Toy Story Land expansion announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

dstrawn9889

That's not 7 more lands. It's 1 full one , and 2 mini lands with c tickets . I know it's not happening . One can't dream I guess.
dreaming is allowed, but in the imagineering thread, we are talking very likely(according to insiders) the attraction count and approximate positioning, not blue sky

ToTBellHop

That's not 7 more lands. It's 1 full one , and 2 mini lands with c tickets . I know it's not happening . One can't dream I guess.
Yes, one can, as long as he doesn't work for WDI. No dreaming there. Just build what Bob tells you to build. And character dance parties.

Fox&Hound

The slinky dog ride IS the rollercoaster.

It will be somewhere between Seven Dwarves and Barnstormer in scale.
So if Toy Story Mania is the E-ticket, Slinky coaster is the D ticket and the Green Alien whip ride is a C ticket.

Oh, I know! I meant, the Slinky Dog roller coaster is a lot better than the slinky dog spinner/kiddie ride we thought we were getting straight from Toy Story Playland. I was responding to another poster who said "Since when is a roller coaster automatically a major ride?" I'd argue that a family roller coaster akin to 7DMT is a major addition to the land and should not be dismissed.

I'm super excited for this land and am really looking forward to how it will enhance DHS!

Jon81uk

Oh, I know! I meant, the Slinky Dog roller coaster is a lot better than the slinky dog spinner/kiddie ride we thought we were getting straight from Toy Story Playland.
Ah, okay. I never expected to get the Toy Story Playland rides. It was said very early on they wouldn't be clones of Paris/HK and more likely clones of Carsland. And of course we got one new ride and one clone of Mater's from Cars Jamboree ride.

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
Regardless of the park, the coasters come from the same few vendors. If you want to know how much just a coaster is going to cost then those other parks where they just build the coaster is the best example.

Revenge of the Mummy being in the same range as Hollywood Rip Ride Rock It shows the problem with that coaster as a point of comparison.

One way to nail down the cost of a coaster it to write the themed entertainment enterprise building the aformentioned coaster and let them know that for educational purposes you'd like to foot the bill. I've done this several times. It helps to have a friend in the loan industry who can front you the money. One issue is that Clammy can get really threatening and insulting if you can't come up with 40.6 million in what he considers a timely fashion.

olie64

Formerly (during my visits), there was a trio of rides. Currently, I believe there is a duo of attractions to entertain and explore, but very soon a triumvirate of amusement will be back.
Thank you. I have never been to DL mainly cause I live in the Midwest and WDW has more for us to see. Acreage wise how does i compare to TSL

olie64

Carlands is know for it themeing correct? I know I'm still new to WDW as I went for the first that I can remember in 2013 at 23 so i don't remember the good ol days as some on thread seem to like. Is the whole reason people are bashing TSL because it wont be as good of theme as say carsland? I liked NFL though.

Last edited:

Chef Kronk

Carlands is know for it themeing correct? I know I'm still new to WDW as I went for the first that I can remember in 2013 at 23 so i don't remember the good ol days as some on thread seem to like. Is the whole reason people are bashing TSL because it wont be as good of theme as say carsland? I liked NFL though.

The main issue with TSL is lack of new rides. We're getting 2, but most people on this board (including myself) were hoping for more than that, especially with the lack of attractions currently at DHS. I really hope TSL gets a third new attraction, even if its something simple like a show (which was rumored a while back).

lazyboy97o

"Theming" is more than just props and an aesthetic. Any ride could be in the land. The theme provides little added experience, merely justify rides as rides.

olie64

The main issue with TSL is lack of new rides. We're getting 2, but most people on this board (including myself) were hoping for more than that, especially with the lack of attractions currently at DHS. I really hope TSL gets a third new attraction, even if its something simple like a show (which was rumored a while back).

A show could be interesting.

danlb_2000

Premium Member

Having visited Carsland, I would say there are two things that make it so great. First is Radiator Springs Racers which is a very ambitious E-ticket ride and one of my favorite theme park attractions. The second thing is the placemaking. When you walk into the land you feel like you are walking into Radiator Spirngs. The amount of detail in the land is amazing.

RSoxNo1

TBH, I think Toy Story Land is a necessary addition albeit not necessarily one that we're excited about. The attraction lineup at DHS is short, but strong. While every park could use new E tickets, DHS is only D and E tickets right now. Adding a B (Alien whip ride) and a C/D (Slinky Dog Coaster) makes sense when you consider that Star Wars is likely adding two more E's. I'm disappointed they didn't do the Alien Flying Saucers ride as a trackless system with an alternative whip ride, but I'm not really bothered by it. The park should have 4 new rides over the next 3-4 years which is nice.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
The park should have 4 new rides over the next 3-4 years which is nice.

Then you consider the loss of The Art of Animation, The Backlot Tour (the big one or the smaller ones), LMA, One Mans Dream, Superstar Television, Monster Sound Show / Sounds Dangerous and the Backlot Theatre. Two Es a D and one C don't really make up for that. Yet.

olie64

I never saw the draw of LMA once you saw it once never had a desire to see it again, or Blacklot(I rode it like 2 months before it closed). Art of Animation was cool though. The other three must have been gone before I went. One Man's Dream is for sure getting closed?[/QUOTE]

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom