Toy Story Land expansion announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

dreamscometrue

In my opinion UP could be the best option as you could have the floating house and paradise falls. It could make a nice transition from TSL, to UP with the balloons and house, then from Paradise Falls to SWL. UP also has decent merchandise potential with the balloons, the wilderness explorer sashes and badges, the grape soda, etc. Even ride potential is there to have a Splash Mountain esque Paradise Falls attraction or a nice dark ride.
That's the IP I'd really love to see developed. I loved that movie!

HauntedMansionFLA

Let's not be thankful just yet that more Pixar is coming. If they announced Finding Nemo Land I think I'd lose it. Way over done franchise in the parks but they sure do love using it everywhere.

In my opinion UP could be the best option as you could have the floating house and paradise falls. It could make a nice transition from TSL, to UP with the balloons and house, then from Paradise Falls to SWL. UP also has decent merchandise potential with the balloons, the wilderness explorer sashes and badges, the grape soda, etc. Even ride potential is there to have a Splash Mountain esque Paradise Falls attraction or a nice dark ride.
UP is my favorite Pixar movie. Lots of potential of what you listed above. And different from DLR.

G00fyDad

UP is my favorite Pixar movie. Lots of potential of what you listed above. And different from DLR.

I would seriously love to see an UP presence, but they would have to have the house with balloons to make it worthy. Unfortunately, they could not do it and make it realistic with the high winds they sometimes have in FL. Otherwise, I would love to UP there.

HauntedMansionFLA

Let's not be thankful just yet that more Pixar is coming. If they announced Finding Nemo Land I think I'd lose it. Way over done franchise in the parks but they sure do love using it everywhere.

With finding Dory coming out soon - you never know:) But I agree with Up being put in there.

G00fyDad

They have the floating mountains of Pandora, they can do the house.

The house would be easy. Are you suggesting that they secure each balloon that is not directly against the majority (because some aren't) with large steel beams? The entire balloon setup would (in my opinion) be too hazardous and/or difficult to keep.

WhatJaneSays

I just don't think this is true.

Many people can work on different parts of this project at the same time. It's effectively demolition, putting up a few buildings and everything that entails, a flat ride(which most theme parks can pop up in no time) a rollercoaster (UK parks can build coasters over the winter months in truly atrocious weather) and some very light theming. End of May 2017 is completely doable. There's nothing revolutionary going on here. No rock work (if concept is correct), no innovative ride systems...Demolition will take some time but I think it's a sign of how perceptions have been scewed if a 13-14 month timeframe is laughed at for something like this. It looks a very simple build.

I don't think anyone here is "laughing" that a 14 month scheduled is un-doable. It's not advisable from a logistical standpoint. Just because something might be considered a simple build (which, for the scope of Disney's general builds, this could be considered one) doesn't mean it's a quick build. A project of this nature could easily top the scheduling of over 10,000 individual tasks; as many as 25-35% will be dependent on the timeline being at the correct stage of development to complete.

Building that time into the expected schedule is best practices. Especially when you're going to be sharing a lot of your physical space with one (or more) projects you have minimal control over and might end up with a higher priority level than your project does.

G00fyDad

So, with the new concept art. Can someone tell me where they are seeing the first coaster launch? I agree that there doesn't seem to be a lift hill, so I'm guessing people are just assuming a launch from the load area, is that right? Or is there something in particular that people are seeing?

RnR style launch. Linear induction (sp?)

ToTBellHop

So, with the new concept art. Can someone tell me where they are seeing the first coaster launch? I agree that there doesn't seem to be a lift hill, so I'm guessing people are just assuming a launch from the load area, is that right? Or is there something in particular that people are seeing?
No. From the queue building, you will turn right to a straight away. That straight away is an LSM launch. Like California Screamin'. It appears to now go into an over banked turn. I'm sure the coaster will be fun as it has some elements we haven't seen on a Disney Coaster. I just wish it appeared to have better theming.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom