Toy Story Land expansion announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

ParksAndPixels

In the Parks
Yes
Rolls eyes. Of course. Let me guess you're another insider.
IMG_8596.JPG

Welcome to the Forum

clemmo

Has anybody heard when the planned completion for TSL is? I'll say it again for the amount of theming and due to stuff cut this should be open by later next year...

Disneyhead'71

I have confirmation that the QS and Restrooms have been combined into the one structure.

TSL's budget was cut from $400 million to $250 million. The lift hill was cut so that all the stuff like the board game could be cut. The restrooms and QS was combined because one building is cheaper than 2. And in a little fit of passive aggressiveness, the imagineers cut the retail location (Al's Toy Barn).

clemmo

I have confirmation that the QS and Restrooms have been combined into the one structure.

TSL's budget was cut from $400 million to $250 million. The lift hill was cut so that all the stuff like the board game could be cut. The restrooms and QS was combined because one building is cheaper than 2. And in a little fit of passive aggressiveness, the imagineers cut the retail location (Al's Toy Barn).
Cutting retail? You know budget issues are real when they cut a retail location

Disneyhead'71

The original budget for this ridiculous land was $400 mil?! How does a family roller coaster, a spinning ride, and a couple of shops cost $400 mil?!

With the proposed/rumored $350 mil for all of Epcot's Future World, that's not very encouraging. :-/
And that DIDN'T include the 3rd track for TSMM.

ctrlaltdel

Man, that's way too much money for a land with just a couple rides and some meet and greets. Better than $400 million I guess. I'm assuming that money will not be reinvested somewhere else? At this point, I'm just hoping for one more E-ticket, especially since a full land seems to have gotten cut from Phase 3.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom