Toy Story Land expansion announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

ToTBellHop

32C26CB2-1932-4DF3-8411-3B6A99739F70.jpeg

Kman101

Have to say the Carousel would have been a nice addition to TSL: https://d23.com/just-announced-jess...mations-at-pixar-pier/?share_token=fcf5e9fa34

It may be more charming in person. I thought the same thing at first. DHS could use a carousel and this would have been a way to do it. I can't say I love the idea of 'Critter Carousel', and I cringe, I mean CRINGE at it on Pixar Pier, but it would work in a Woody's Roundup area (the area we should have gotten; yes, I know, artistic liberties and all that ....) as they were the critters Jessie and Woody interacted with.

Kman101

They like it because customers like it. Maters at Cars Land (the first use of this ride) is the best spinner ride in Anaheim. It has a real kick to it, even though it looks tame from the sidelines. At. Cars Land you can’t help but laugh and giggle and yell through the whole thing.

The Maters square dancing theme with seven different songs, where people literally dance in the queue, helps make it more fun at DCA. But I’m sure it will be fun with more tame and mature themes like Toy Story or Baymax.

It is interesting to see folks dismiss this type of ride. Those same people probably rush to get on the tea cups and fly on Dumbo ... I think Mater's, like Dumbo (doesn't quite work the same flying around on a triceratops at a roadside dino carnival ....), is just the perfect fit for this system. We'll see how they do with the other rides and if they come together the same way. They probably won't but it's still fun, regardless.

I'm not sure I love the look of the Woody's Roundup version but maybe in person it's better. I think I'll take the Swirling Saucers (well, personally I'd have taken Mater's and Cars Land, lol along with a slightly different Toy Story Land), but the Saucers could have been a spinner or tea cups or like Luigi's and we could have had the Roundup plus the ugly Critter Carousel to make a much more full land. Yeah they're diversion attractions but considering how no one seems to mind (or they begrudgingly accept them, people act as if TSL sets a precedent and all we'll get going forward is flat rides and unthemed outdoor coasters). DCA was filled out with them (plus many other great attractions, of course), it's interesting how much of a problem it is here (and yes folks, I know it costs too much and I wanted more too, etc. We don't need to keep having the same conversation). Yeah we're getting the 'eh' TSL this year but Star Wars next year, which will likely be very impressive. The park needed more and I hope it gets it but this is a start. And that's all it should be - a start. These two and Mickey don't fix the park completely. But I think they hope it does.

If anyone's reading, an Indy boat ride and Monster's Inc. coaster would go a long way ;) (as much as I want the door coaster, I think the park would benefit more from another dark ride but I guess it depends how the coaster was designed, it could serve as both a dark ride and coaster but I'm thinking about capacity)

Last edited:

Kman101

I just thought of another ride they could create for the land! How about a dark ride starring you as a toy running away from Sid so you dont become one of his creations and along the way you run into all of his toys. Seems like a nice slightly disturbing dark ride to me!

You mean the ride we should have had instead of shooting at a decorated plywood box?

discos

You might be onto something there. It also looks like the bottom of his beak may be able to move as well; perhaps we’ll be serenaded as we wait to unload?
Could definitely see that happening. Even if it's just a loop of him singing the chorus that could work! Would be the perfect amount of time you'd probably be sitting there waiting to unload.

Jones14

Could definitely see that happening. Even if it's just a loop of him singing the chorus that could work! Would be the perfect amount of time you'd probably be sitting there waiting to unload.
Looking at the model, he’s protected from the elements about as much as the witch on Mine Train is, so moving parts shouldn’t be an issue.

It would also be nice to have another character who hasn’t been petrified by the basilisk in the land.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom