about how many butterflies will be released in my stomach on the quadruple-down or how many items at Woody’s Lunch Box I want to eat. I am with you. When it comes to theme parks, I only judge what I personally know. Bob Gurr may (or may not?) be able to ride in the front of the monorail, but even he hasn’t ridden Slink Dog.

WDWFanDave

It’ll still be more fun than a colonoscopy. On-site so you can be there at 7?)

Yes, on-site - with our own car - may try to get there pretty early.

I've been visiting for a pretty long time. Not as long as some on here (looking at you @marni1971 !), but since 1978. Although not every year as a child; more frequent as an adult (and now with my own child). In all that time, have only ever been on-site for a handful of special events.

Although this isn't a *huge* new land - it's still exciting to us to think we'll be there for the grand opening of a new part of the park. We were at EPCOT for the 30th - that was fun - Illuminations was amazing that night. And, I've never been on-site for the 4th of July. Mind you, I'm not completely crazy - not a chance I'll be in the MK to see the fireworks, but since we are DVC members, was able to get a room with a view, and we'll enjoy watching from the other side of the lake!

By the way - to you, Marni, and others with inside connections - a sincere thank you. I truly appreciate what you're able to share, and what I'd consider to be a fairly real view of the parks/WDW and how it's all run. I haven't been able to check in here a lot in the last year, but when I do have time to skim through pages, I'm always interested in what you all have to say.

Pedro Soto

I’m not judging the quality of the ride experience. I’ve said multiple times I think the rides will be fun and my sons will love them. I’m discussing the inefficient use of space, cost of construction, and insufficient hourly capacity. All based upon facts that I have access to and have shared. I’ve made no claims about how many butterflies will be released in my stomach on the quadruple-down or how many items at Woody’s Lunch Box I want to eat. I am with you. When it comes to theme parks, I only judge what I personally know. Bob Gurr may (or may not?) be able to ride in the front of the monorail, but even he hasn’t ridden Slink Dog.
Gotta :) Well I look forward to hearing your input if you happen to go opening day and thanks for the info

RMichael21

Ha! That's what I did too, FP for Mania (and RnR!). And, we'll attempt the rope drop. Best of luck!
I allotted about two and a half to three hours max to wait in standby for Slinky Dog and Swirling Saucers (TSMM ends at 10:55 + grace period, so worse case scenario we use it at the end of the window). Then we have a lunch at Sci-Fi Fi at 11 and FP for Rockin Roller Coaster and Tower of Terror starting at noon and one respectively.

We're staying at the Swan, so it's really the best resort on property location wise to be up early and get in line. I think I'm going to try and be there around 90 minutes before park opening (so around 6:30).

We're not expecting to get much done (my goal is to do TSL, our other two fast passes and maybe Star Tours/Muppets before park hopping to MK for the evening) and we're just going in with a positive outlook.

ToTBellHop

Gotta :) Well I look forward to hearing your input if you happen to go opening day and thanks for the info
Not going til August but I’m sure the park will be totes cray! My kids will never forgive me if I don’t get Slink Dog FPs, though. No pressure, or anything. They’ve only been excited for the “red coaster” for half their lives...

ToTBellHop

I allotted about two and a half to three hours max to wait in standby for Slinky Dog and Swirling Saucers (TSMM ends at 10:55 + grace period, so worse case scenario we use it at the end of the window). Then we have a lunch at Sci-Fi Fi at 11 and FP for Rockin Roller Coaster and Tower of Terror starting at noon and one respectively.

We're staying at the Swan, so it's really the best resort on property location wise to be up early and get in line. I think I'm going to try and be there around 90 minutes before park opening (so around 6:30).

We're not expecting to get much done (my goal is to do TSL, our other two fast passes and maybe Star Tours/Muppets before park hopping to MK for the evening) and we're just going in with a positive outlook.
I thought the park was opening at 7 am?

ToTBellHop

As others mentioned, EMH starts for DHS the day after the grand opening, which puts us in with an even bigger crowd opening day. :bookworm:
Wonder why they won’t give resort guests the leg-up til July. I assume they’re trying to convince resort guests to wait a day or two for lower crowds and a lower risk of delayed opening.

Goofyernmost

More than half the park's attractions have been shuttered for new development and customers are expected to pay the same expensive amount to visit. This is perhaps the first time in Disney Park history where the guests absolutely WERE owed something.

Star Wars Land surely seems like it will be worth the trade off of what the park lost for it. DHS' other new land didn't need to quite live up to the apparent next-level quality of Galaxy's Edge to be worthwhile, but splitting the difference between that and the forthcoming Toy Story Land seems like it would have been adequate.

I'll say again -- I LOVE Toy Story. On paper, a Toy Story Land makes me giggle with excitement. What we are getting, however, does not appear to be worthy of any standard you might apply to it: It's not worthy of the Franchise its based on, It's not worthy of the amount space it takes up, it's not worthy of the piles of money spent on it -- and with what we're learning of the new rides' THC, it doesn't seem like it will be worthy of the time it takes to actually get on the attractions. I BEG that the dissenters are proven wrong when it opens, but there don't appear to be any surprises left for us to discover upon its opening. We've got a pretty clear shot of what's coming and each piece seems to be underwhelming.

I'm perfectly capable of enjoying an underwhelming experience for what it is, and I intend to enjoy myself when I find myself in Toy Story Land, but I see no reason not to speak up against work that does live up to the Disney Standard. There was every excuse to make an exceptional land - the space, the money, the creative and popular IP were all there for the reaping and yet somehow it appears the result will be lesser than the sum of its parts -- the antithesis of what the dwindling Disney's Hollywood Studios needed. There is really no excuse.
Since there are four parks in WDW, the choice to go to DHS is strictly that of the guest. No one has to go there unless they feel that it is worth it. There is no provision that say one must go to that park. If someone feels it isn't worth the money all they have to do is not go to it. This idea that doesn't provide enough things to do is totally bogus. There are actually more separate things to do now then the day it first opened.

Where do we get off deciding what to charge for anything. The only choice we have is either to pay it and go or not pay it and don't go. Consider it a three park resort. We at one point only had one choice and that was MK and even then there wasn't a lot of things to do when it opened up. It seems worse now at DHS because they are finally responding to the dissatisfaction with the way it was. The plans are big, the construction is big and for a time it only has the fewer things that are still open but still more then opening day (no discounted rate back then). I will reiterate, NO ONE HAS TO GO TO IT IF THEY DON'T THINK IT IS WORTH THE MONEY! Skip it until it has whatever number you consider to be appropriate and spend an extra day in Epcot or DAK or MK instead.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom