Toy Story Land expansion announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

Mike S

You know, I'm tired of the mindset that wants a Disney Park in numerous locations now, but refuses to finish building out the parks properly to really wow guests anymore. Disney would be a totally different place if they'd really develop a few locations fully before peppering the globe with lesser resorts... Remember kids, part of the reason Rome fell was it grew too expansive too fast and the depth and richness that once made it "great" shallowed quickly.
If the next CEO is smart Shanghai will be the last new resort for a long time.

flyerjab

If the next CEO is smart Shanghai will be the last new resort for a long time.

If they next CEO is smart, they will focus heavily on the domestic parks...and not just new restaurants and shops. They need to continue investing in Florida and Anaheim. The one thing that would irk me to no end is that there are parks in Tokyo that exceed the original domestic destinations in terms of maintenance and investment (i.e., plussing of attractions).

Mike S

If they next CEO is smart, they will focus heavily on the domestic parks...and not just new restaurants and shops. They need to continue investing in Florida and Anaheim. The one thing that would irk me to no end is that there are parks in Tokyo that exceed the original domestic destinations in terms of maintenance and investment (i.e., plussing of attractions).
Parks they don't even own for that matter.

USA!!! USA!!! Lol

Fsunolekrw

One thing I was wondering about that maybe those "in the know" could answer. With all of the talk of budget cuts and such I know that in the beginning there was a phase 1 (either TSL or SWL), a phase 2 (either TSL or SWL), and then a phase 3 which did not yet have a theme but had a budget which some figured was just approved to pay for the inevitable cost overruns that would occur with phase 1 & 2. Does anyone know where it stands now with phases 1 and 2's budgets and the supposed budget for phase 3? How much was originally supposed to be available and where it stands now?

doctornick

I wonder if this area will have Cubot like in Hong Kong. Are there any other little pluses that Paris or Hong Kong have that might be incorporated into this new land?

HauntedMansionFLA

Bit of an oddball question: Did you think Randy Newman will write music to be heard at various parts of the land or could they just use the music from the movies? Just a random thought :)

Goingdown13

Also considering they took out premier theatre which was just a big box that could have been repurposed easily (compared to a GIANT grand stand) says, everything must go.

roj2323

usually cheaper to go new than to try to re-use and shoehorn in something that really doesn't fit--- looking at you, Rocket Rods...
Rocket rods could have worked if they had replaced the existing track with something banked (think roller coaster track) and made the cars shorter. The idea itself was sound, just poorly implemented.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom