Toy Story Land expansion announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

deeevo

I believe that Martin said that the content of SWL will pretty much be built. Meaning that we will still be getting the announced attractions. But the sharp pencil boys are going throughout the plans now and cutting the icing. So, Martin is correct that the cake remains the same, the icing on it will be less ornate.

thumbnail-2.jpg

VS

14-beautiful-christmas-cake.preview.jpg

Ornate is what separates Disney from Six Flags.

MGMBoy

That tunnel is no where near Writer's shop, it's more over towards where Catastrophe Canyon was.
I am working under the assumption that the grayed out building at the bottom of the sketch is the TSMM show building and that the pathway curves around it a little. That would also put the furthest reaches of Slinky right in the LMA/Catastrophe Canyon area. There would have to be a few perspective issues such as the path curving more than it looks like but I think it would fit.

Edit: this layout could (in theory) leave some space around the LMA queue & stage and back of Mama Melrose that could be expanded with more Muppet theming.

DisDan

So the shops, lights and plaza area in the original bottom right of the concept are gone? Totally cut?
The aspect ratio of the Crop they used to put the image on the Construction fences just seems to have forced some of that area off the visible image. I am sure they just wanted to use a certain width of image and were restricted by the height of the fence so they chose to crop out the area at the bottom portion. That's my guess anyhow.

Britrepeater

The thing that grabs my attention on the new artwork is on the far left. I know there has already been discussion regarding the structures that look kind of like the edge of Star Wars.
I've never gone with the SWL being north of star tours. Always screamed to fit into SOA And down to old canyon.maybe muppets will be a little more cantina style. Obviously a lot of the creatures came from the muppet stable. I guess lights camera action cost a bit more to run than Indy? To add a theory maybe they plan to reuse the grandstand in some way and bolt a mountain to it?

SCOTLORR

If we're going to look into those brown tree-like figures as a newly-located SWL, then we have to at least give the path heading north at the far left side of the map consideration.. Where could this path lead to? I was thinking phase 3, but I'm not sure how much room there would be. Anyway, if you're gonna believe that SWL is now in SOA and LMA due to this concept art, then you have to have an explanation for what this path could lead to.
IMG_2650-1-1200x900.jpg

ToTBellHop

If we're going to look into those brown tree-like figures as a newly-located SWL, then we have to at least give the path heading north at the far left side of the map consideration.. Where could this path lead to? I was thinking phase 3, but I'm not sure how much room there would be. Anyway, if you're gonna believe that SWL is now in SOA and LMA due to this concept art, then you have to have an explanation for what this path could lead to.
View attachment 136782
It's the Slinky Dog exit.

MGMBoy

View attachment 136782
Please forgive my horrible MS Paint skills but this is what I an envisioning. Here is my color key:

Red Lines - Area Aurrently Closed
Dark Green - Main Pathway
Light Green - LGM Attraction
Orange - Slinky Queue
Black - Slinky Coaster
Purple Square - Entrance to Tunnel Seen in New Art
Purple Line - Patt to Area by MV3D Unload/Mama Melrose
Light Blue Lines @ Top - Underground Tunnel to area near ST Unload (including spur from Muppet Courtyard)

I know it isn't prefect but I think it fits with fundamental art. Thoughts?

Attachments

• Studios Theory II.jpg
    Studios Theory II.jpg
    192 KB · Views: 322

Herbie

Please forgive my horrible MS Paint skills but this is what I an envisioning. Here is my color key:

Orange - Slinky Queue
Black - Slinky Coaster
Light Blue Lines @ Top - Underground Tunnel to area near ST Unload (including spur from Muppet Courtyard)

That is no 11 acres. Covering much, much, much too much land. Put the size of people into perspective: rides are too far in-between, the walk would be atrocious and they're too cheap to theme it along the way.

SCOTLORR

Orange - Slinky Queue
Black - Slinky Coaster

hmm... this would allow the path i mentioned that heads north to maybe lead to phase 3. Hopefully it hasn't been cut, that would be super disappointing

MGMBoy

Ever exited Soarin? Indy in Cali? The two Mission Space centrifuges on the right? Barnstormer?

True enough but, if we are to believe that the coaster covers the majority of the area from the back of TSMM to Catastrophe Canyon then you are looking at close to 1/4 mile just to exit.

MGMBoy

hmm... this would allow the path i mentioned that heads north to maybe lead to phase 3. Hopefully it hasn't been cut, that would be super disappointing

My hope is that the path connects up to Muppet Courtyard and acts as a bridge between the existing Muppet area and a possible expansion in the area by the LMA queue/show buildings.

Herbie

Ever exited Soarin? Indy in Cali? The two Mission Space centrifuges on the right? Barnstormer?

Soarin, yes... but only a few times (the lines are ridiculous, and I sometimes do not plan in advance enough for the fastpass). I can remember it being somewhat long (only as long as the entrance queue, I would think..), but I doubt it was to this level...
Can not recall Mission: SPACE.

Daveeeeed

Interesting. @marni1971 just posted yesterday that SWL was safe from cuts. Is there anything you can talk about?
Star Wars getting cut from this coast, and not the west coast would make fans furious. They know Star Wars land is going to attract so many people that they have nothing to lose, while Toy Syoty Land is more to have more rides to accmadate the amount of people coming for Star Wars Land.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom