Toy Story Land Already Disappointing?

gobstoper27

It doesn't look necessarily "Thrilling" but it does look fun, and I like the concept. I don't really foresee Toy Story land as the place to go for thrilling rides. Quite frankly,I'll welcome anything new in HS with open arms!!

Chef Mickey

Original Poster
Or converting an existing backstage building to a construction office etc. Plenty going on, just not at the point you can stick a camera over a wall to see yet.
Lol, good for them. Maybe they'll give us tours of the construction office?

I think general consensus is that they move like turtles on these projects, irrespective of what box they can check to signify them "starting" it. Wake me up when there is actual work being done.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?

I think general consensus is that they move like turtles on these projects, irrespective of what box they can check to signify them "starting" it. Wake me up when there is actual work being done.

I was under the impression that the timetable for both TSL and SWL was sped up after complaints from the higher ups....

NormC

And as usual the boo birds don't want to read the forum for all the posts with permits etc. discussing what is being done including actual work and just want to whine because they can't see a spade in the ground. Could they do some things faster? Yes, I am sure they could, but to say nothing is being done is just plain wrong.

math mathson

I have not read every post, so forgive me if I repeat something. I think they are not done with HS and we will see more pixar rides right outside of Toy Story Land. Maybe a Monsters INC door coaster.

Kate F

Can we at least let it open before the crtic begins, PLEASE
If Disney were to announce a land that was composed of generic, barely-themed, Six Flags-like rides that could be found anywhere else, would we not be allowed to criticize it? I know this land will be much, much better than Six Flags, but still.

Chef Mickey

Original Poster
And as usual the boo birds don't want to read the forum for all the posts with permits etc. discussing what is being done including actual work and just want to whine because they can't see a spade in the ground. Could they do some things faster? Yes, I am sure they could, but to say nothing is being done is just plain wrong.
Permit, shermits. Honestly, I'm about as hardcore Disney as they come and one of the biggest Disney apologists on this board, but you don't have to read between the lines to understand Disney is quite slow in moving projects. I understand that there are a ton of things to do behind the scenes, but they just need to be quicker.

A company with Disney's resources can be quicker to market. They just don't have to be and that's why they choose to move slowly. They have no sense of urgency in parks that are already bursting at the seams and making good money.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
Permit, shermits. Honestly, I'm about as hardcore Disney as they come and one of the biggest Disney apologists on this board, but you don't have to read between the lines to understand Disney is quite slow in moving projects. I understand that there are a ton of things to do behind the scenes, but they just need to be quicker.

A company with Disney's resources can be quicker to market. They just don't have to be and that's why they choose to move slowly. They have no sense of urgency in parks that are already bursting at the seams and making good money.

You can speed up construction a bit, yes. But speeding up the initial design and planning before construction?...ehh, probably not the best idea in my opinion. I wouldn't rush through that stage...

Chef Mickey

Original Poster
You can speed up construction a bit, yes. But speeding up the initial design and planning before construction?...ehh, probably not the best idea in my opinion. I wouldn't rush through that stage...
You mean like they didn't rush on New Fantasyland and 7DMT and getting a subpar, even worse than planned result?

My point is, doing it the RIGHT way with the RIGHT budget is still paramount, but it can be done faster. Disney has proven that dragging their feet because of an "incredible planning" stage does nothing to improve the final result. In fact, it worsens it because the bean counters have more time to analyze how much money can be saved by taking away "unneeded" details, length, and show quality pieces.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
You mean like they didn't rush on New Fantasyland and 7DMT and getting a subpar, even worse than planned result?

My point is, doing it the RIGHT way with the RIGHT budget is still paramount, but it can be done faster. Disney has proven that dragging their feet because of an "incredible planning" stage does nothing to improve the final result. In fact, it worsens it because the bean counters have more time to analyze how much money can be saved by taking away "unneeded" details, length, and show quality pieces.

Why don't you give Disney a call and ask them where they are on this project? Maybe they will tell you that the pre-construction phases of this project are not as simple and straight-forward as you make them out to be. Or maybe they will tell you they are dragging their feet...who knows...

Mike C

Why don't you give Disney a call and ask them where they are on this project? Maybe they will tell you that the pre-construction phases of this project are not as simple and straight-forward as you make them out to be. Or maybe they will tell you they are dragging their feet...who knows...

The last new ride at DHS was 8 years ago (and they used an existing structure with very little theming outside of the queue). They have had more than enough time.

Matt_Black

Many theme parks across the world can knock up a 200ft B&M in 8 months yet there's a feeling that it's impossible for Disney to open a flat ride, a family coaster, some small/mid level theming and some buildings within a year? Something's not right there no matter how it's spun.

Yeah, you'd think they were trying to build in the busiest vacation destination in the world, or something!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom