Toy Story Land expansion announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

olie64

Just scanning the video wish I would have seen it in its true form. Just like I wish I would have made it to DL before all the closing. Darn to being only 26. Just not making enough to continue to go to WDW ever year DL just cost to much travel wise to get there.

Mike S

Just scanning the video wish I would have seen it in its true form. Just like I wish I would have made it to DL before all the closing. Darn to being only 26. Just not making enough to continue to go to WDW ever year DL just cost to much travel wise to get there.
Do what I did. Go with other people that you can split the price of everything with (friends, siblings, etc.). Works wonders and helps make it WAY more affordable. I even went to Vegas :)

olie64

My wife and I have went the last four years. We picked up two extra title at work to just pay for Disney haha. My family not big travelers to anything but a beach but 17 trip I plan on bring my sister and her husband to save some money.

Kate F

The main issue with TSL is lack of new rides. We're getting 2, but most people on this board (including myself) were hoping for more than that, especially with the lack of attractions currently at DHS. I really hope TSL gets a third new attraction, even if its something simple like a show (which was rumored a while back).
I agree and I think it's also the fact that Toy Story has so much park presence already, with two shooting rides, a whole section at the All Star Movies Resort, multiple meet and greets, parades, and a lot of merchandise. There's also the concern about the whole "size of a toy" concept and that the land will just consist of giant, plastic looking structures that will look tacky. I think that there should be more than two attractions as well, but I think the theme is what people are most disappointed by.

ToTBellHop

I agree and I think it's also the fact that Toy Story has so much park presence already, with two shooting rides, a whole section at the All Star Movies Resort, multiple meet and greets, parades, and a lot of merchandise. There's also the concern about the whole "size of a toy" concept and that the land will just consist of giant, plastic looking structures that will look tacky. I think that there should be more than two attractions as well, but I think the theme is what people are most disappointed by.
They shouldn't have been surprised however.

Next Big Thing

Then you consider the loss of The Art of Animation, The Backlot Tour (the big one or the smaller ones), LMA, One Mans Dream, Superstar Television, Monster Sound Show / Sounds Dangerous and the Backlot Theatre. Two Es a D and one C don't really make up for that. Yet.
- Superstar = Frozen
- AoA = Launch Bay
- SD = Closed since mid-200's; not related to this work
- OMD had a fairly small capacity which TSL will more than make up for (in walking room and rides)
- LMA has only been performing 2 shows a day for years now
- BLT was begging to be closed since LMA opened.
- They've also built Sunset showcase for extra capacity when needed.
- Also, for the time being, Sorcerer Mickey is meeting in the old Narnia building for added capacity (until the dozers come).

Honestly, your list is a bunch of things that, yes have closed, but most have been replaced, not related or TSL will be a better alternative than what was there (will draw more people). It just seems like you're grasping at straws to create an argument that isn't really there.

Next Big Thing

I'm not the apologist.

And if you look closer I didn't say the list was related to "this work".
I'm not an apologist either. The park is the worst Disney park in the world right now. But you make it out to be even worse than the situation is. Half of what you stated is a non-issue.

Next Big Thing

Thank you. Your opinion is clear now.
Yes, it certainly is. And so is yours.

I'm far from an apologist. I declined to renew my Annual Pass this year and went for the Premiere Pass at Universal and an AP at SW since both parks have exciting new rides opening this year and Disney has Frozen... a rethemed, 30-year old boat ride that doesn't belong. I also get plenty of concerts that I actually care about included in my Uni and SW passes.

It just happens that I have a slightly differing opinion on the park and apparently if someone disagrees with your opinion, they're an "apologist".

And if you look closer I didn't say the list was related to "this work".
Then you shouldn't post it under the "Studios Redevelopment" sub-forum.

G00fyDad

Here's a little something to break up the tension...

giphy.gif

SirLink

- Superstar = Frozen
- AoA = Launch Bay
- SD = Closed since mid-200's; not related to this work
- OMD had a fairly small capacity which TSL will more than make up for (in walking room and rides)
- LMA has only been performing 2 shows a day for years now
- BLT was begging to be closed since LMA opened.
- They've also built Sunset showcase for extra capacity when needed.
- Also, for the time being, Sorcerer Mickey is meeting in the old Narnia building for added capacity (until the dozers come).

Honestly, your list is a bunch of things that, yes have closed, but most have been replaced, not related or TSL will be a better alternative than what was there (will draw more people). It just seems like you're grasping at straws to create an argument that isn't really there.

Martins larger point was your replacing 8 attractions with 4, and even if you didn't like Disney per se - AoA was more universally appealing for looking at how animators work than Launch Bay...

Last edited:

Next Big Thing

Martins larger point was your replacing 7 attractions with 4, and even if you didn't like Disney per se - AoA was more universally appealing for looking at how animators work than Launch Bay...
I can see that in some ways, but it's 4 rides as opposed to 7 shows/walkthrough attractions (with the exception of BLT).

I have no illusions that the TSL rides will be great, but the park has desperately lacked rides and this will begin to remedy that.

SirLink

I can see that in some ways, but it's 4 rides as opposed to 7 shows/walkthrough attractions (with the exception of BLT).

I have no illusions that the TSL rides will be great, but the park has desperately lacked rides and this will begin to remedy that.

The park currently has 13 attractions (14 with BLT) lose 7(8) and add 4 = so 10 attractions in total. It hasn't gained anything it just lost capacity, yet again.

mm52200

In my opinion the shows/exhibits have more value than the replacement of them with two off the shelf rides in the form of the Green Alien Ride and Slinky Coaster. Imagine if you took Country Bear Jamboree, Hall of Presidents, Enchanted Tiki Room, and Philharmagic out of MK but said oh it's better cause they're being replaced with another tea cup style ride, and another Dumbo spinner. But it's fine cause its two rides instead of shows....

Next Big Thing

In my opinion the shows/exhibits have more value than the replacement of them with two off the shelf rides in the form of the Green Alien Ride and Slinky Coaster. Imagine if you took Country Bear Jamboree, Hall of Presidents, Enchanted Tiki Room, and Philharmagic out of MK but said oh it's better cause they're being replaced with another tea cup style ride, and another Dumbo spinner. But it's fine cause its two rides instead of shows....
That's not even a comparison to be made because all of those are classics. The only thing that's close that could be considered a "classic" at this stage is The Magic of Animation. BLT would have been considered one years and years ago, but that was before they butchered it.

Next Big Thing

The park currently has 13 attractions (14 with BLT) lose 7(8) and add 4 = so 10 attractions in total. It hasn't gained anything it just lost capacity, yet again.
If you are accounting for the loss of Idol and Animation, then there's no loss of capacity there. If anything, the amount of people that go to those areas has increased with two popular franchises now replacing them. The amount of people that actually see LMA per day is quite sad too. This and SWL will help to spread the park out - bring people away from ToT and RNRC - and over to the other side of the park.

Right now, anything over on that side of the park is virtually wasted space as barely anyone walks past TSMM to SoA unless you come from Star Tours.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom