Toy Story Land expansion announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

Seabasealpha1

is it just me or does it seem the coaster (which may end up looking very un-Disney like in terms of theming because they are getting cheap) take a up a lot of land that seems to only be for the coaster and pylons?
I can recall that Expedition Everest discovery channel special and Joe Rhode saying that coasters eat up a lot of land very fast... (sorry that popped in my head)

Anywho...I dunno...looks like they're going to depend more on landscaping to make it look more "backyard-y" like the lawn needs cut?

I'm more interested in that gateway thingy off to the left...what IS going on there...if it's Star Wars, does that mean that they'll shut down Star Tours too? What kinda crowds are gonna come around with one LESS major attraction...again...?

Superlazylemon

Apologies if this has already been mentioned but looking at the new concept art for the Buzz flat ride what are the chances it could be a trackless ride similar to DCA's but themed to Toy Story? Would be much more exciting that another teacups style ride.

Lirael

I'm more interested in that gateway thingy off to the left...what IS going on there...if it's Star Wars, does that mean that they'll shut down Star Tours too? What kinda crowds are gonna come around with one LESS major attraction...again...?
They might only start on that when something else is already open to compensate for the closure.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
the more I see updates to what Disney is doing, the more I feel like it is being done on the cheap in a lot of places

The new star wars show in DHS is about as entertaining as the high school musical show

I personally think Disney is too quick to try to squeeze the udder so hard so fast on certain things to get the most out of it as quickly as possible, they are giving up opportunities to really create hit attractions, shows, and rides and what we are seeing now to me is very un-Disney like. They should be raising the bar and held to a higher standard, but it's beginning to go the other direction

Last edited:

JustInTime

Other things have been mentioned yes. But I can't talk about them yet. Nor does it mean all of them will end up coming.
So the concept art for TSL appears to show Star Wars land connected. Do you know if that is accurate or is it just filler? And if it is accurate, do you know what other areas potential new lands could be going? Also, are 50's Primetime and Sc-fi still on the chopping block?

Seabasealpha1

the more I see updates to what Disney is doing, the more I feel like it is being done on the cheap in a lot of places

The new star wars show in DHS is about as entertaining as the high school musical show

I personally think Disney is too quick to try to squeeze the utter so hard so fast on certain things to get the most out of it as quickly as possible, they are giving up opportunities to really create hit attractions, shows, and rides and what we are seeing now to me is very un-Disney like. They should be raising the bar and held to a higher standard, but it's beginning to go the other direction

maxresdefault.jpg

rle4lunch

I personally think Disney is too quick to try to squeeze the utter so hard so fast on certain things to get the most out of it as quickly as possible, they are giving up opportunities to really create hit attractions, shows, and rides and what we are seeing now to me is very un-Disney like. They should be raising the bar and held to a higher standard, but it's beginning to go the other direction

*udder... just in case others are confused with that sentence. I agree, I felt the same way about dino-land over in AK, that part of the park screams six flags/busch gardens/uni (prior to Harry Potter land). HOPEFULLY, they are pouring the money into the Star Wars experience like they did with the fantasyland expansion theming, but also make the rides great...

anchorman314

I know that our insiders have said that the changes in concept art for Slinky are due to budget cuts. And I don't doubt that at all. But could the elimination of the trenches be partly caused by the ground itself? I know very little about this sort of thing, but if the water table is too high in that area, couldn't it be that having a trench would cause more problems in the long run? (keeping water from seeping in, draining any rain that gets in, etc.) If I remember correctly, they did some test drillings in this area a few months ago. Perhaps they found the ground unsuitable for permanent "dry" trenches.

There is an underpass in my town that goes under some train tracks, and it is near impossible for them to keep the bottom from pooling water and slush/ice.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I know that our insiders have said that the changes in concept art for Slinky are due to budget cuts. And I don't doubt that at all. But could the elimination of the trenches be partly caused by the ground itself? I know very little about this sort of thing, but if the water table is too high in that area, couldn't it be that having a trench would cause more problems in the long run? (keeping water from seeping in, draining any rain that gets in, etc.) If I remember correctly, they did some test drillings in this area a few months ago. Perhaps they found the ground unsuitable for permanent "dry" trenches.

There is an underpass in my town that goes under some train tracks, and it is near impossible for them to keep the bottom from pooling water and slush/ice.

The trenches were probably not going to go underground, or at least not much, they were probably going to build up around them so they just looked like trenches.

Flynnwriter

Looks like Disney cuts backs on all the rock work, details and visual details that makes Disney special. If you look at the new art work of the coaster everything is gone that makes it special. It's simply an off the shelf family coaster now with minimum theming. This sort if short sided cost saving decision is handing it all to universal .

optjay

Looks like Disney cuts backs on all the rock work, details and visual details that makes Disney special. If you look at the new art work of the coaster everything is gone that makes it special. It's simply an off the shelf family coaster now with minimum theming. This sort if short sided cost saving decision is handing it all to universal .

More like Six Flaggs!! vey plain, cheap, un special in any way. oh wait, you ride in a slinky dog. Big deal.

disney4life2008

Hmmm this doesn't look too exciting. It looks like another version of the new fantasy land. I don't understand why cars land can't be built. That attraction at Disneyland is amazing, easily top 3 of both resorts.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom