Toy Story Land expansion announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

nickys

Premium Member
Not sure I understand your point. I can assure you that none of the general public is measuring the alignment of the "slinky" train nor the fact that it isn't anywhere near that completion yet. We do!...** However, the vast, vast, vast majority of the world does not. They aren't buying advertising for us addicts.
I have more important things to do, but, I realize that many do get themselves twisted into knots over unimportant things like that.

Yes, but this is a forum for discussing all things Disney. I'm sure no one is getting "twisted into knots" over things like this, and that everyone has lots of important things in their life. But when we choose to be on here we can, and do, like to debate stuff like this. That's what a fan site on the internet is all about.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Yes, but this is a forum for discussing all things Disney. I'm sure no one is getting "twisted into knots" over things like this, and that everyone has lots of important things in their life. But when we choose to be on here we can, and do, like to debate stuff like this. That's what a fan site on the internet is all about.

Don't mind him, he always get's annoyed when he sees discussion of Disney on a Disney message board. ;)

Goofyernmost

Don't mind him, he always get's annoyed when he sees discussion of Disney on a Disney message board. ;)
So you joined the club too. We were discussing a promotional thing that "happened" to find it's way to this board. It was not meant for us, it was meant for the general public. All I was saying is it is only those of us on this and other DISNEY BOARDS usually can only find fault to discuss. It should be called the Disney Downer Board. If Disney gave us a plastic bucket filled with gold all we would hear about is the the bucket was plastic... Disney fail. And, just out of curiosity, how is anything I said an upset because it was on a Disney board. It was an upset about the mind bending trivia of the discussion.
But, there are so many real things to be discussing. The only way any of you accept it as discussion is when all the discussion agrees with your opinions. And, in case you missed it, I don't agree that the magnitude of the issue justifies insulting and condescending reactions to others. I will agree and apologize for the "more important things to do" comment it was out of line, but, not intended the way it came across. I am just hardwired differently in my opinion of things that are worth enough concern to have another downer discussion of the perceived failures of Disney. I really wish in life I had been as much of a failure as Disney has been since Walt and Roy passed away.

the.dreamfinder

Not sure I understand your point. I can assure you that none of the general public is measuring the alignment of the "slinky" train nor the fact that it isn't anywhere near that completion yet. We do!...** However, the vast, vast, vast majority of the world does not. They aren't buying advertising for us addicts.
I have more important things to do, but, I realize that many do get themselves twisted into knots over unimportant things like that.
Suppose you don’t know how to see images, or know anything about corporate marketing. The TSL image features people out of scale, relative to the space and one another, and inconsistent lighting. If this had been an illustration, perhaps it would have been more obvious. Photorealistic images can trick you into accepting incorrect representations of things, like the stretched leg on the “Ready Player One” poster, because your mind acknowledges the texture.

WRT the marketing process on a big job like TSL, they had plenty of opportunities to fix this. The team that worked on the project, probably Yellow Shoes, has been going through many, many approaches and iterations of the marketing materials. To let such an obvious mistake get through is careless after so much time and resources have been spent to prepare it. It’s like they needed a final quality review before they signed off on the materials.

The details matter and people who aren’t in our bubble will feel the cheapness of the ad and go on about their day not thinking about booking a trip. Plus, I can guarantee you such a mistake will not happen when the Galaxy’s Edge material comes out.

Last edited:

nickys

Premium Member
So you joined the club too. We were discussing a promotional thing that "happened" to find it's way to this board. It was not meant for us, it was meant for the general public. All I was saying is it is only those of us on this and other DISNEY BOARDS usually can only find fault to discuss. It should be called the Disney Downer Board. If Disney gave us a plastic bucket filled with gold all we would hear about is the the bucket was plastic... Disney fail. And, just out of curiosity, how is anything I said an upset because it was on a Disney board. It was an upset about the mind bending trivia of the discussion.

But, there are so many real things to be discussing. The only way any of you accept it as discussion is when all the discussion agrees with your opinions. And, in case you missed it, I don't agree that the magnitude of the issue justifies insulting and condescending reactions to others. I will agree and apologize for the "more important things to do" comment it was out of line, but, not intended the way it came across. I am just hardwired differently in my opinion of things that are worth enough concern to have another downer discussion of the perceived failures of Disney. I really wish in life I had been as much of a failure as Disney has been since Walt and Roy passed away.

First off, apology accepted. :)

But come on. Seriously? What are you on about? "The only way any of you accept it as discussion is when all the discussion agrees with your opinions". People have opinions, people post them. Other people post different opinions. Then the discussion goes back and forth. That's what a discussion is, it's a conversation conducted over the internet, because we happen to share a common interest. I don't see the problem here!

I know that I have both agreed and disagreed with certain people on different subjects, sometimes pretty strongly. And in some cases I've decided to walk away rather than carry on going round in endless circles (Star Wars resort thread for one).

You seem to perceive anyone else who doesn't agree with your opinion as a "Disney Downer. Ok, so on this thread we are not too impressed with the photoshopping artwork. But have you seen the discussions on Tron, on Rat, on Brazil, on the UK ride, on the Gondolas? You're saying "we" are all complaining? Errr, no! I think you'll find we're not. Whoever "we" are.

On the other hand, I do accept there are some who definitely seem to manage to disagree with everything and anything that is posted. They are, thankfully, few and far between though. ;)

Goofyernmost

Suppose you don’t know how to see images, or know anything about corporate marketing. The TSL image features people out of scale, realtive to the space and one another, and inconsistent lighting. If this had been an illustration, perhaps it would have been more obvious. Photorealistic images can trick you into accepting incorrect representations of things, like the stretched leg on the “Ready Player One” poster, because your mind acknowledges the texture.

WRT the marketing process on a big job like TSL, they had plenty of opportunities to fix this. The team that worked on the project, probably Yellow Shoes, has been going through many, many approaches and iterations of the marketing materials. To let such an obvious mistake get through is careless after so much time and resources have been spent to prepare it. It’s like they needed a final quality review before they signed off on the materials.

The details matter and people who aren’t in our bubble will feel the cheapness of the ad and go on about their day not thinking about booking a trip. Plus, I can guarantee you such a mistake will not happen when the Galaxy’s Edge material comes out.
The point is that no one other then OCD fans or people that do that stuff for a living would notice anything out of sorts with the posters or whatever they are. I am one of the people that, although I was in print advertising for 14 years would know that the public does not take out a magnifying glass and study the thing for total accuracy any more then the general public cared about the Mine Train appearing to go faster then it actually did. It is a fantasy poster promoting a fantasy land. Reality need not enter into it unless you expect to someday be shrunk down to the size of a child's toy. The depiction shown was quite sufficient to stimulate that fantasy. Perfection of scale and even location are not necessary for it to be an effective advertising. But, if you want to go ahead and just beat a dead horse, don't let me stop you. I will refrain from this particular discussion for the foreseeable future. That is unless everyone continues to attempt to ridicule me and try and convince themselves that I am nothing more then an old fool. Then I might just come out swinging.

Goofyernmost

But come on. Seriously? What are you on about? "The only way any of you accept it as discussion is when all the discussion agrees with your opinions". People have opinions, people post them. Other people post different opinions. Then the discussion goes back and forth. That's what a discussion is, it's a conversation conducted over the internet, because we happen to share a common interest. I don't see the problem here!

I know that I have both agreed and disagreed with certain people on different subjects, sometimes pretty strongly. And in some cases I've decided to walk away rather than carry on going round in endless circles (Star Wars resort thread for one).

You seem to perceive anyone else who doesn't agree with your opinion as a "Disney Downer. Ok, so on this thread we are not too impressed with the photoshopping artwork. But have you seen the discussions on Tron, on Rat, on Brazil, on the UK ride, on the Gondolas? You're saying "we" are all complaining? Errr, no! I think you'll find we're not. Whoever "we" are.

On the other hand, I do accept there are some who definitely seem to manage to disagree with everything and anything that is posted. They are, thankfully, few and far between though. ;)
Seriously, how often to you hear me contradict something that has any heft or reality. I used to love Disney, but, thanks to all the Debbie Downers that can only find fault with everything my excitement has declined completely. Think of it as a favor to all of you. I am the only one that has expressed my upset over the minuscule knit picking that happens constantly from pretty much the same few people. If I hadn't all of you would have patted yourselves on the back and walked away convinced that your concern was legitimate. It may be a concern, but, it is not necessarily a legitimate concern. In other words, it is possible that you folks are wrong and hyperboling a situation that really isn't a situation for anyone but a few of you. Sorry if my viewpoint contractions some of our finest armchair theme park experts.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
The point is that no one other then OCD fans or people that do that stuff for a living would notice anything out of sorts with the posters or whatever they are. I am one of the people that, although I was in print advertising for 14 years would know that the public does not take out a magnifying glass and study the thing for total accuracy any more then the general public cared about the Mine Train appearing to go faster then it actually did. It is a fantasy poster promoting a fantasy land. Reality need not enter into it unless you expect to someday be shrunk down to the size of a child's toy. The depiction shown was quite sufficient to stimulate that fantasy. Perfection of scale and even location are not necessary for it to be an effective advertising. But, if you want to go ahead and just beat a dead horse, don't let me stop you. I will refrain from this particular discussion for the foreseeable future. That is unless everyone continues to attempt to ridicule me and try and convince themselves that I am nothing more then an old fool. Then I might just come out swinging.

If you have a problem with OCD fans, why are you reading a message board devoted to Disney World! This is like going on a Harley Davidson message board and being surprised that they are obsessing over the exact shade of grey used on a new bike.

lazyboy97o

Like everything he rants about, he doesn’t really know what is being discussed and therefore doesn’t like it being discussed. It’s the same thing over and over again. If he doesn’t know about it then it is not really a thing and nobody else should know about it or discuss it.

Rutt

Suppose you don’t know how to see images, or know anything about corporate marketing. The TSL image features people out of scale, realtive to the space and one another, and inconsistent lighting. If this had been an illustration, perhaps it would have been more obvious. Photorealistic images can trick you into accepting incorrect representations of things, like the stretched leg on the “Ready Player One” poster, because your mind acknowledges the texture.

Rutt

Funny I was just about to point out how amateurish and silly that leg looks, like a mistake my 8 year old would make.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I'm sure you have heard of Disney Magic. I do have to wonder why so many people have to find fault with everything, like everything that they themselves do is absolute perfection. All kidding aside... this is done to set a mood and hyperbole it to something that people can't wait to do when they visit. It was never intended to be hung in the Louvre! It's freaking advertising.

Because it was poorly done... in the eyes of people who notice such things. The families in the pictures and their exact poses are recognizable (to me) from other advertising (Pandora). As someone who does amateur 'shopping, the mistakes in lighting are glaring to me, and they were supposedly done by a professional who got paid for it.

What the ad department has done in the past is to add filters to such painted and shopped pictures to blur the details to make it look artsy and hide the imperfections. Here, they went with photorealism and failed (not horribly, but noticeably). And you don't have to be OCD to notice such things. But, you do have to be a jerk to label it OCD, but hey, thanks for labeling me "OCD" because I noticed.

Apparently, you don't actually have more important things to do given your history on these boards. You criticize the critics for criticizing. So, that applies to yourself. But you seem immune to such ironic self-awareness. In adopting the persona of a grumpy old man, you make it a self-fulfilling stereotype.

Learn a new way of interacting with us on the forums, please. Old dogs can learn new tricks.

po1998

Bioreconstructs latest aerials show they have started a bit. And it's not like it's that much anyway:
DThn5CGU8AAnUlF.jpg:large
What are the 3 new structures going up(where the two arrows on the left are pointing towards)? I take it one of them is the new entrance to TSMM. What about the one with the slanted roof, and the one with the green walls?

danlb_2000

Premium Member
What are the 3 new structures going up(where the two arrows on the left are pointing towards)? I take it one of them is the new entrance to TSMM. What about the one with the slanted roof, and the one with the green walls?

The bottom one is a quick server resturant with outdoor seating and restrooms. The two structures directly about it are the new entrance queue to TSMM. The third arrow on the right is just pointing out the scafolding that is being used to work on the back of the TSMM building.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Slanted roof is the beginning of the TSMM new entrance, the building attached to it continues it.

The green building is the new QS, Woody's Lunchbox and restrooms.

po1998

The bottom one is a quick server resturant with outdoor seating and restrooms. The two structures directly about it are the new entrance queue to TSMM. The third arrow on the right is just pointing out the scafolding that is being used to work on the back of the TSMM building.
Wow. That is some extended queue! Is some of the current inside queue going away, that they needed this extra queue taking up a good chuck of TSL footprint?

I haven't been on TSMM since the 3rd track opened, so I'm not sure what is going on with the indoor queue from when they only had two tracks.

nickys

Premium Member
Wow. That is some extended queue! Is some of the current inside queue going away, that they needed this extra queue taking up a good chuck of TSL footprint?

I haven't been on TSMM since the 3rd track opened, so I'm not sure what is going on with the indoor queue from when they only had two tracks.

I would think the current inside queue is on the wrong side of the building for the new entrance on the Toy Story Land side. Possibly the layout of the ride doesn't allow for the queue to get through the building to join the current one.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom