Toy Story Land expansion announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

Kman101

But don’t forget that this time Universal is heating the fire with the rumours of their new park and other expansions. I know the Fox deal will have an impact, but they have to keep investing to stay on top of this universal war. If they don’t the ranks might shift.

I really hope so, that's what I keep reminding myself.

Feels like Universal wants their own 'Epcot' so to speak ("Worlds" park). Even more reason to invest there. Because once Universal launches their park, they have a lot of work to do in the Studios and even some in IOA so they won't be stopping. It feels like a lull at the moment (dragging out F&F, and over the last few years only really putting in screens even though there was a backlash) but we know they have a lot of stuff they're keeping close at the moment. Seems both resorts are realizing you can't announce stuff years ahead of time. Well, at least Universal knows this. Disney beats it to death so we don't even care by the time it's open :joyfull:

djkidkaz

My understanding is more that Epcot is having a weak summer. Thus the effort to bring new fireworks there with the understanding that it would be unwise to have the park limp along until it finally gets a new E-ticket in 18 or 19 months.

I’ve also heard that they increased the daily FastPass allotment which means more people have a chance to get a fastpass which means less people in line.

GlacierGlacier

I’ve also heard that they increased the daily FastPass allotment which means more people have a chance to get a fastpass which means less people in line.
An increase overall or just for Epcot? Because Jungle Cruise's FP+ queue overflowed both of the times I rode it in June. Full switch back configuration of the queue too, there was just too many fastpasses for the ride to handle.

Goofyernmost

Not really. It is the same amount of capacity per hour no matter if they have FP's or not. What it does mean is a potential longer line for FP and an absolutely slower line in Standby. Just a wonderful way to deal with customer satisfaction. All they have to do next is make FP automatic and they will have a FP standby line. Everyone in the FP line automatically makes it the old regular normal queue line. If they wanted to really control the line length all they have to do is close the standby line and only issue enough FP's for an hour and a half worth of capacity per hour then the longest wait would be around 30 minutes. You don't have a FP (probably named differently, like maybe reservation), you don't ride. Otherwise nothing changes

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Construction wall blocking off Pixar Place has been removed...

1534072953722.png

huwar18

My understanding is more that Epcot is having a weak summer. Thus the effort to bring new fireworks there with the understanding that it would be unwise to have the park limp along until it finally gets a new E-ticket in 18 or 19 months.

Epcot has to be having a weak Summer. When we were there at the end of July, the only ride over a 60 minute wait was Test Track. We walked on to Frozen Ever After and Soarin'. Honestly, I have never seen Soarin' under a 35 minute stand by in the Summer. The only park that was fairly busy when we went was the Magic Kingdom and the lines still were not that long. Besides Splash and 7DMT nothing was over 60 minutes.

Goofyernmost

It's been behind a construction wall since TSL opened, so it's interesting now that they have removed the wall.
They probably did whatever construction they needed. The new barrier is much more attractive and pleasant to see then that nasty wall, but, still blocks it off. Could be that simple an explanation.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
They probably did whatever construction they needed. The new barrier is much more attractive and pleasant to see then that nasty wall, but, still blocks it off. Could be that simple an explanation.

I have never seen them use those rolling bushes for anything more then a short term closure. They are usually used right before something is about to re-open. If the plan was to close it off permanently they would have installed whatever the permanent solution was while the construction wall was still up.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Currently it’s probable Pixar Place will be used short term as an overflow for people to stand. Add a few tables and a meet n greet and it will be a safety valve for a park that’s lost too much elbow room.

Note the new gate posts ready to take the standard backstage gates.

Last edited:

Goofyernmost

Currently it’s probable Pixar Place will be used short term as an overflow for people to stand. Add a few tables and a meet n greet and it will be a safety valve for a park that’s lost too much elbow room.

Note the new gate posts ready to take the standard backstage gates.
That makes more sense and a good move.

Biff215

I noticed the shrubs tonight and figured it would already be posted here. Definitely strange that they went from a wall to something even more temporary.

Even though this space isn’t in TSL itself, it does seem silly that they didn’t keep it for merchandise and a M&G as it was previously used. The current M&G are ok but incredibly hot and they’re also taking up needed space. And the store on Sunset makes zero sense.

Still loved TSL for what it is, especially at night. DHS felt much more worthwhile than last August (after GMR closed).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom