Toy Story Land expansion announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

doctornick

I just don't think this is true.

Many people can work on different parts of this project at the same time. It's effectively demolition, putting up a few buildings and everything that entails, a flat ride(which most theme parks can pop up in no time) a rollercoaster (UK parks can build coasters over the winter months in truly atrocious weather) and some very light theming. End of May 2017 is completely doable. There's nothing revolutionary going on here. No rock work (if concept is correct), no innovative ride systems...Demolition will take some time but I think it's a sign of how perceptions have been scewed if a 13-14 month timeframe is laughed at for something like this. It looks a very simple build.

I'm hoping that the scaling back of the land could mean a quicker build. It would be nice to see TSL finished by the end of 2017 -- which should be plausible given how relatively straightforward the land is (as you mention). The time limiting thing was clearing out the backstage buildings so they could be demolished -- it sounds like that has mostly been done at this point, so we should get land clearing soon

Rteetz

The people who have high friends would have told me they had friends who knew if Cars Land was coming or not.
People here have repeatedly told you it isn't coming. Just look around you can tell who knows things and who doesn't it's not that hard. People aren't going to specifically message you and say oh carsland isn't coming because so and so told me so. That's not how it works.

djkidkaz

Let's not be thankful just yet that more Pixar is coming. If they announced Finding Nemo Land I think I'd lose it. Way over done franchise in the parks but they sure do love using it everywhere.

In my opinion UP could be the best option as you could have the floating house and paradise falls. It could make a nice transition from TSL, to UP with the balloons and house, then from Paradise Falls to SWL. UP also has decent merchandise potential with the balloons, the wilderness explorer sashes and badges, the grape soda, etc. Even ride potential is there to have a Splash Mountain esque Paradise Falls attraction or a nice dark ride.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom