Toy Story Land expansion announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

doctornick

As for the restroom building leaving, I assume that means a building over in the Woody's Round-Up village that was originally going to be something else will now be toilets. You need toilets in any land.

There are existing bathrooms across from the old Jack Sparrow attraction, which would be at the entrance to the land. I would assume they will remain, so the question is whether they feel they need additional bathrooms beyond this (probably should add some, but it might not be viewed as necessary).

NormC

Why do you think they made a completely new version of the concept art to display in the park? Just to get a rise out of us?
Yes, of course that is why they did it. Worked too.

Just kidding. It is just an edited version of previous artwork and neither is a blueprint for construction details. It is just like any concept art previously used for any project.

ToTBellHop

Yes, of course that is why they did it. Worked too.

Just kidding. It is just an edited version of previous artwork and neither is a blueprint for construction details. It is just like any concept art previously used for any project.
Yes. And the new concept looks cheaper. And finished products usually look worse than even the concept. This is why the new art is disappointing--they are already cheapening the product before they've even cleared the land!

NormC

Yes. And the new concept looks cheaper. And finished products usually look worse than even the concept. This is why the new art is disappointing--they are already cheapening the product before they've even cleared the land!
In your opinion. I choose to judge a product on its own merits rather than some fanciful artwork used to liven up construction walls. We shall see. You could be right.

Mike S

The coaster? Yes. The project? No. A coaster like this may have just gone from $10 million to $13 or $14 million to build. LSM launches are pricey although the plan all along may have been to have an LSM lift hill (like California Screamin'), not a chain lift. That would lead to a largely negligible price change on the coaster track. The theming, with the trenches, could have easily cost (WDI) a further $90 million to complete. They've probably cut that by something like 50%. What was a $100 million ride (I know that's absurd, and yet...) is probably now $60 million. Maybe they needed money for Guardians of the Terror.

As for the restroom building leaving, I assume that means a building over in the Woody's Round-Up village that was originally going to be something else will now be toilets. You need toilets in any land.

To answer a question from awhile back--the new launch should increase capacity. Coasters have block sections and I would assume a coaster train will need to have cleared the 2nd launch before a 2nd train can begin the 1st launch. Since the 2nd train will now reach top speed much more quickly, they have probably shortened the interval between trains departing by 5 or 10 seconds. That increases capacity by perhaps 15%.
So happy WDI was able to cut Slinky down to $60 million. Just $15 million shy of the rumored cost for FJ.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom