Toy Story Land expansion announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

Princess Leia

1. Do we have any update on how the teardown is going? I feel like all of this should be happening faster than it is.
2. TSL really, really needs a third attraction (that isn't Toy Story Mania). I'm not sure what, exactly, but at this point, I'd even take 'Karaoke with Wheezy'.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
1. Do we have any update on how the teardown is going? I feel like all of this should be happening faster than it is.
2. TSL really, really needs a third attraction (that isn't Toy Story Mania). I'm not sure what, exactly, but at this point, I'd even take 'Karaoke with Wheezy'.

At this point, I believe everything that is being torn down for TSL has be taken down.
Here is a picture from over a month ago. The tower is gone, the building near the tower is where I believe a well head is and I saw a permit a while back for it's removal. We believe the building in the background is staying, at least for now, and at least some of the costume building, which is off to the left, is also staying.

image-jpeg.141333

Electricsoup

At this point, I believe everything that is being torn down for TSL has be taken down.
Here is a picture from over a month ago. The tower is gone, the building near the tower is where I believe a well head is and I saw a permit a while back for it's removal. We believe the building in the background is staying, at least for now, and at least some of the costume building, which is off to the left, is also staying.

image-jpeg.141333

There has got to be more demo coming. Honey I shrunk the kids, backlot tour - neither has had any demo as of two days ago.

Bolt

image-jpeg.141333
Additional buildings to the left were knocked down last week, too. Near the Toy Story soundstage.

wdwgreek

I'm sorry, I just can't get over this. Like... just... but... How?!?! :p

Seriously though, I thought second half of 2017 would have been a fair timeframe taking into account how slow Disney is with this stuff and the cuts that have been made. Just...how...
Jesus 2018 ill be done with law school and the bar exam. I can even fathom why its taking 2 years to build toy storyland.

DManRightHere

Jesus 2018 ill be done with law school and the bar exam. I can even fathom why its taking 2 years to build toy storyland.

And so DHS will be crawling by in 2017 too. The place is an absolute joke right now...it's going to be a very tough next few years.

We are less than 6 months away from 2017. I thought 2 years is pretty good build time for a land? Unless TSL is going to be extremely underwhelming..

Avatar opens in 2017 as well, so Disney definitely wants milk money from that land for awhile before opening another land.

Kate F

We are less than 6 months away from 2017. I thought 2 years is pretty good build time for a land? Unless TSL is going to be extremely underwhelming..

Avatar opens in 2017 as well, so Disney definitely wants milk money from that land for awhile before opening another land.
Why can we not have both lands open around the same time? DHS is in such a bad state right now, it's shameful that they can't get this open by next year.

Also, I don't want to be a pessimist, but I'm not expecting much from TSL and it doesn't seem like something that should take 2 years to build.

Pam Hates Penguins

Why can we not have both lands open around the same time? DHS is in such a bad state right now, it's shameful that they can't get this open by next year.

Also, I don't want to be a pessimist, but I'm not expecting much from TSL and it doesn't seem like something that should take 2 years to build.

True what you are saying Kate. But yeah. I think TSL will be something to tide us over for Star Wars Land or Phase 3. I'm guessing TSL will open in late 2017, or early to mid 2018. I think it's going to be summer 2018 with the way they are going.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom