Toy Story Land expansion announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

DisneyRoy

It doesn't look like anything has been mentioned about HISTK playground. Do we expect that to be themed along with this stuff? It doesn't look like this land will stretch that far, but I guess you never know.

RMichael21

I don't like the idea of calling HE a "ride" to begin with. It's an attraction that ultimately acts as a transportation device with fairly weak stories between trips.

It's more of a cool experience than anything that isn't worth waiting more than 5 minutes for.
I kind of agree with you, but most people define a ride as an experience where you sit down and move through scenes or scenery. That's exactly what HE does, while being a transportation device at the same time.

Next Big Thing

I personally think HE is a great D Ticket attraction. Way better than 7DMT.
I won't reute you on that because of the incredible immersion. I can say it is definitely has a great queue on both ends, incredibly immersive. And I love the pepper's ghost effect on the Diagon side. Stepping on the train for the first time was really cool. Like I said, it's a great experience.

But the difference is I could go without riding this attraction again in my life (now that i've done it a few times times) and not care. SDMT is at least a little fun whereas I find myself bored on the HE.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
SO very TRUE.
In fact, not only caught up, but a perfect predictor of the next couple of years of threads like this in particular. I'm thinking I will just set my alarm for two years from now, and check back in this thread then- see if anything real is being discussed since construction should have begun (save myself a lot of headache).
At least once they break ground the construction updates are fun to see. A year of "why no Doors Coaster?" is gonna be tough to deal with. Maybe they break ground by this winter:)

twebber55

Realistically I think Star Wars was announced because their hands were tied. They could not get away with another tease and as a result it had to be revealed for both DL/DHS. There was a reason Scott Trowbridge said like five times it would be a while...

Toy Story was also a bit of a 'had to' move.

The funny thing is I think the 'medium term' projects were the ones left off the table. Both Marvel at DL and Mystery Pixar at DHS were held back because they actually could get away with not saying anything. I also think we'll see those both before Star Wars, but who knows, maybe Star Wars did get really fast tracked after all.

I said it before D23 as well, we are still too early for a DHS redo announcement. I know we saw a few parts of it and everyone has equated it as 'the announcement'. However, we probably have another year or so before they actually acknowledge that there is a big makeover happening and not just two isolated projects.
perfectly said

lazyboy97o

I disagree, only recognizable toys from the movies should be used. Yes, that does include a lot of junk but it still has to be on theme.

I'm getting a sense you don't like this idea, that's OK.
Where are the recognizable roller coaster, flat ride or carny game toys from the movie? By your own criteria the land is not on theme.

maxairmike

If they don't close it right away, I wonder if you could get pictures of that area from the LMA grandstand?

If you sit up in the top left corner as you face the "stage" and then exit using those stairs in the upper corner you should get a pretty good view of the area. You can definitely see they've done next to nothing to Catastrophe Canyon and the rest of the props in that area from up there.

rioriz

img_3592_104.jpg
Nope...won't do it for me...even if it looks like the DPS one it is a better coaster car...
toy storyland2.JPG

rioriz

I don't like the idea of calling HE a "ride" to begin with. It's an attraction that ultimately acts as a transportation device with fairly weak stories between trips.

It's more of a cool experience than anything that isn't worth waiting more than 5 minutes for.
This troubles my conscious...cause HE is definitely a good ride however I have the same "feeling" riding the monorail from TTA to Epcot...it is all about transporting you from one world's to another...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom