Toy Story Land expansion announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

Kate F

Does anyone else think that if they were to really pick up the pace on this that they could get it open before 2018? I just think it would be pathetic if it ends up taking 2 more years for this.

Last edited:

JassiSidhu2000

I've just returned from Hong Kong, and i have to admit the Toy Story Land there was really cheap and bad.

Don't associate Disney with CHEAP, but this was just so bad it wouldn't have looked out of place in a Six Flags parks - themeing was so terrible. It doesn't seem much different from the Paris version either.

Not a good sign.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
I've just returned from Hong Kong, and i have to admit the Toy Story Land there was really cheap and bad.

Don't associate Disney with CHEAP, but this was just so bad it wouldn't have looked out of place in a Six Flags parks - themeing was so terrible. It doesn't seem much different from the Paris version either.

Not a good sign.

This isn't really news. Everyone is pretty much aware the toy story playland in HKD is horrible.

doctornick

sad thing is it doesnt add much capacity to a park that desperately needs more capacity

This. It's one thing to build a "cheap" land, but there should at least be more than two height restricted rides (and I doubt either will have all that good capacity either). For all the land they are using, there should have been like 4 rides added.

twebber55

This. It's one thing to build a "cheap" land, but there should at least be more than two height restricted rides (and I doubt either will have all that good capacity either). For all the land they are using, there should have been like 4 rides added.
i would guess that there is more capacity at toy story play land in Paris than what they are doing here

Kate F

As of now, my expectations are about as low as they could possibly be. Honestly, if DHS weren't in such a need for more attractions, particularly family-friendly ones (though I would argue rides like ToT and RnRC are family-friendly), I would be perfectly fine if we didn't get this land at all.

JohnWD

As of now, my expectations are about as low as they could possibly be. Honestly, if DHS weren't in such a need for more attractions, particularly family-friendly ones (though I would argue rides like ToT and RnRC are family-friendly), I would be perfectly fine if we didn't get this land at all.
If you read this board, most posters in the rumors area love discussing what they perceive as wrong with what Disney is doing. Why be filled with despair based on speculation? Just enjoy the back and forth discussion, and when it opens and you try it, then your feelings will be based on fact. :)

MagicHappens1971

There is no reason TSL shouldn't have been opening this summer/fall.
Yes and no. I think yes, it's taking too long, but they waited too long to clear out the BLT before announcing TSL. If all of the ground had already been leveled then yes it may have been able to open this fall, if they had already started building things off site. I'm no expert on construction but just my opinion

Sped2424

Yes and no. I think yes, it's taking too long, but they waited too long to clear out the BLT before announcing TSL. If all of the ground had already been leveled then yes it may have been able to open this fall, if they had already started building things off site. I'm no expert on construction but just my opinion
Yes and Yes. The BLT closed in september of 2014. The decision to move forward on that should have resulted in immediate construction afterward. This land is literally one outdoor bare bones coaster and a spinner ride. Therefore yes it is a damn shame they decided to not move a spec of dirt and instead close the attraction simply to save a buck or two in the meantime while they are still twiddling their fingers. 2 Years is still being generous a land of this caliber imo shouldn't take that long. Demo should have been done things should have gone vertical at this stage. Yet look at where we are.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom