Toy Story Land expansion announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

mikejs78

Premium Member
No. Turn away the large number who will have a FP for neither.

That makes sense. So the goal will be to get at least one FP+.

I expect paid FP to expand for SW: GE. Depending how much they expand it, it might not be possible to get a free FP at all (for SW: GE). TSL will still be hard to get, for that reason.

I doubt they'll go that route. Expand a little, sure, but as I've argued elsewhere, they are not going to expand paid FP to the point of making free FP useless.

Goofyque'

Here's a look at Shanghai's Roundup:

Same ride system as Alien Swirling Saucers and Mater's Junkyard Jamboree (and soon, the Baymax ride in Japan, and Alien Swirling Saucers again in Paris.) Disney must be happy with that ride system to use it five times.

I'm happy too! Mater's is crazy fun!!!

ToTBellHop

That makes sense. So the goal will be to get at least one FP+.

I doubt they'll go that route. Expand a little, sure, but as I've argued elsewhere, they are not going to expand paid FP to the point of making free FP useless.
Agreed, but I’m sure there will be packages that eat up some FP capacity. Have an inedible breakfast at Commissary at 7:45 am and ride SWGE and MMRR until 9, SW fireworks with a ride after closing, Ultimate Star Wars Fan tour with ice cream bars and SWGE for $199, etc.

KingEllias7171955

For the whole promotional follow the ball thing, do you think that people are confused about the main character being slinky? It seems like such a random character from the point of view of the general public, their's no clarification that slinky is going to have his own E-ticket attraction.

CJR

they are not going to expand paid FP to the point of making free FP useless.

Of course not. But being unable to get a free FP for SW: GE hardly means free FP would be useless. There are plenty of other things that'll have FP availability, including TSL, RnRC and ToT.

If Disney allows people to pay to get ahead, I think people will. Depending how much they expand paid FP, just looking at how FoP fills up 60 days out right now, I'm going to say a SW: GE FP will be a rare treat for anyone not paying for it.

mikejs78

Premium Member
Agreed, but I’m sure there will be packages that eat up some FP capacity. Have an inedible breakfast at Commissary at 7:45 am and ride SWGE and MMRR until 9, SW fireworks with a ride after closing, Ultimate Star Wars Fan tour with ice cream bars and SWGE for $199, etc.
They have that now for most of the major E tickets...

mikejs78

Premium Member
If Disney allows people to pay to get ahead, I think people will. Depending how much they expand paid FP, just looking at how FoP fills up 60 days out right now, I'm going to say a SW: GE FP will be a rare treat for anyone not paying for it.

I still doubt that. They already have paid options for Pandora and some of the other major E tickets... They usually limit supply of those. I suspect they will do that here. Cash in with expensive tours but keep it limited so enough of the core customer base is satisfied. Otherwise you'll get people who spend money on DHS *very* unsatisfied. That won't work well for them.

CJR

I still doubt that. They already have paid options for Pandora and some of the other major E tickets... They usually limit supply of those. I suspect they will do that here. Cash in with expensive tours but keep it limited so enough of the core customer base is satisfied. Otherwise you'll get people who spend money on DHS *very* unsatisfied. That won't work well for them.

You have a lot of faith in Disney limiting supply. There was a time they did that, but I've seen a few Halloween parties and Candelight Processionals that would suggest that Disney doesn't have much a of a limit when people pull out their wallets.

I should probably modify what I said before though, as I am a sarcastic person. Disney will probably hold a decent amount of free FP. However, expect that amount to be gone 60 days out. This means a lot of people will be earning their rides using the standby line, just as they do right now for FoP in DAK.

That doesn't mean their day is dissatisfying, as they aren't entitled to a FP, or even a ride on the new attractions, but an opportunity to experience them. So long as they have a chance to experience the rides, they should be satisfied. Plus, they'll still get to have three other things in the park they can possibly do without much wait at all, including the stellar Tower of Terror, which is by no means something to discount.

Tying this to Toy Story Land, since that's what this discussion is really about, Toy Story Land will still be busy in regards to FP because it'll still be new and since SW: GE will likely be maxed out in FP availability, SDD and TSMM will be top picks, after the Mickey ride, which will also probably be maxing out.

KingEllias7171955

Maybe they could use some sort of rotating system, in which every day a different tear of hotel could choose 2 sw;ge or toy story fastpasses? Maybe higher tier hotels are picked more often? Their's probably some obvious reason why that wouldn't work, just an idea though

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom