Toy Story Land expansion announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

danlb_2000

Premium Member
DW0sbLWW0AEzIg2.jpg:medium

Is this area opening up before the land? It looks like it's getting done pretty quick.

Disney does tend push back construction wall as soon as they can so it wouldn't surprise me if they did.

Legendary

Ha! :D

I've been wanting to go back to Disney for a while now and these forums really help. Alot has changed since 2011.

I got so flustered hearing the opening date that I finally had to create an account and "air my grievances".

I'm probably the only one here that's not happy I'm going to be there opening weekend. :happy:
We were there opening weekend for Pandora and can honestly say that as long as you secure a fastpass then it should not be that bad. Yes, there was a line just to enter the land but FP holders were let in. Later in the day the bulk of the crowds dispersed and we could walk in without waiting to see it at night. For TSL to reduce your wait rope drop and FP will make your visit a lot more enjoyable.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I imagine it’ll help the forced perspective efffect making the fence look farther back than it is.

But they hid the gap with trees on both sides, so it should have made a difference if it went to the ground or not. Leaving it open just required them to plant more trees to hide the opening.

tonymu

Premium Member
Is that official? They planted a bunch of trees to block the SWL site. Seems easy not too if it’s backstage.View attachment 266678View attachment 266679
I know it has been mentioned many times that the entire area will be closed off and become backstage. Why wouldn't they leave it open up to the 2nd archway, wall it off there and leave the already themed area as an expanded meet and greet area. They have definitely not built anything for meet and greets in the new area.

HauntedMansionFLA

I know it has been mentioned many times that the entire area will be closed off and become backstage. Why wouldn't they leave it open up to the 2nd archway, wall it off there and leave the already themed area as an expanded meet and greet area. They have definitely not built anything for meet and greets in the new area.
This ^^^^^^^^

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom