Toy Story Land expansion announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

Goofyernmost

I've never understood the love for TSMM. I only ride it because the family like it! I would choose Buzz every time.

Not sure I should post this, I might get banned for life :D. But there has to be somebody else who doesn't like it......?
Let's be real. Everything in a theme park is for something to do and something to amuse us. Not everyone is amused by the same thing and life would be pretty drab if they did.

Disnutz311

Disney World Purist
It seems he's at the end of the Slinky Dog Coaster...before you enter the station.

dhkjgkay48769333.jpg

Looks like there is someone on the opposite side of the penguin as well.

rioriz

Woah woah woah TSMM is awesome!

Out of several first timers I've taken to WDW, TSMM was 1st or 2nd on their list of most fun attraction. That is from about 20 people here or there. I believe this board is not the correct judgement of how the attraction is viewed by the masses.

I'm not embarrassed to say it ranks in the Top Ten of my favorite rides in the resort! MiB is Superior if course....

Princess Leia

I rode TSMM for the first time on my November trip... and it was okay? All of my friends had left for the MK by the time I got in line (actually a couple hours before that), so I rode it alone. I get that it's meant to be ridden with a gaming buddy, but I wish there was some sort of option for playing solo.

Goofyque'

I rode TSMM for the first time on my November trip... and it was okay? All of my friends had left for the MK by the time I got in line (actually a couple hours before that), so I rode it alone. I get that it's meant to be ridden with a gaming buddy, but I wish there was some sort of option for playing solo.
Technically there is, as it gives you the winner in the full car, and the high score of the day. But yes, definitely more fun with someone. :)

Kman101

Out of several first timers I've taken to WDW, TSMM was 1st or 2nd on their list of most fun attraction. That is from about 20 people here or there. I believe this board is not the correct judgement of how the attraction is viewed by the masses.

I'm not embarrassed to say it ranks in the Top Ten of my favorite rides in the resort! MiB is Superior if course....

It's fun. Sure. But Toy Story deserves more than what it really is, which is decorated plywood boxes. I'm glad many find enjoyment in it. It *was* fun. But they could have done a lot better than this and we all know that.

None of us are ignoring that the masses enjoy it, but I don't really enjoy the excuse of "well the masses like it, sooo ...." lol. The masses are supposedly giving us Peter Quill in Epcot and IP where it doesn't belong (and some where I think it fits fine) ...

You can find it fun but a lazy attraction, which is what it was and is. That's what they would have done for Potter, too. But hey, it'd be fun, right?

For anyone who likes it don't be embarrassed but at least admit what the ride is ...

For the record, I think it's fine on Pixar Pier ... it fits the Midway games thing. It's not the best tie-in, obviously but they found a way to make it work. I don't think it fits DHS. It reminds me of the lazy carnival games they're fond of. Sorry, lol. And this is coming from someone who's mostly indifferent to Toy Story Land.

Anyway, didn't need to be some big debate about Mania. It's just my opinion that I don't really like it and it was a lazy attraction. Not trying to diss anyone who likes it :) Obviously it's popular, that's not exactly my gripe. I get why it's popular ;)

twebber55

You guys are in the deep deep minority when it comes to TSMM. That's fine, but just understand that it was the highest-rated ride at the resort for close to a decade and it's been a huge success on Disney's part. People outside of here aren't just stupid. If a ride is extremely popular with the masses then they did something right.
TBH a lot of opinions i see on here are quite the opposite of the general public

Last edited:

Kman101

You guys are in the deep deep minority when it comes to TSMM. That's fine, but just understand that it was the highest-rated ride at the resort for close to a decade and it's been a huge success on Disney's part. People outside of here aren't just stupid. If a ride is extremely popular with the masses then they did something right.

So then you're saying those who don't agree are stupid. Got it.

The masses will probably love Guardians in Epcot too.

TSM is fun but it's not exactly a crowning achievement. The queue is great.

Sorry that opinion isn't valid to you. Not everyone loves the same thing.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom