Toy Story Land expansion announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

dreamscometrue

I've heard no stop before the first launch. A short hold before second launch.

Approx. 50 secs. ride time.
I've heard no stop before the first launch. A short hold before second launch.

Approx. 50 secs. ride time.
I know this video is of the original layout with the lift hill (D23 2015), but even knocking a 'whopping' 30-40 sec. off the estimated ride time of 1:48, brings it in at 1min. and 10 sec. Doesn't it seem more likely that the time will be closer to that, even with the modified design?

Cesar R M

As someone who has previously stated I'm only here for the construction photos, I think the back and forth has been hilarious. It's even better since its done mostly by people who will either:

A) Never actually set foot in TSL...
B) Set foot in TSL, but never tell anyone...
C) Set foot in TSL, actually enjoy themselves, but keep up the front that Disney let them down...
or
D) Obsessively watch ALL the walk-thru and ride-thru videos, and uphold some irrelevant blogger's opinion as their own...
you missed a few options but whatever floats your boat :p

Casper Gutman

you missed a few options but whatever floats your boat :p
Nah, it's necessary to dismiss any opinions that aren't overwhelmingly and single-mindedly favorable towards Disney by attacking the motivations and experience of the speaker. Otherwise, you might have to engage with the opinion on its merits, and that would be terrible.

By the way, the most charming recurring nastiness on these boards is the idea that people who visit WDW more often have more worthy opinions. It really brings a neat class-based element into discussions - I can afford to travel more often then you, and thus my opinions are more valid! (By the way, this isn't unique to the relentlessly pro-Disney faction - some frequent WDW critics deploy a version of it as well.)

And as to the mockery of the notion that gaps in the theming and haphazard scale matters - why did WDW ever worry about detail in the first place? Why bother with forced perspective on Main Street, or the careful placement of weenies, or any of the other intricate design techniques Disney used to make the parks FEEL right? Apparently they play no part in the parks' reputation. WDW might as well build a land with all the complexity and nuance of Six Flags - it would be vociferously defended, since thematic coherence and attention to detail don't matter.

Walter Yensid

Did anyone see this in Bioreconstruct's aerials? Maybe it was mentioned already but did not see it. Is that possibly a shoe print on the left. side to go along with the theme of guests being the size of toys? Sorry if I missed it.
upload_2017-10-2_20-54-10.png

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom