Toy Story Land expansion announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I went back in and deleted all of my off topic posts. The other poster just really got under my skin and I let loose on him. He's really not worth getting into an argument over.

Does anyone know how far along they are in the construction of TSL at this point?

Land has been cleared for it. There was also a major permit filed the other day that would be for actual construction, but it's not clear if it's for TSL or SWL.

MagicHappens1971

@danlb_2000 What purpose does this body of water serve? I've never noticed it before and I'm wondering if they'll be filling it in? Or am I crazy and is it not a lake or something either?
Capture.JPG

MagicHappens1971

The plans filed with the water management district do not show it being filled in. We also know the building to the left of it is staying, at least for now, so it looks like neither SWL nor TSL will go into that corner.
Okay :) thank you! Was just curious as to what the plans for that area were

Has anyone got anything to add about demolition or construction on the Streets of America / Lights, Motors, Action / Toy Story Land area?

I can't find anything interesting in amongst all the armchair imagineering.

Streets of America should be seeing some action before the end of the month. LMA even sooner. I think these next couple of months will have a lot of area cleared.

clemmo

In case people don't read the DHS Permit thread a major permit was filed this week to start actual construction on either SWL or TSL. Unfortunately the street listed on the permit isn't anywhere on Disney property so it's not clear which project this permit is for.
I'd assume TSL since that is on a faster timeline. Any idea as to why the street name was nowhere on disney property?

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Could it perhaps be a new access area to the lands in question? Since there will no longer be a "SoA" it seems like they may have to develop new ones or rename some older ones. We just don't know which one.

That's unlikely. The permits tend to use old names for things since that is how they are identified on the park plans.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom