Toy Story Land expansion announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

Rutt

To me, an off-the-shelf coaster is pre-designed by the manufacturer. Slinky is a custom design. To suggest a coaster is OTS because the track design is available to other theme parks would leave every WDW coaster OTS, which is a bit absurd. I also am not aware of the A S S system being available to non-Disney parks. A whip ride, sure, but the Disney model is a bit more complex than the classic flat ride. In any event, If we are using your definition, most of WDW's rides are OTS.
Pretty much all rides anywhere would be...

lazyboy97o

To me, an off-the-shelf coaster is pre-designed by the manufacturer. Slinky is a custom design. To suggest a coaster is OTS because the track design is available to other theme parks would leave every WDW coaster OTS, which is a bit absurd. I also am not aware of the A S S system being available to non-Disney parks. A whip ride, sure, but the Disney model is a bit more complex than the classic flat ride. In any event, If we are using your definition, most of WDW's rides are OTS.
While a stock roller coaster layout is definitely more inline with the term "off the shelf," custom layouts are very common.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
So I heard yesterday that the alien spinner is supposed to be more like Luigi's rollickin roadsters (trackless) rather than Mater's Junyard Jamorbee. Did this person have it wrong?

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Mater
upload_2017-6-9_10-8-28.png

A S S

upload_2017-6-9_10-9-4.png

lazyboy97o

To the level of Disney or Universal though? I mean, i may be wrong but the suggestion appears to be that these coasters are no big deal and the level of theming can be found anywhere.

Regardless, I disagree with your assertion.
This coaster is going to have some props around it. The level of "theming" is minimal and works more as decoration. Other than that it is a regular coaster out in the open just like anyone else would build. It is no big deal.

Brian Swan

Is DL's ToonTown a land? Is Critter Country?
Critter Country has one of the favorite "E" tickets (Splash), a "reasonable "C" ticket (Pooh), shops,and a restaurant that's occasionally open. Toontown has one of the best "C" dark rides (Roger Rabbit), a kiddie coaster, and when it opened, the Jolly Trolly, two play areas, and a "food court" plus several M&Gs. And some of the best immersive theming in the park. Although "small" lands, I would consider them to be "lands". And I certainly seen them advertised as "lands" in Disney literature.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom