Toy Story Land Already Disappointing?

Chef Mickey

Original Poster
So, which are you going to choose "give it a chance" or "be skeptical"? You're contradicting yourself. Also, you're being skeptical over one single rendering of TSL.

7DMT isn't the centerpiece of Fantasyland, Cinderella Castle is. It's the centerpiece of that land, that park, the WDW Resort, and basically of their movie division.

As far as 7DMT goes it wasn't even a part of the original New Fantasyland design. It was added to balance out all of the girl-centric additions that Disney was going to add to that land. The location of 7DMT is confined to that small location. There was nothing else
they were going to be able to do about the length of the ride. The focal point of that ride is the mine itself. That's what makes that
attraction special.

Toy Story Midway Mania will continue to be the main attraction of TSL. There is no height limitation on TSMM, but there will be one
on the roller coaster. The popularity of TSMM is the reason why they are adding a third track.
I don't consider it a failure, yet; I just don't have the same excitement as I did before the Iger era.

I think you can BOTH be skeptical and give it a chance. If they do what they are capable of, great...but Iger hasn't done it yet.

There is still yet another faction of people that think the proposed additions will not be good enough and is already disappointing. I can't disagree, but I am holding out hope.

Chef Mickey

Original Poster
I'm so tired of that.

Disney has never had more money and resources than they do today. I know that's the reason, but it's super frustrating.

And yes, I am excited for Toy Story, but I can already tell it has training wheels on it. I hope we end up surprised/amazed, but the Iger administration hasn't impressed when it comes to park additions.

Kate F

Or converting an existing backstage building to a construction office etc. Plenty going on, just not at the point you can stick a camera over a wall to see yet.
Sure they may have started the "behind the scenes" stuff, but that still doesn't excuse their slow pace. At this point, they really should have their shovels in the ground. It's been months since it was announced.

Kate F

Just because it was announced months ago, doesn't mean they immediately have actual plans in hand where they can start construction.
Yeah, I guess I'm just really anxious for some new rides. I'm not too excited about this land in the first place, but I still hope that they can really start getting to work on it soon.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Yeah, I guess I'm just really anxious for some new rides. I'm not too excited about this land in the first place, but I still hope that they can really start getting to work on it soon.

Avatar was over 2 years from announcement to construction starting, TSL is proceeding at lightening speed in comparison.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom