Toy Story Land expansion announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
So, looking at the ABC Good Morning video, the Slinky was passing by at these time intervals:

1:14; 1:13, 1:11; 1:11; 1:15; 1:07; 1:27

That averages to a dispatch average of once every 74 seconds. That's 48.6 trains per hour. Times 18 people per train, is 877 PPH.

To get it to 1000 PPH, they need to get it down to 65 seconds dispatches.

ToTBellHop

So, looking at the ABC Good Morning video, the Slinky was passing by at these time intervals:

1:14; 1:13, 1:11; 1:11; 1:15; 1:07; 1:27

That averages to a dispatch average of once every 74 seconds. That's 48.6 trains per hour. Times 18 people per train, is 877 PPH.

To get it to 1000 PPH, they need to get it down to 65 seconds dispatches.
Yes, they will. Now you understand my concern over capacity.

Mine Train was able to improve a bit during previews and its first few weeks. I don't think shaving 9 seconds off is impossible if guests are reasonable. Pick your ride buddy before you board!

RSoxNo1

Just heard the hourly capacity for Slink Dog. Yikes. No wonder they’re open 15.5 hrs daily this summer. And still only about 40% of guests will get on.
The trains are longer than the Tron Lightcycle Run trains if I'm not mistaken.
Slinky's trains seat 18
45 second dispatches: 1440 Guests Per Hour
60 second dispatches: 1080 Guests Per Hour
75 second dispatches: 864 Guests Per Hour

RSoxNo1

I’m not judging the quality of the ride experience. I’ve said multiple times I think the rides will be fun and my sons will love them. I’m discussing the inefficient use of space, cost of construction, and insufficient hourly capacity. All based upon facts that I have access to and have shared. I’ve made no claims about how many butterflies will be released in my stomach on the quadruple-down or how many items at Woody’s Lunch Box I want to eat. I am with you. When it comes to theme parks, I only judge what I personally know. Bob Gurr may (or may not?) be able to ride in the front of the monorail, but even he hasn’t ridden Slink Dog.
They added a B and a C ticket and are trying to sell it as an E. I think they could have integrated a Speedway type attraction in and around the Roller Coaster that would have also allowed them to eliminate the Speedway in MK. They missed the mark here.

MrPromey

Disco Wheezy in 5...4...3...2...1...

Wheezy doesn't seem like a very ambitious animatronic.

Based on the video, it appears to only have motion in the base, the eyelids and the mouth with 2 out of the 3 having pretty limited range. (unless there is more to him than what they're showing)

That's not a knock against it. it's what I'd expect from something intended to survive outdoors here in FL.

That said, I'd expect this one to hold up since it doesn't appear all that mechanically complex. Worst case scenario we probably end up with a droopy-eye thing like we saw towards the end-of-life for Cranium Comand.

Last edited:

Winter

Wheezy doesn't seem like a very ambitious animatronic.

Based on the video, it appears to only have motion in the base, the eyelids and the mouth with 2 out of the having pretty limited range. (unless there is more to him than what they're showing)

That's not a knock against it. it's what I'd expect from something intended to survive outdoors here in FL.

That said, I'd expect this one to hold up since it doesn't appear all that mechanically complex. Worst case scenario we probably end up with a droopy-eye thing like we saw towards the end-of-life for Cranium Comand.
I never went on Cranium Command, could you show me what happened to that animatronic over time?

ToTBellHop

The trains are longer than the Tron Lightcycle Run trains if I'm not mistaken.
Slinky's trains seat 18
45 second dispatches: 1440 Guests Per Hour
60 second dispatches: 1080 Guests Per Hour
75 second dispatches: 864 Guests Per Hour
Hopefully TRON can dispatch more quickly due to its double-station? I assume it still doesn't have the best hourly capacity.

HwdStudio

I watched the behind the scenes video and I am proud for each and every individual working on this project. My problem is with TDO. This should have and needed to be much much more. Just my opinion. DHS was a ghost town last night. 10 minutes for RNRC and TOT of course that will be a thing of the past soon but we really need more. 8E2C1ADA-0F46-4BA8-8339-1CD5FD27BEBF.jpeg8EBE085B-D364-4C15-BEC2-40F59898E199.jpeg95DD2303-A824-40BC-8D31-67CCCE6A5115.jpeg8E2C1ADA-0F46-4BA8-8339-1CD5FD27BEBF.jpeg8EBE085B-D364-4C15-BEC2-40F59898E199.jpeg95DD2303-A824-40BC-8D31-67CCCE6A5115.jpeg

Last edited:

Kman101

I hope there's more and better looking merchandise ... the shirts aren't very appealing. The light up Slinky might be OK. Nothing against the Alien 'ears'. The Slinky ears look a bit odd but not geared towards me so ... lol

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom