Toy Story Land expansion announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

CastleBound

Like Mater's Junkyard Jamboree at DCA? The first time I rode that it was great but a few months ago it had gotten so rough it wasn't enjoyable at all.

Yea I think it's supposed to be like Mater's. Overall the attractions in this land are going to be very boring. The slinky coaster looks entirely skippable. I think without the ditches, it loses a bit of thrill for me. The hills look very flat. I know this is a family coaster, but those losses seem to kill the theming and fun. Hopefully this area swallows up some of the crowds, but doubtful.

FigmentForver96

Yea I think it's supposed to be like Mater's. Overall the attractions in this land are going to be very boring. The slinky coaster looks entirely skippable. I think without the ditches, it loses a bit of thrill for me. The hills look very flat. I know this is a family coaster, but those losses seem to kill the theming and fun. Hopefully this area swallows up some of the crowds, but doubtful.
They could probably throw a spinner and call it a day and it will still have lines. You have to understand which park this is going in and how desperate it is for family quality attractions.

PinnySmart

I agree. Family coasters of late tend to do well such as Firechaser Express at Dollywood but it is built on the side of a mountain and actually has a cool show scene before the second backwards launch. If Slinky Dog is just a bare coaster without the trenches as it looks I will be disappointed. I will wait until I see it but I'm not optimistic. Disney really has the opportunity to do something cool but we all know how that has gone as of late.

Mike S

For those defending Slinky because it's a family coaster, Big Thunder Mountain is also a family coaster. It's no excuse for them to cheap out. Sure it'll probably be fun but I still yearn for the Pixar Place we never got. Instead we have another Toy Story Land. I did like Mater's in Cars Land but that land also had RSR.

CJR

For those defending Slinky because it's a family coaster, Big Thunder Mountain is also a family coaster. It's no excuse for them to cheap out. Sure it'll probably be fun but I still yearn for the Pixar Place we never got. Instead we have another Toy Story Land. I did like Mater's in Cars Land but that land also had RSR.

This! I've had fun at Six Flags. If we're paying just to have fun, we can go some place else. Guests are paying for the Disney quality... which is apparently not what it once was.

JohnWD

... Sure it'll probably be fun... I did like Mater's in Cars Land...

Be careful - you are leaving yourself open for criticism from the elite.... :)

Not directed at you @Mike S , but it's easy to express opinions about how bad each ride will be - those type of comments will get a lot of positive reinforcements. Unless you're someone like @Siren , "defending" type comments will just be met with derision, so why bother posting. Whether a ride is good or not really takes riding it along with the intended audience. But the theming can also play a big part in enjoying the whole area - we will see how Disney does on this.

I love watching the construction process, so that is the part I'm focused on now.

note2001

That last video released makes Slinky Dog look amazingly boring. If the end result is as bad as this looks, even 8 year olds will steer clear of it.

wdizneew

Slinky dog coaster looks like bottom of the barrel ride for Disney. Cheap is cheap.

Unfortunately, in this day and age, everyone is glued to their phones (MM+ exacerbates this) and the "immersion" (Andy's backyard) would just be good enough....

On a positive note, this beats the other Toy Story lands in HK and DLP, DHS is finally getting more rides and a themed land.....on another negative note, it's shoehorned into a park originally themed to a movie studio... c'est la vie

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom