Toy Story Land expansion announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

Goofyernmost

It amuses me when I here people talk about how much money Disney spends on attractions. Does anyone have any idea how much it would cost to just transplant a forest of full grown trees? I know someone is going to say that WDW has a tree farm on property. OK, so they didn't pay for the trees, but, those trees didn't walk to the new site.
Hey, maybe that is why they took so long to do all this construction. They had to wait for the trees to grow.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
It amuses me when I here people talk about how much money Disney spends on attractions. Does anyone have any idea how much it would cost to just transplant a forest of full grown trees? I know someone is going to say that WDW has a tree farm on property. OK, so they didn't pay for the trees, but, those trees didn't walk to the new site.

They would've if Disney had bought the Tolkien rights.

peter11435

Hey, maybe that is why they took so long to do all this construction. They had to wait for the trees to grow.
WDW has a tree farm but not all of the trees used for a project like this come from the tree farm. Many are purchased from outside nurseries.

Disneyhead'71

Toy Story Land cost $100 million more than this.

20171117-_DSC2645.jpg

lazyboy97o

Construction costs aren’t some big secret, especially rather typical landscaping. So once again you are claiming others cannot know because you do not know.

twebber55

personally i agree
i completely tune out people when they start talking about how much these companies spend on individual lands

Goofyernmost

Construction costs aren’t some big secret, especially rather typical landscaping. So once again you are claiming others cannot know because you do not know.
What the hell is your problem. I was stating an opinion about how everyone complains about how expensive it is for Disney to build anything. My opinion is that yes, it is, perhaps criminally so, but, that is what it cost for that type of construction and some are unable to understand it. You act as if they run next door with a shovel dig it up and haul it over in a wheelbarrow. Perhaps you are just to damn dedicated to spreading the word about how awful Disney is. And doing that without ever seeing the big picture about anything, instead nitpicking small crap and making it sound like the end of the world. Do you know how much it cost per tree to move them from wherever they got them to this site in the quantities that are required to keep everyone's OCD in check about possibly spotting something from another land? I don't think you do and it was just one part of the construction I was talking about and if you are about to say that they do that much for every attraction, you would be wrong.

Goofyernmost

Do you honestly not see what the issue is here?
No, I don't! I wouldn't pay it, but, Disney is a (sorry to use the B word) and are not using public funds. They can spend whatever they feel is necessary to get the results they are looking for. That is the only objection that I can think of for any concern about something that really is none of our business. If they want to spend a couple billion on a broken water fountain, there is nothing illegal or immoral about that. All they really have to worry about is making a profit and from everything I can see they are doing a pretty good job in that department. Any other issue is just a bunch of people thinking that they would be getting more of something if they spent less on building this stuff. You're probably right, if that is the case, what you would probably get are attractions that break down constantly and are in a scrap heap by the end of five years.

peter11435

No, I don't! I wouldn't pay it, but, Disney is a (sorry to use the B word) and are not using public funds. They can spend whatever they feel is necessary to get the results they are looking for. That is the only objection that I can think of for any concern about something that really is none of our business. If they want to spend a couple billion on a broken water fountain, there is nothing illegal or immoral about that. All they really have to worry about is making a profit and from everything I can see they are doing a pretty good job in that department. Any other issue is just a bunch of people thinking that they would be getting more of something if they spent less on building this stuff. You're probably right, if that is the case, what you would probably get are attractions that break down constantly and are in a scrap heap by the end of five years.
Nobody has said Disney isn’t free to spend whatever they want. However it is clear that the costs at WDI are out of control when you look at what they get for their dollar. Disney has plenty of attractions including newish ones that break down constantly so that’s a deeply flawed argument on your part.

The point is (and it shouldn’t need explained) toy story land should not cost significantly more than Potter round 1. The fact that it did is not because potter breaks down constantly, or because it will end up in the scrap heap, or because TSL has a bunch of trees. It’s because WDI spending is out of control. I realize you don’t actually know how any of this works but those of us that do understand and see the issues from the inside out.

lazyboy97o

What the hell is your problem. I was stating an opinion about how everyone complains about how expensive it is for Disney to build anything. My opinion is that yes, it is, perhaps criminally so, but, that is what it cost for that type of construction and some are unable to understand it. You act as if they run next door with a shovel dig it up and haul it over in a wheelbarrow. Perhaps you are just to damn dedicated to spreading the word about how awful Disney is. And doing that without ever seeing the big picture about anything, instead nitpicking small crap and making it sound like the end of the world. Do you know how much it cost per tree to move them from wherever they got them to this site in the quantities that are required to keep everyone's OCD in check about possibly spotting something from another land? I don't think you do and it was just one part of the construction I was talking about and if you are about to say that they do that much for every attraction, you would be wrong.
My problem is you constantly spewing ignorant nonsense and then demanding it be the bounds of all posts. I don’t have to know the cost of mature trees offhand to realize you are again posting bunk. Using mature trees is not something extreme nor are the costs some big secret, and they most definitely aren’t going to drive up the cost of a project by tens of millions of dollars.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom