Toy Story Land expansion announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

Kman101

They have built exactly one attraction in the past 12 years that isn't toddler friendly.

I'm aware, lol. But it's not like DHS was exactly toddler friendly either. The parks have varying needs. And they've spent two decades doing nothing and then next to nothing, so, we get lands like this that fill a need in the park, which we should have had ten years ago ...

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
Might want to be careful about venom spewed out towards today's toddlers and "snowflakes", they may someday be the ones to decide what home to put you in.

I am counting on one of my daughters taking me in rather than putting me in a home. I better be nice to at least one of them throughout our lives. :)

Casper Gutman

I'm aware, lol. But it's not like DHS was exactly toddler friendly either. The parks have varying needs. And they've spent two decades doing nothing and then next to nothing, so, we get lands like this that fill a need in the park, which we should have had ten years ago ...
If the goal is to add "toddler friendly" (or, preferably, fun for the whole family) attractions, rides with height limits like the two in TSL aren't the way to do it. Adding dark rides, AA shows - the stuff that Disney built its reputation upon - is the way to do it. So I've never entirely seen the logic of that argument.

I also don't get the "filling out the park" argument - besides the anomalous lump of Mickey's Birthdayland, what areas of MK were designed to "fill out the park?" Or the original EPCOT, for that matter?

Kman101

If the goal is to add "toddler friendly" (or, preferably, fun for the whole family) attractions, rides with height limits like the two in TSL aren't the way to do it. Adding dark rides, AA shows - the stuff that Disney built its reputation upon - is the way to do it. So I've never entirely seen the logic of that argument.

I also don't get the "filling out the park" argument - besides the anomalous lump of Mickey's Birthdayland, what areas of MK were designed to "fill out the park?" Or the original EPCOT, for that matter?

Mad Tea Cups, Dumbo ... those kind of attractions 'fill out the park'

They shouldn't be in place of other solid attractions though.

I'm not saying throw up a spinner everywhere like they did at the MK.

Fill out the park means a lot of things.

I'm not saying they couldn't have done it better but I'm not against the two rides coming. I see their purpose. I don't have to like the whole package. And again, not everything can or will be an E-ticket. Especially in a park that lacks things to do.

I agree they could fill the void with other things, that I'd prefer, mind you.

Casper Gutman

Mr. Potato Head is going to feel very out of place if he's the only character in the land that isn't frozen still.
No, no, see... those aren't Woody and Jessie and Rex out there in the land, they're STATUES of Woody and Jessie and Rex that the actual toys, who are on break at the moment, have constructed. And we all know statues of toys created by other toys are not imbued with sentience. It all makes perfect thematic sense.

NiarrNDisney

I just thought of another ride they could create for the land! How about a dark ride starring you as a toy running away from Sid so you dont become one of his creations and along the way you run into all of his toys. Seems like a nice slightly disturbing dark ride to me!

TP2000

Here's a look at Shanghai's Roundup:

Same ride system as Alien Swirling Saucers and Mater's Junkyard Jamboree (and soon, the Baymax ride in Japan, and Alien Swirling Saucers again in Paris.) Disney must be happy with that ride system to use it five times.

They like it because customers like it. Maters at Cars Land (the first use of this ride) is the best spinner ride in Anaheim. It has a real kick to it, even though it looks tame from the sidelines. At. Cars Land you can’t help but laugh and giggle and yell through the whole thing.

The Maters square dancing theme with seven different songs, where people literally dance in the queue, helps make it more fun at DCA. But I’m sure it will be fun with more tame and mature themes like Toy Story or Baymax.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom