Toy Story Land expansion announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

gmajew

Premium Member
I would bet s lot money a retail spot ends up happening. It is a easy cheap building to build and they won't open with out that revenue stream.

doctornick

268 million is the current figure. Don't ask.

Planned to open second half of 2018.

The money is ridiculous but that opening timeframe is disheartening. I was assuming an early 2018 opening and hopeful for a late 2017 one -- given the relatively simplicity of this project as well as the huge need for additional content in DHS, I can't believe there is not more urgency to get this done.

doctornick

I know I'm being petty, but my OCD is forcing me to correct you. TSL is supposed to be 11 acres. Sorry, it's the OCD.:confused:
It might be less than 11 acres at this point. The announcement at D23 said 11 acres but that was the original design which has now been scaled down -- no Woody's area, no Toy Barn (gift shop) and the restrooms and quickserve were squished into one building. Wouldn't surprise me if the land were smaller and more like 9-10 acres under current plans.

RSoxNo1

I've asked this before...why do people want this door coaster concept? Don't get me wrong, I like Monsters Inc., and would be happy to see attractions based on it. And I understand some people are fans of suspended coasters which this would presumably be. Are those the only reasons people want this, because based on how often it comes up, you would think it was another Western River Expedition. I just don't see what would be appealing about a ride that takes you through a warehouse of doors. Would you be sitting "in" a door?

I'm not trying to criticize anyone's tastes; I'm genuinely curious. What do you think this ride would look like and what excites you about the concept?
It's because we're all simple minded people who have heard a concept. It's why we all want Beastly Kingdom as well. We fear the unknown.

Pam Hates Penguins

It might be less than 11 acres at this point. The announcement at D23 said 11 acres but that was the original design which has now been scaled down -- no Woody's area, no Toy Barn (gift shop) and the restrooms and quickserve were squished into one building. Wouldn't surprise me if the land were smaller and more like 9-10 acres under current plans.

My dreams of a decently sized TSL are crushed..........................................................................Now I just stare into space for the rest of my life and do nothing.............................:D

Stripes

From the concept art, it doesn't look like we've lost any land though. It looks like they just filled it with grass/roomier walking paths. I may be wrong though. Can any insiders confirm? @marni1971 ?

Pam Hates Penguins

From the concept art, it doesn't look like we've lost any land though. It looks like they just filled it with grass/roomier walking paths. I may be wrong though. Can any insiders confirm? @marni1971 ?

I don't think we're going to get too many answers right away at this time of night. The only person around this late is me....so....no I'm not an insider if you were curious.

Stripes

I'm talking to you from the future.... I had to say it...:D
Haha! :)I've always had a difficult time wrapping my head around time zones. I mean it's currently 4:01 PM tomorrow (June 19), in Sydney, Australia. And here I am on the 18th at 11:03 PM. I read actually that if you catch a plane from Sydney to LA at the right time, you can actually see 2 sunsets in one day.

Pam Hates Penguins

Haha! :)I've always had a difficult time wrapping my head around time zones. I mean it's currently 4:01 PM tomorrow (June 19), in Sydney, Australia. And here I am on the 18th at 11:03 PM. I read actually that if you catch a plane from Sydney to LA at the right time, you can actually see 2 sunsets in one day.

Well I have to cross that off my bucket list: Seeing two sunsets in one day.

Speaking of which, I'll be switching time zones in about 2 weeks. Going to Disneyland!

Stripes

Well I have to cross that off my bucket list: Seeing two sunsets in one day.

Speaking of which, I'll be switching time zones in about 2 weeks. Going to Disneyland!
Have fun!! Have you seen Cars Land before(I'm sure you have, just curious)? I'm currently on a road trip with the family. We're driving through California, Oregon, and Washington, and possibly Montana (+ a sliver of Idaho).
Edit: Which, BTW, is pretty ambitious for us, if you know what I mean. Haha!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom